Download mp3

Standard版听写规则(新手必读)

版主提示:
一、若是自己的听写稿, 请发帖时标注'Homework'.
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
三、为了达到最快的下载速度,推荐使用迅雷高速下载本站音频/视频材料.

【整理】2008-03-25 【整理人】Jakiegong

Transcript

From NPR news in Washington, I'm Jack Speer.

President Bush offered his sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones fighting in Iraq as the death toll of that war has now reached 4000. Mr. Bush made the comments as the White House and the Pentagon engaged in the formal assessment over the future of Iraq policy. NPR’s Guy Raz has more.

Almost exactly 5 years since the start of the war, 4000 US service men and women have lost their lives in Iraq. The president acknowledged the milestone and said history will prove the sacrifices worthwhile. "One day people will look back at this moment in history and say, thank God there were courageous people willing to serve, because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come."

The president made the comments at the State Department. There he heard from senior diplomats, sounding out their views on the way forward in Iraq. Early in the day, the top military commander there, General David Petraeus, offered the president his perspective. Most senior military commanders now favor a temporary freeze in troop withdrawls starting later this summer. Guy Raz, NPR news Washington.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick faces felony charges of perjury and obstruction of justice in a scandal that could end his political career and send him to prison. Detroit Public Radio’s Quinn Klinefelter has more.

Prosecutors say Kilpatrick and his former chief of staff lied under oath about having an affair and firing policemen investigating them. Prosecutors add that various documents they saw as evidence seem to have disappeared or are being withheld by city officials. For his part, Kilpatrick who has often blamed racism and biased media for his troubles says the prosecutor is bowing to the bad press thrown at the mayor. "I am deeply disappointed in the prosecutors' decision. I can’t say that I am surprised, however, this has been a very flawed process from the very beginning. I look forward to complete exoneration once all the facts surrounding this matter have been brought forth." Kilpatrick’s attorney argues that the mayor is a victim of, quote, selective prosecution.

On Wall Street the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 187 points today closing at 12,548. This is Npr.

The Supreme Court has voted to uphold a federal policy that permits employers to reduce health insurance expenses for retired workers once they turn 65 and qualify for Medicare. The justices turned down an appeal from the group AARP asking the court to undo a rule that allows employers to treat retirees differently based on their age. The rule was put in place by the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission amid concerns employers might reduce or even eliminate benefits for retirees. They could not take Medicare into account when structuring benefit plans.

Today is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register to vote. Only voters who are registered with the party can vote for their party’s ticket in the Keystone State's April 22nd primary. From Member Station WHYY in Philadelphia, Elizabeth Fiedler reports.

Fans of Senator Hillary Clinton stayed at a center city intersection. They held up "Honk for Hillary" signs and directed passers-by like Sheen and *(人名) toward a sidewalk registration table. “I really haven’t been following either of their campaigns, but I know that Hillary stays by Mr. Clinton. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away staff and volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters, where Valerie Roscoe was busy sorting registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  Voter registration forms must be postmarked by today, or Philadelphians have until midnight to drop them off at the city commissioner’s office. For NPR news, I’m Elizabeth Fiedler in Philadelphia.

Crude oil fell 98 cents a barrel today ending the session at 101 dollars and 86 cents a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

I'm Jack Speer, NPR news in Washington.

