【迅雷高速】下载
Download mp3

Standard版听写规则(新手必读)

版主提示:
一、若是自己的听写稿, 请发帖时标注'Homework'.
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
三、为了达到最快的下载速度,推荐使用迅雷高速下载本站音频/视频材料.

【整理】NPR 2008-09-20  【整理人】谈笑一生

From NPR News in Washington. I'm Jack Speer.

President Bush today sketched out what could be the biggest financial bailout in US history. NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports.

The president said he was reluctant to have the government interfere with the markets. But now there was no choice. "Given the precarious state of today's financial markets and their vital importance to the daily lives of the American people, government intervention is not only warranted, it is essential." He said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would work through the weekend with congressional leaders to forge a plan to buy up bad mortgages and other illiquid assets clogging up the financial system. Paulson said earlier today that the plan could cost hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. The Bush administration has been forced to step in after a volatile week on Wall Street. Dina Temple-Raston, NPR News, Washington.

For stocks, it was a week of cataclysmic moves, 500 plus point drops one day and stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets closed today just about where things were a week ago on news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief. "I'm not sure that I've seen anything like this, and I don't know how many living souls have really seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business." That's portfolio manager Eugene E. Peroni with Adviser Asset Management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today that included tapping, if need be, a 50-billion-dollar fund, provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds, and putting in place a temporary ban on the short-selling of financial stocks.

On Wall Street, the Dow ended the week up 368 points. The NASDAQ closed up about 75 points. The S&P 500 erased its losses for the week, gaining 48 points today.

Detroit's newly sworn-in mayor is calling for hope, unity and healing following nine months of scandal involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

Former Detroit City Council President Ken Cockrel Jr. ascended to the office of Mayor Friday after Kwame Kilpatrick resigned from office. The two-term Mayor stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Ken Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change. "No mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to have to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you that if I didn't know that you were up to the challenge. "Cockrel will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR News, I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit.

Good news for seniors. The monthly premium for most elderly and disabled individuals covered under Medicare will remain the same next year at $96. 40 a month. It's the first time that change in Medicare part B hasn't gone up since 2000.

This is NPR.

President Bush is scheduled to sit down next week in Washington with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas with two men expected to review the current state of progress on Middle East peace talks. According to a statement issued by the White House today, the president is looking forward to the talks. The meeting between the two leaders comes after Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's victory to replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who faces possible indictment and has announced plans to step down. President Bush has been pushing for a deal on a Palestinian state before he leaves office in January, though few see any signs of a major breakthrough.

The news from Wall Street may be gloomy but there's at least one bright spot in the publishing world today. Oprah Winfrey named her latest book club pick as the story of a boy and his dog. NPR's Lynn Neary has more.

First time novelist David Wroblewski is living the writer's dream. His book "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" soared the best-seller lists after it was released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title. That's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher Harpercollins. The book tells a story of a boy who lives on a farm, Wisconsin where his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boy's mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its themes from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent 10 years working on the novel. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

Los Angeles Grand Jury has unveiled an indictment against eight current and former employees of the Ralphs Grocery Store Chain. It stems from the 2003-2004 grocery workers strike. A spokesman says managers allegedly rehired hundreds of locked-out employees under false names and using false Social Security numbers.

I'm Jack Speer. NPR News in Washington.

[ 本帖最后由 cxc-谈笑一生 于 2008-9-24 07:40 编辑 ]

普特在线文本比较普特在线听音查字普特在线拼写检查普特文本转音频

支持普特英语听力就多多发帖吧!您们的参与是对斑竹工作最大的肯定与支持!如果您觉得还不错,推荐给周围的朋友吧~

Homework

From NPR news in Washington, I'm Jack Speer.

President Bush today sketched out what could be the biggest financial bailout in US history. NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports.