--------

honk for Clinton的图没有找到,拿张obama的来充数吧。

[ 本帖最后由 jakiegong 于 2008-3-27 23:34 编辑 ]
附件: 您所在的用户组无法下载或查看附件

普特在线文本比较普特在线听音查字普特在线拼写检查普特文本转音频

支持普特英语听力就多多发帖吧!您们的参与是对斑竹工作最大的肯定与支持!如果您觉得还不错,推荐给周围的朋友吧~

Homework

有几处不确定,请更正

From NPR news from Washington, I am Jack Sphere

President Bush offered his sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones fighting in Iraq as the death toll of the war has now reached 4000, Mr. Bush made the comment as the white house and Pentagon engaged the formal assessment over the future of Iraq policy. Almost exactly 5 years since the start of the war,4000 US service men and women have lost their lives in Iraq. The president acknowledges the milestone and said History will prove the sacrifices worthwhile. One day People look back at this moment, history says thank god for the states   People willing to service. Because they laid foundations for peace for generations to come. The president made the comment at the state department. There he heard from senior diplomats sounding out their views on the way forward in Iraq. Early on the day the top military commanders there Jawar David Patrias offered the president his perspective. Most senior military commanders now favor a temporary phrase in troops withdraws starting later this summer.. Diaras, NPR news in Washington.

Shaut mayor Quarmy Killpatric faces phony charges of perjury in a struction of justice in a scandal that could end his political career and send him to prison. Betrot public radio Queen Clivotor has more.

Prosecutor say Killpatric and his former chief of staff lied on the oath about having an affair and firing policemen investigating them. Prosecutors say that various documents they saw as evidence seems to have disappeared or are being withheld by the city officials. For this part, Killpatric  who is often blaming the racism and biased media for his troubles. Says the prosecutor is bowing to the bad press thrown at the mayor. I am deeply disappointed at the decision  I can’t say I am very surprised, however this has been a very flawed process from the every beginning I look forward to complete exoneration with all the facts running this matter have been brought forth. Killpatric is turning the argument that mayor is a victim of quote selective prosecution.

On Walstreet the Dowjus industrial average was up 187 points today closing at 12548. This is Npr

The supreme court has voted opp the federal policies that permit employers to reduce house insurance expenses for retired workers once they turn 65 and qualified for medicare. The Justices turned down the appeal. Homegroup AArp asking the court to undo the rule that allows employer treat retirees differently based on their age. The rule was put in place by federal employment opportunity commission making concerns employers might reduce or even eliminate benefit for the retirees. They could not take medicare that could help win structuring benefit plans.

Today is the deadline for Pasevinians to register the vote on the voters who are registered with the parties can vote for that party’s ticket. In the Keystone’s states April 22nd primary from Member station WHWW Warsyly reports

Fans of Senator Hilary Clinton stick out at the center city Innersection. They have a pang for Hilary side. And director Passers-by Shena Darly told the sanguine for registration table. “I really haven’t followed either of their campaigns, but I know Hilary stays right making plans. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away stuffing volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters. Alery Risco was busy selling registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  But the registration forms must be posted by today. All Phylidesia have been told midnight to drop the math the city commissioner’s office.

Crude oil soar 98 cents a barrel today and amid the session 101 dollar and 86 cents a barrel in NewYork mechantile exchange.. I am Jack Spear NPR news in Washington.

[ 本帖最后由 yuehanzhi 于 2008-3-25 11:37 编辑 ]

评分次数

• April18

立即获取| 免费注册领取外教体验课一节

on yuehanzhi

From NPR news from Washington, I am Jack Speer 

President Bush offered his sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones fighting in Iraq as the death toll of that war has now reached 4000. Mr. Bush made the comments as the white house and Pentagon engaged the formal assessment over the future of Iraq policy. NPR’s *Rock has more.

Almost exactly 5 years since the start of the war, 4000 US service men and women have lost their lives in Iraq. The president acknowledged the milestone and said History will prove the sacrifices worthwhile.

One day people will look back at this moment in history and say Thank God there were courageous people willing to serve. Because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come.

The president made the comments at the State Department. There he heard from senior diplomats sounding out their views on the way forward in Iraq. Early in the day the top military commanders there Jawar David Patrias offered the president his perspective. Most senior military commanders now favor a temporary freeze in troop withdrawls starting later this summer. Diaras, NPR news Washington.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick faces phony charges of perjury and obstruction of justice in a scandal that could end his political career and send him to prison. Detroit Public Radio’s * has more.