The president said he was reluctant to have the government interfere with the markets. But now there was no choice. Given the precarious state of today's financial markets and their vital importance to the daily lives of the American people, government intervention is not only warranted, it is essential. He said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would work through the weekend with congressional leaders to forge a plan to buy up bad mortgages and other illiquid assets clogging up the financial system. Paulson said earlier today that the plan could cost hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. The Bush Administration has been forced to step in after a volatile week on Wall Street. Dina Temple-Raston, NPR News, Washington.

For stocks it was a week of cataclysmic moves, 500 plus point drops one day and stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets close today just about where things were a week ago on news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief. I'm not sure that I've seen anything like this and I don't know how many living soldier really seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business. That's portfolio manager Eugene Peroni with Advisors Asset Management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today and that included tapping it, if need be, a 50 billion dollar fund, provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds and putting in place a temporary ban on the short selling of financial stocks.

On Wall Street, the Dow ended the week up 368 points. The NASDAQ closed up about 75 points. The S&P 500 raced its losses for the week gaining 48 points today.

Detroit's newly sworn in mayor is calling for hope unity and healing following nine months of scandal involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

Former Detroit City Council president Ken Cockrel Jr. ascended to the office of Mayor Friday, after Kwame Kilpatrick resigned from office. The two term Mayor stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change. "No mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to have to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you if I didn't know that you are up to the challenge. Cockrel will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR News, I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit.

Good news for seniors, the monthly premium for most elderly and disabled individuals covered under Medicare will remain the same next year at $96.40 a month. It's the first time that change in Medicare part B hasn't gone up since 2000. This is NPR.

President Bush is scheduled to sit down next week in Washington with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. With the two men expected to review the current state of progress on Middle East peace talks. According to a statement issued by the White House today, the president is looking forward to the talks. The meeting between the two leaders comes after Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's victory to replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who faces possible indictment and has announced plans to step down.

President Bush has been pushing for a deal on a Palestinian state before he leaves office in January -- see any signs of a major breakthrough.

The news from Wall Street may be gloomy but there's at least one bright spot in the publishing world today. Oprah Winfrey named her latest book club pick. It is the story of a boy and his dog. NPR's Lynn Neary has more.

First time novelist David Wroblewski is leaving the writer's dream. His book the Story of Edgar Sawtelle sought -- sort of best seller list after it released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title that's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher HarperCollins. The book has  the story of a boy who lives on a farm in Wisconsin where his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boy's mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its teams from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent ten years working on the novel. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

Los Angeles Grand Jury has unveiled an indictment against eight current and former employees of the Ralphs grocery store chain. Stems from a 2003–2004 Grocery workers strike. Spokesman says managers allegedly rehired hundreds of locked out employees under false names and using false Social Security numbers.

I'm Jack Speer, NPR News in Washington.

评分次数

立即获取| 免费注册领取外教体验课一节
HW

The president said he was reluctant to have the government interfere with the markets. But now there was no choice.

"Given the precarious state of today's financial markets and their vital importance to the daily lives of the American people, government intervention is not only warranted. It is essential."

He said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would work through the weekend with congressional leaders to forge a plan to buy up bad mortgages and other illiquid assets clogging up the financial system. Paulson said earlier today that the plan could cost hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. The Bush administration has been forced to step in after a volatile week on Wall Street. Dina Temple-Raston NPR News Washington.

For stocks it was a week of cataclysmic moves. 500 plus point drops one day in stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets close today just about where things were a week ago and news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief.

"I'm not sure that I -- anything like this and I don't know how many living soldier actually seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business."

That's portfolio manager Eugene E. Peroni with the adviser asset management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today and that included tapping it if need be a 50-billion-dollar fund. Provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds and putting in place a temporary ban on the short selling of financial stocks.

On Wall Street Dow ended the week up 368 points. The NASDAQ closed up about 75 points. The S&P 500 raced its losses for the week gaining 48 points today.

Detroit's newly sworn in mayor is calling for hope unity and healing following 9 months of scandal involving former mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

Former Detroit City Council president Ken Cockrel Jr. sent to the Office of Mayor Friday after Kwame Kilpatrick resign from office. The two term mayors stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Ken Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change.

"No Mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No Mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you that if I didn’t know that you were up to the challenge."

Cockrel will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR news I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit.

Good news for seniors the monthly premium for most elderly and disabled individuals covered under Medicare or remain the same next here in $96.40 a month to first time that change in Medicare part B hasn't gone up since 2000.

This is NPR.

President Bush is scheduled to sit down next week in Washington with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas with two men expected to review the current state of progress on Middle East peace talks. According to a statement issued by the White House today, the president is looking forward to the talks. The meeting between the two leaders comes after Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's victory replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who faces possible indictment and has announced plans to step down. President Bush has been pushing for a deal on a Palestinian state before he leaves office in January to see any signs of major breakthrough.

The news from Wall Street may be gloomy but there's at least one bright spot in the publishing world today. Oprah Winfrey named her latest book club ticket as the story of a boy and his dog. NPR's Lynn Neary has more.

First time novelist David Wroblewski is leaving the writer's dream. His book "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" sort of best seller list after it was released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title. That's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher Harpercollins. The book the story of a boy who lives on a farm in Wisconsin his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boys mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its themes from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent ten years working on the novel. Lynn Neary NPR News Washington.

Los Angeles Grand Jury has unveiled an indictment against 8 current and former employees of the Ralphs Grocery Store Chain stems from 8 2003-2004 Grocery workers strike. Spokesman says managers allegedly we hired hundreds of locked out employees under false names and using false Social Security numbers.

实现无障碍英语沟通

on eve

From NPR news in Washington, I'm Jack Speer.

The president said he was reluctant to have the government interfere with the markets. But now there was no choice. Given the precarious state of today's financial markets and their vital importance to the daily lives of the American people, government intervention is not only warranted, it is essential. He said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would work through the weekend with congressional leaders to forge a plan to buy up bad mortgages and other illiquid assets clogging up the financial system. Paulson said earlier today that the plan could cost hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. The Bush Administration has been forced to step in after a volatile week on Wall Street. Dina Temple-Raston, NPR News, Washington.

For stocks it was a week of cataclysmic moves, 500 plus point drops one day and stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets close today just about where things were a week ago on news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief. I'm not sure that I've seen anything like this and I don't know how many living soldier really seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business. That's portfolio manager Eugene Peroni with Advisors Asset Management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today and that included tapping it, if need be, a 50 billion dollars fund, provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds and putting in place a temporary ban on the short selling of financial stocks.

On Wall Street, the Dow ended the week up 368 points. The NASDAQ closed up about 75 points. The S&P 500 raced its losses for the week gaining 48 points today.  Detroit's newly sworn in mayor is calling for hope unity and healing following nine months of scandal involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

Former Detroit City Council president Ken Cockrel Jr. ascended to the office of Mayor Friday, after Kwame Kilpatrick resigned from office. The two term Mayor stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change. "No mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to have to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you if I didn't know that you are up to the challenge. Cockrel will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR News, I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit. 

Good news for seniors, the monthly premium for most elderly and disabled individuals covered under Medicare will remain the same next year at $96.40 a month. It's the first time that change in Medicare part B hasn't gone up since 2000. This is NPR.

President Bush is scheduled to sit down next week in Washington with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. With the two men expected to review the current state of progress on Middle East peace talks. According to a statement issued by the White House today, the president is looking forward to the talks. The meeting between the two leaders comes after Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's victory to replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who faces possible indictment and has announced plans to step down. President Bush has been pushing for a deal on a Palestinian state before he leaves office in January -- see any signs of a major breakthrough.

The news from Wall Street may be gloomy but there's at least one bright spot in the publishing world today. Oprah Winfrey named her latest book club pick. It is the story of a boy and his dog. NPR's Lynn Neary has more. 