Prosecutors say Kilpatrick and his former chief of staff lied on the oath about having an affair aimed at firing policemen investigating them. Prosecutors add that various documents they saw as evidence seem/ to have disappeared or are being withheld by /city officials. For his part, Kilpatrick who has often blamed the racist and biased media for his troubles says the prosecutor is bowing to the bad press thrown at the mayor. I am deeply disappointed at the prosecutor’s decision I can’t say that I am surprised, however, this has been a very flawed process from the very beginning I look forward to complete exoneration once all the facts surrounding this matter have been brought forth. Kilpatrick’s attorney argues that the mayor is the victim of quote selective prosecution.

On Wall Street the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 187 points today closing at 12548. This is Npr

The Supreme Court has voted to uphold the federal policy that permits employers to reduce house insurance expenses for retired workers once they turn 65 and qualify for medicare. The Justices turned down the appeal. Homegroup AARP asking the court to undo a rule that allows employers to treat retirees differently based on their age. The rule was put in place by the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission amid concerns employers might reduce or even eliminate benefits for the retirees. They could not take medicare in what count on structuring benefit plans.

Today is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register the vote on the voters who are registered with the party can vote for their party’s ticket. In the Keystone’s States April 22nd primary from Member Station WHYY * Warsyly reports

Fans of Senator Hilary Clinton stayed out/ the center city intersection. They held a pang for Hilary side and directed passers-by like Sheen and * toward a sidewalk registration table. “I really haven’t been following either of their campaigns, but I know that Hilary stays right making plans. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away stuffing volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters, where Valerie * was busy sorting registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  Voter registration forms must be post-marked by today. All Philadelphians have until midnight to drop them at the city commissioner’s office. For NPR news, I’m Elizabeth * in Philadelphia

Crude oil fell 98 cents a barrel today and in a recession to 101 dollars and 86 cents a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.. I am Jack Speer NPR news in Washington.

评分次数

• April18

实现无障碍英语沟通

On myconsent

From NPR news from Washington, I am Jack Speer 

President Bush offered his sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones fighting in Iraq as the death toll of that war has now reached 4000. Mr. Bush made the comments as the white house and Pentagon engaged the formal assessment over the future of Iraq policy. NPR’s *Rock has more.

Almost exactly 5 years since the start of the war, 4000 US service men and women have lost their lives in Iraq. The president acknowledged the milestone and said History will prove the sacrifices worthwhile.

One day people will look back at this moment in history and say Thank God there were courageous people willing to serve. Because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come.

The president made the comments at the State Department. There he heard from senior diplomats sounding out their views on the way forward in Iraq. Early in the day the top military commanders there General David Patrias offered the president his perspective. Most senior military commanders now favor a temporary freeze in troop withdrawls starting later this summer. Diaras, NPR news Washington.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick faces phony charges of perjury and obstruction of justice in a scandal that could end his political career and send him to prison. Detroit Public Radio’s * has more.

Prosecutors say Kilpatrick and his former chief of staff lied under oath about having an affair aimed at firing policemen investigating them. Prosecutors add that various documents they saw as evidence seem/ to have disappeared or are being withheld by /city officials. For his part, Kilpatrick who has often blamed the racist and biased media for his troubles says the prosecutor is bowing to the bad press thrown at the mayor. I am deeply disappointed at the prosecutor’s decision I can’t say that I am surprised, however, this has been a very flawed process from the very beginning I look forward to complete exoneration once all the facts surrounding this matter have been brought forth. Kilpatrick’s attorney argues that the mayor is the victim of quote selective prosecution.

On Wall Street the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 187 points today closing at 12548. This is Npr

The Supreme Court has voted to uphold the federal policy that permits employers to reduce house insurance expenses for retired workers once they turn 65 and qualify for medicare. The Justices turned down the appeal. Homegroup AARP asking the court to undo a rule that allows employers to treat retirees differently based on their age. The rule was put in place by the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission amid concerns employers might reduce or even eliminate benefits for the retirees. They could not take medicare in what count on structuring benefit plans.

Today is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register the vote on the voters who are registered with the party can vote for their party’s ticket. In the Keystone’s States April 22nd primary from Member Station WHYY Philadelphia Warsyly reports.

Fans of Senator Hilary Clinton stayed out/ the center city intersection. They held a pang for Hilary side and directed passers-by like Sheen and * toward a sidewalk registration table. “I really haven’t been following either of their campaigns, but I know that Hilary stays right making plans. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away staff and volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters, where Valerie * was busy sorting registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  Voter registration forms must be post-marked by today. All Philadelphians have until midnight to drop them at the city commissioner’s office. For NPR news, I’m Elizabeth * in Philadelphia

Crude oil fell 98 cents a barrel today and in a recession to 101 dollars and 86 cents a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.. I am Jack Speer NPR news in Washington.

评分次数

• April18

口译专员推荐—>口译训练软件IPTAM口译通

homework

您好,重复修改了,可能您米看到前面一位桐子已经发了,帮您改成hw了,请见谅:)——April

From NPR News from Washington, I am Jack Speer 

President Bush offered his sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones fighting in Iraq as the death toll of that war has now reached 4000. Mr. Bush made the comments as the White House and Pentagon engaged the formal assessment over the future of Iraq policy. NPR’s Dive Rock) has more.

One day people will look back at this moment in history and say “Thank God there were courageous people willing to serve, because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come.”

The president made the comments at the State Department. There he heard from senior diplomats sounding out their views on the way forward in Iraq. Earlier in the day the top military commanders there General David Patrias offered the president his perspective. Most senior military commanders now favor a temporary freeze in troop withdrawals starting later this summer. Diaras, NPR News Washington.

Prosecutors say Kilpatrick and his former chief of staff lied on the oath about having an affair aimed at firing policemen investigating them. Prosecutors add that various documents they saw as evidence seem to have disappeared or are being withheld by city officials. For his part, Kilpatrick who has often blamed the racist and biased media for his troubles says the prosecutor is bowing to the bad press thrown at the mayor. I am deeply disappointed at the prosecutor’s decision I can’t say that I am surprised, however, this has been a very flawed process from the very beginning I look forward to complete exoneration once all the facts surrounding this matter have been brought forth. Kilpatrick’s attorney argues that the mayor is the victim of quote selective prosecution.

On Wall Street the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 187 points today closing at 12,548. This is NPR

Today is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register the vote on the voters who are registered with the party can vote for their party’s ticket. In the Keystone’s States April 22nd primary from Member Station WHYY in Philadelphia, Warsyly reports

Fans of Senator Hilary Clinton stayed out the center city intersection. They held a pang for Hilary side and directed passers-by like Sheen and * toward a sidewalk registration table. “I really haven’t been following either of their campaigns, but I know that Hilary stays right making plans. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away stuffing volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters, where Valerie * was busy sorting registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  Voter registration forms must be post-marked by today. All Philadelphians have until midnight to drop them at the city commissioner’s office. For NPR News, I’m Elizabeth * in Philadelphia

Crude oil fell 98 cents a barrel today and in a recession to 101 dollars and 86 cents a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. I am Jack Speer NPR News in Washington.

[ 本帖最后由 April18 于 2008-3-25 16:07 编辑 ]

on dianavsbean 

From NPR News from Washington, I am Jack Speer 

President Bush offered his sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones fighting in Iraq as the death toll of that war has now reached 4000. Mr. Bush made the comments as the White House and Pentagon engaged in the formal assessment over the future of Iraq policy. NPR’s Dive Rock has more.

One day people will look back at this moment in history and say “Thank God there were courageous people willing to serve, because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come.”

The president made the comments at the State Department. There he heard from senior diplomats sounding out their views on the way forward in Iraq. Earlier in the day the top military commanders there General David Patrias offered the president his perspective. Most senior military commanders now favor a temporary freeze in troop withdrawals starting later this summer. Diaras, NPR News Washington.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick faces felony charges of perjury and obstruction of justice in a scandal that could end his political career and send him to prison. Detroit Public Radio’s * has more.