First time novelist David Wroblewski is leaving the writer's dream. His book the Story of Edgar Sawtelle sought -- sort of best seller list after it released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title that's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher HarperCollins. The book has the story of a boy who lives on a farm in Wisconsin where his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boy's mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its teams from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent ten years working on the novel. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

Los Angeles Grand Jury has unveiled an indictment against eight current and former employees of the Ralphs grocery store chain. Stems from a 2003–2004 Grocery workers strike. Spokesman says managers allegedly rehired hundreds of locked out employees under false names and using false Social Security numbers. 

I'm Jack Speer, NPR News in Washington.

评分次数

我甚至以为我已把你忘记的时候。你却从背后悄然无息地掩杀上来。倏儿抹杀永不相见的誓言!
口译专员推荐—>口译训练软件IPTAM口译通
On ysy

The president said he was reluctant to have the government interfere with the markets. But now there was no choice.

"Given the precarious state of today's financial markets and their vital importance to the daily lives of the American people, government intervention is not only warranted. It is essential. "

He
said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would work through the weekend with congressional leaders to forge a plan to buy up bad mortgages and other illiquid assets clogging up the financial system. Paulson said earlier today that the plan could cost hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. The Bush administration has been forced to step in after a volatile week on Wall Street. Dina Temple-Raston NPR News Washington.

For stocks it was a week of cataclysmic moves. 500 plus point drops one day in stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets close today just about where things were a week ago and news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief.

"I'm not sure that I've anything like this and I don't know how many living soldier actually seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business. "

That's
portfolio manager Eugene E. Peroni with Adviser Asset Management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today and that included tapping it if need be a 50-billion-dollar fund provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds and putting in place a temporary ban on the short selling of financial stocks.

On Wall Street, Dow ended the week up 368 points. The NASDAQ closed up about 75 points. The S&P 500 raced its losses for the week gaining 48 points today.

Detroit's newly sworn in mayor is calling for hope unity and healing following 9 months of scandal involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

Former Detroit City Council president Ken Cockrel Jr. ascended to the Office of Mayor Friday after Kwame Kilpatrick resigned from office. The two term Mayors stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Ken Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change.

"No Mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No Mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you that if I didn t know that you were up to the challenge. "

Cockrel
will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR news I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit.

Good news for seniors. The monthly premium for most elderly and disabled individuals covered under Medicare or remain the same next here in $96. 40 a month. It's the first time that change in Medicare part B hasn't gone up since 2000.

This is NPR.

President Bush is scheduled to sit down next week in Washington with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas with two men expected to review the current state of progress on Middle East peace talks. According to a statement issued by the White House today, the president is looking forward to the talks. The meeting between the two leaders comes after Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's victory replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who faces possible indictment and has announced plans to step down. President Bush has been pushing for a deal on a Palestinian state before he leaves office in January to see any signs of major breakthrough.

The news from Wall Street may be gloomy but there's at least one bright spot in the publishing world today. Oprah Winfrey named her latest book club ticket as the story of a boy and his dog. NPR's Lynn Neary has more.

First time novelist David Wroblewski is leaving the writer's dream. His book "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" sort of best seller list after it released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title. That's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher Harpercollins. The book the story of a boy who lives on a farm in Wisconsin his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boys mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its themes from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent ten years working on the novel. Lynn Neary, NPR News Washington.

Los Angeles Grand Jury has unveiled an indictment against 8 current and former employees of the Ralphs Grocery Store Chain stems from a 2003-2004 Grocery workers strike. Spokesman says managers allegedly rehired hundreds of locked out employees under false names and using false Social Security numbers.

[ 本帖最后由 lizardfly 于 2008-9-20 09:32 编辑 ]

评分次数

ON LIZARDFLY

"Given the precarious state of today's financial markets and their vital importance to the daily lives of the American people, government intervention is not only warranted. It is essential. "

He said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would work through the weekend with congressional leaders to forge a plan to buy up bad mortgages and other illiquid assets clogging up the financial system. Paulson said earlier today that the plan could cost hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. The Bush administration has been forced to step in after a volatile week on Wall Street. Dina Temple-Raston NPR News Washington.