Prosecutors say Kilpatrick and his former chief of staff lied on the oath about having an affair aimed at firing policemen investigating them. Prosecutors add that various documents they saw as evidence seem to have disappeared or are being withheld by city officials. For his part, Kilpatrick who has often blamed the racist and biased media for his troubles says the prosecutor is bowing to the bad press thrown at the mayor. I am deeply disappointed at the prosecutor’s decision I can’t say that I am surprised, however, this has been a very flawed process from the very beginning I look forward to complete exoneration once all the facts surrounding this matter have been brought forth. Kilpatrick’s attorney argues that the mayor is the victim of quote selective prosecution.

On Wall Street the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 187 points today closing at 12,548. This is NPR

The Supreme Court has voted to uphold the federal policy that permits employers to reduce house insurance expenses for retired workers once they turn 65 and qualify for medicare. The Justices turned down the appeal. Homegroup AARP asking the court to undo a rule that allows employers to treat retirees differently based on their age. The rule was put in place by the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission amid concerns employers might reduce or even eliminate benefits for the retirees. They could not take medicare into account when structuring benefit plans.

Today is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register the vote on the voters who are registered with the party can vote for their party’s ticket. In the Keystone’s States April 22nd primary from Member Station WHYY in Philadelphia, Warsyly reports

Fans of Senator Hilary Clinton stayed out the center city intersection. They held a pang for Hilary side and directed passers-by like Sheen and * toward a sidewalk registration table. “I really haven’t been following either of their campaigns, but I know that Hilary stays right making plans. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away stuffing volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters, where Valerie * was busy sorting registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  Voter registration forms must be post-marked by today. All Philadelphians have until midnight to drop them at the city commissioner’s office. For NPR News, I’m Elizabeth * in Philadelphia

Crude oil fell 98 cents a barrel today and in a recession to 101 dollars and 86 cents a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. I am Jack Speer NPR News in Washington.

评分次数

on seyrs

忍不住来瞄瞄···人名偷懒了```有劳斑竹了哈

From NPR news in Washington, I am Jack Speer 

President Bush offered his sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones fighting in Iraq as the death toll of that war has now reached 4000. Mr. Bush made the comments as the White House and the Pentagon engaged in the formal assessment over the future of Iraq policy. NPR’s *Rock has more.

The president made the comments at the State Department. There he heard from senior diplomats sounding out their views on the way forward in Iraq. Early in the day the top military commander/ there General David Petraeus offered the president his perspective. Most senior military commanders now favor a temporary freeze in troop withdrawls starting later this summer. Diaras, NPR news Washington.

Prosecutors say Kilpatrick and his former chief of staff lied under oath about having an affair and firing policemen investigating them. Prosecutors add that various documents they saw as evidence seem to have disappeared or are being withheld by /city officials. For his part, Kilpatrick who has often blamed the racism and biased media for his troubles says the prosecutor is bowing to the bad press thrown at the mayor. I am deeply disappointed at the prosecutors' decision. I can’t say that I am surprised, however, this has been a very flawed process from the very beginning I look forward to complete exoneration once all the facts surrounding this matter have been brought forth. Kilpatrick’s attorney argues that the mayor is a victim of quote selective prosecution.

The Supreme Court has voted to uphold a federal policy that permits employers to reduce health insurance expenses for retired workers once they turn 65 and qualify for medicare. The Justices turned down an appeal from the group AARP asking the court to undo a rule that allows employers to treat retirees differently based on their age. The rule was put in place by the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission amid concerns employers might reduce or even eliminate benefits for the retirees. They could not take medicare into account when structuring benefit plans.

Today is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register the vote on the voters who are registered with the party can vote for their party’s ticket. In the Keystone’s States April 22nd primary from Member Station WHYY in Philadelphia Warsyly reports.

Fans of Senator Hillary Clinton stayed out/ the center city intersection. They held upon for Hillary sides and directed passers-by like Sheen and * toward a sidewalk registration table. “I really haven’t been following either of their campaigns, but I know that Hillary stays by Mr. Clinton. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away staff and volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters, where Valerie * was busy sorting registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  Voter registration forms must be post-marked by today. All Philadelphians have until midnight to drop them at the city commissioner’s office. For NPR news, I’m Elizabeth * in Philadelphia

Crude oil fell 98 cents a barrel today and in a recession of 101 dollars and 86 cents a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.. I am Jack Speer NPR news in Washington.

[ 本帖最后由 Cherry Crush 于 2008-3-25 22:27 编辑 ]

评分次数

• April18

实现无障碍英语沟通

on Cherry Crush

随便改改,睡觉了。

President Bush offered his sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones fighting in Iraq as the death toll of that war has now reached 4000. Mr. Bush made the comments as the White House and the Pentagon engaged in the formal assessment over the future of Iraq policy. NPR’s Guy Raz has more.

Almost exactly 5 years since the start of the war, 4000 US service men and women have lost their lives in Iraq. The president acknowledged the milestone and said history will prove the sacrifices worthwhile. "One day people will look back at this moment in history and say, thank God there were courageous people willing to serve, because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come."

The president made the comments at the State Department. There he heard from senior diplomats sounding out their views on the way forward in Iraq. Early in the day the top military commander there General David Petraeus offered the president his perspective. Most senior military commanders now favor a temporary freeze in troop withdrawls starting later this summer. Guy Raz, NPR news Washington.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick faces felony charges of perjury and obstruction of justice in a scandal that could end his political career and send him to prison. Detroit Public Radio’s Quinn Klinefelter has more.

Prosecutors say Kilpatrick and his former chief of staff lied under oath about having an affair and firing policemen investigating them. Prosecutors add that various documents they saw as evidence seem to have disappeared or are being withheld by city officials. For his part, Kilpatrick who has often blamed / racism and biased media for his troubles says the prosecutor is bowing to the bad press thrown at the mayor. "I am deeply disappointed in the prosecutors' decision. I can’t say that I am surprised, however, this has been a very flawed process from the very beginning. I look forward to complete exoneration once all the facts surrounding this matter have been brought forth." Kilpatrick’s attorney argues that the mayor is a victim of, quote, selective prosecution.

On Wall Street the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 187 points today closing at 12,548. This is Npr.

The Supreme Court has voted to uphold a federal policy that permits employers to reduce health insurance expenses for retired workers once they turn 65 and qualify for medicare. The justices turned down an appeal from the group AARP asking the court to undo a rule that allows employers to treat retirees differently based on their age. The rule was put in place by the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission amid concerns employers might reduce or even eliminate benefits for the retirees. They could not take medicare into account when structuring benefit plans.

Today is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register to vote. Only voters who are registered with the party can vote for their party’s ticket in the Keystone/ State's April 22nd primary. From Member Station WHYY in Philadelphia, Elizabeth Fiedler reports.

Fans of Senator Hillary Clinton stayed out the center city intersection. They held upon for Hillary signs and directed passers-by like Sheen and * toward a sidewalk registration table. “I really haven’t been following either of their campaigns, but I know that Hillary stays by Mr. Clinton. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away staff and volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters, where Valerie * was busy sorting registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  Voter registration forms must be post-marked by today. All Philadelphians have until midnight to drop them off at the city commissioner’s office. For NPR news, I’m Elizabeth Fiedler in Philadelphia.

Crude oil fell 98 cents a barrel today endingsession of 101 dollars and 86 cents a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

[ 本帖最后由 jakiegong 于 2008-3-26 01:11 编辑 ]
普特听力大课堂

on Jakiegong

The president made the comments at the State Department. There he heard from senior diplomats, sounding out their views on the way forward in Iraq. Early in the day, the top military commander there, General David Petraeus, offered the president his perspective. Most senior military commanders now favor a temporary freeze in troop withdrawls starting later this summer. Guy Raz, NPR news Washington.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick faces felony charges of perjury and obstruction of justice in a scandal that could end his political career and send him to prison. Detroit Public Radio’s Quinn Klinefelter has more.