"I'm not sure that I've seen anything like this and I don't know how many living souls have actually seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business. "

That's portfolio manager Eugene E. Peroni with Adviser Asset Management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today and that included tapping,if need be, a 50-billion-dollar fund provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds and putting in place a temporary ban on the short-selling of financial stocks.

On Wall Street, Dow ended the week up 368 points. The NASDAQ closed up about 75 points. The S&P 500 erased its losses for the week, gaining 48 points today.

Detroit's newly sworn in mayor is calling for hope unity and healing following 9 months of scandal involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

Former Detroit City Council president Ken Cockrel Jr. ascended to the Office of Mayor Friday after Kwame Kilpatrick resigned from office. The two term Mayors stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Ken Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change.

"No Mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No Mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you that if I didn t know that you were up to the challenge. "

Cockrel will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR news I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit.

Good news for seniors. The monthly premium for most elderly and disabled individuals covered under Medicare will remain the same next year at $96. 40 a month. It's the first time that change in Medicare part B hasn't gone up since 2000.

This is NPR.

President Bush is scheduled to sit down next week in Washington with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas with two men expected to review the current state of progress on Middle East peace talks. According to a statement issued by the White House today, the president is looking forward to the talks. The meeting between the two leaders comes after Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's victory replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who faces possible indictment and has announced plans to step down. President Bush has been pushing for a deal on a Palestinian state before he leaves office in January that few see any signs of major breakthrough.

The news from Wall Street may be gloomy but there's at least one bright spot in the publishing world today. Oprah Winfrey named her latest book club pick as the story of a boy and his dog. NPR's Lynn Neary has more.

First time novelist David Wroblewski is leaving the writer's dream. His book "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" soared the best seller list after it released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title. That's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher Harpercollins. The book the story of a boy who lives on a farm in Wisconsin where his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boy's mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its themes from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent ten years working on the novel. Lynn Neary, NPR News Washington.

Los Angeles Grand Jury has unveiled an indictment against 8 current and former employees of the Ralphs Grocery Store Chain stems from the 2003-2004 Grocery workers strike. Spokesman says managers allegedly rehired hundreds of walkedout employees under false names and using false Social Security numbers.

评分次数

on LINMINSZU

"Given the precarious state of today's financial markets and their vital importance to the daily lives of the American people, government intervention is not only warranted, it is essential."

He said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would work through the weekend with congressional leaders to forge a plan to buy up bad mortgages and other illiquid assets clogging up the financial system. Paulson said earlier today that the plan could cost hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. The Bush administration has been forced to step in after a volatile week on Wall Street. Dina Temple-Raston, NPR News, Washington.

For stocks, it was a week of cataclysmic moves. 500 plus point drops one day and stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets close today just about where things were a week ago and news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief.

"I'm not sure that I've seen anything like this, and I don't know how many living souls have really seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business."

That's portfolio manager Eugene E. Peroni with Adviser Asset Management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today / that included tapping
, if need be, a 50-billion-dollar fund provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds, and putting in place a temporary ban on the short-selling of financial stocks.

On Wall Street, the Dow ended the week up 368 points. The NASDAQ closed up about 75 points. The S&P 500 erased its losses for the week, gaining 48 points today.

Detroit's newly sworn-in mayor is calling for hope unity and healing following 9 months of scandal involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

Former Detroit City Council President Ken Cockrel Jr. ascended to the Office of Mayor Friday after Kwame Kilpatrick resigned from office. The two-term mayor stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Ken Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change.

"No mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to have to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you that if I didn't know that you were up to the challenge. "

Cockrel will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR News, I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit.

Good news for seniors. The monthly premium for most elderly and disabled individuals covered under Medicare will remain the same next
year at $96. 40 a month. It's the first time that change in Medicare part B hasn't gone up since 2000.