Prosecutors say Kilpatrick and his former chief of staff lied under oath about having an affair and firing policemen investigating them. Prosecutors add that various documents they saw as evidence seem to have disappeared or are being withheld by city officials. For his part, Kilpatrick who has often blamed racism and biased media for his troubles says the prosecutor is bowing to the bad press thrown at the mayor. "I am deeply disappointed in the prosecutors' decision. I can’t say that I am surprised, however, this has been a very flawed process from the very beginning. I look forward to complete exoneration once all the facts surrounding this matter have been brought forth." Kilpatrick’s attorney argues that the mayor is a victim of, quote, selective prosecution.

The Supreme Court has voted to uphold a federal policy that permits employers to reduce health insurance expenses for retired workers once they turn 65 and qualify for Medicare. The justices turned down an appeal from the group AARP asking the court to undo a rule that allows employers to treat retirees differently based on their age. The rule was put in place by the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission amid concerns employers might reduce or even eliminate benefits for / retirees. They could not take Medicare into account when structuring benefit plans.

Today is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register to vote. Only voters who are registered with the party can vote for their party’s ticket in the Keystone State's April 22nd primary. From Member Station WHYY in Philadelphia, Elizabeth Fiedler reports.

Fans of Senator Hillary Clinton stayed out / center city intersection. They held upon for Hillary signs and directed passers-by like Sheen and * toward a sidewalk registration table. “I really haven’t been following either of their campaigns, but I know that Hillary stays by Mr. Clinton. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away staff and volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters, where Valerie Roscoe was busy sorting registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  Voter registration forms must be postmarked by today. All Philadelphians have until midnight to drop them off at the city commissioner’s office. For NPR news, I’m Elizabeth Fiedler in Philadelphia.

Crude oil fell 98 cents a barrel today ending the session at 101 dollars and 86 cents a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

好栏目推荐之美国口语俚语

on 春山烟雨扇

The Supreme Court has voted to uphold a federal policy that permits employers to reduce health insurance expenses for retired workers once they turn 65 and qualify for Medicare. The justices turned down an appeal from the group AARP asking the court to undo a rule that allows employers to treat retirees differently based on their age. The rule was put in place by the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission amid concerns employers might reduce or even eliminate benefits for retirees. They could not take Medicare into account when structuring benefit plans.

Fans of Senator Hillary Clinton stayed out center city intersection. They held upon for Hillary signs and directed passers-by like Sheen and * toward a sidewalk registration table. “I really haven’t been following either of their campaigns, but I know that Hillary stays by Mr. Clinton. So she has experience, she knows.” A few blocks away staff and volunteers filled Senator Obama’s headquarters, where Valerie Roscoe was busy sorting registration forms. “Senator Obama is truly the type of president we need. We need someone who would inspire all of us to do what we can to change the condition of our nation.”  Voter registration forms must be postmarked by today, or Philadelphians have until midnight to drop them off at the city commissioner’s office. For NPR news, I’m Elizabeth Fiedler in Philadelphia.

Crude oil fell 98 cents a barrel today ending the session at 101 dollars and 86 cents a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

标蓝处不是很确定。

第一处像是stayed at a center-city intersection

第二处我听得像:held up "Home for Hillary" signs,不过google不到,所以不确定

第三处应该是个人名吧

每天半小时 轻松提高英语口语

good

第一个我认为你说的是对地

第二个,held up也很成立。home for Hillary什么意思?

第三个是老美的人名,关系不是很大。

原帖由 jakiegong 于 2008-3-27 20:12 发表 good   第一个我认为你说的是对地   第二个,held up也很成立。home for Hillary什么意思?   第三个是老美的人名,关系不是很大。

好消息,google查到了这个:"Honk For Hillary" signs,貌似就是这个了

[ 本帖最后由 dqc519 于 2008-3-27 22:34 编辑 ]

评分次数

• jakiegong

返回列表