This is NPR.

President Bush is scheduled to sit down next week in Washington with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas with two men expected to review the current state of progress on Middle East peace talks. According to a statement issued by the White House today, the president is looking forward to the talks. The meeting between the two leaders comes after Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's victory replaced Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who faces possible indictment and has announced plans to step down. President Bush has been pushing for a deal on a Palestinian state before he leaves office in January though
few see any signs of major breakthrough.

The news from Wall Street may be gloomy but there's at least one bright spot in the publishing world today. Oprah Winfrey named her latest book club pick as the story of a boy and his dog. NPR's Lynn Neary has more.

First time novelist David Wroblewski is leaving the writer's dream. His book "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
" soared the best-seller lists after it released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title. That's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher Harpercollins. The book tells a story of a boy who lives on a farm North Wisconsin where his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boy's mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its themes from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent ten years working on the novel. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

Los Angeles Grand Jury has unveiled an indictment against 8 current and former employees of the Ralphs Grocery Store Chain stems from 
the 2003-2004 grocery workers strike. Spokesman says managers allegedly rehired hundreds of locked-out employees under false names and using false Social Security numbers.

All sunshine without shade, all pleasure without pain, is not life at all.
实现无障碍英语沟通

google来的,供参考

浅析“市场化”的美国医疗保障体制 

在社会保障计划中,医疗保障是世界各国公认的、操作难度最大的、成本费用最昂贵的一个项目。其最大难点在于:医疗保障收支的不对称性,或者说,支出的不确定性与收入的既定性之间的矛盾。此外,医疗福利中的“道德风险”(包括浪费医疗资源的现象)较大,而且较难规避。因此,在各国医疗保险体制中,几乎普遍存在财政压力过大、医疗资源短缺与浪费同时并存的现象,最终的结果是:病人看病难、看病贵,甚至看病致贫。

从发达国家与发展中国家的情形来看,前者大多推行“全民保健制度”且带有极浓厚的“福利国家”性质的色彩,而后者则多表现为医疗资源的极度短缺或社会医疗保障势单力薄。相比之下,美国的社会医疗保障体制则是比较独特的,或者说是别具一格的。

美国的医疗保障体系主要由三大系列计划所构成:政府举办的社会医疗保障计划、雇主举办的团体医疗保险计划及个人投保的商业医疗保险计划。

(1)政府举办的社会医疗保障计划。它是以政府为责任主体的,只为65岁以上的老年人或社会弱势群体提供的医疗保障(本文将重点介绍该系列);

(2)雇主举办的团体医疗保险计划。则是以雇主为责任主体的,只为65岁以下的在职雇员提供的医疗保障;

(3)个人投保的商业医疗保险计划。则是上述两类医疗保障的自我补充,完全由家庭和个人自由选择参加。

上述三大系列计划均自成体系,相互独立、相互补充、相互促进,彼此照应,除65岁以上老年人的医疗保障福利是由联邦政府主持外,其余医疗保障计划均为私有计划,分别由由雇主和个人自由选择、各自负责。由此可见,美国整个医疗保障体系的市场化程度是相当高的。

在此,本文仅侧重介绍上述第一大系列计划——由美国政府承办的社会医疗保障计划。美国“社会保障”(Social Security)性质的医疗保障计划主要有两类:Medicare计划与Medicaid计划。

(1)Medicare计划。也可译作联邦医疗保险计划,它不同于其他国家的任何“社会医疗保险”,它只为65岁以上的老年人提供医疗健康保障;

(2)Medicaid计划。也可译作医疗援助计划,华人一般称为“医疗补助计划”,它只为符合贫困条件的老年人、盲人、残疾人及穷人等社会弱势群体提供最基本的医疗救济与帮助。

由此可见,美国65岁以下的人口是没有“社会医疗保险”福利的,相反,他们却有强制性的缴费(税)义务。

在此,笔者将着重介绍一下Medicare计划。该计划主要由以下四大部分构成:

1.A部分(Medicare Part A)

该计划也称作住院保险(HI),它是强制性的,这一计划的缴费美国是以纳税的方式来进行的。该税属于工薪税范畴,称作医疗保险税(Medicare tax或HI tax)。只要是工薪者,一般必需缴纳此税。例如,2006年医疗保险税的税率为:雇员及其雇主各按雇员应税收入分别缴付1.45%;自雇者则独自缴付应税收入的2.90%。由此可见,A部分的收入主要来自在职者的医疗保险税,而A部分的支出则只应用于65岁以上的老年人住院治疗、高级护理及家庭护理的费用补偿。

当医疗保险税缴付累计达到40个季度时,则参加者可享受A部分的福利给付;否则,就要按月加缴保险费。当医疗保险税缴付累计达到30——39个季度时,2006年规定的月保险费为216美元;当医疗保险税缴付累计不足30个季度时,2006年规定的月保险费为393美元(不过,在美国这类人不足1%)。

2006年,在A部分每一个福利期(即每一次住院)待遇上,其支付标准如下:

住院的第1——60天:个人自费承担952美元,其余由A部分支付;
  住院的第61——90天:个人每天自费承担238美元,其余由A部分支付;
  住院的第91——150天:个人每天自费承担476美元,其余同A部分支付;
  住院的第150天以上时间:个人全部自费承担所有费用。

此外,在专业护理设施方面的费用分担标准为:第1——20天发生的费用全由A部分支付;第21——100天发生的费用由个人每天自费支付119美元,其余由A部分支付。

2.B部分(Medicare Part B

该计划也称作补充医疗保险计划(SMI),它是自愿性的。既然如此,只有参与了SMI计划的人,65岁以后,他才有资格享受B部分提供的医疗保障福利。只有参加了A部分计划的人,才能选择参加B部分计划。SMI计划通过参加者每月缴纳的保险费和联邦政府的财政拨款进行融资,65岁以后便可享受A部分所未覆盖的医疗项目提供服务时的费用补偿。它主要包括医生服务、门诊病人的医院服务、某些家庭保健服务以及耐用医疗设备的使用等。此外,在一些特殊病症上也有例外的规定,比方,肾脏透析及肾脏移植由A部分承担费用;而肾病治疗的其他相关费用则由B部分承担。2006年参加B部分需缴付的月保险费为88.50美元。

2006年B部分的福利待遇标准为:由B部分保险的全年医疗总费用中,首先由个人支付124美元,然后剩余费用由个人自费承担20%,其他80%由B部分负责支付。

3.C部分(Medicare Part C)

也称作医疗保险加选择计划(Medicare + Choice)。它是1997年诞生的对传统A部分和B部分的一种新的替代计划。它允许参加者在私人服务付费计划、不同的医疗管理计划或医疗储蓄帐户(MSA)中选择保障计划,被给付者还有权选择传统服务的Medicare。政府将市场机制引入Medicare这个公共医疗保险计划,对受益者提供了医疗服务范围的更大选择,它体现了美国以市场为基础的社会政策的特点。

4.D部分(Medicare Part D)

该计划也称为处方药计划(Prescription Drug Plan),从2006年1月1日起开始实施。这是一个全新的计划,由保险公司或其他私人公司与Medicare合作推出。由于医疗界已越来越依赖于新药物来治疗慢性病,患者花在药物上的自付费用因此急剧增长,这一计划将有助于参加者节省处方药物费用。

任何参加A部分和/或B部分计划的人均可参加其所在地区提供的一项Medicare处方药物计划。2006年月保险费大致为37美元左右。

2006年D部分提供的医疗福利标准为:

处方药在250美元以下的,由个人全额自费支付;
  处方药费在251——2250美元的部分,则个人自费支付25%,其他75%则由D部分来支付;
  处方药费用在2251——3600美元的部分,则全由个人自费支付;
  处方药费用超过3600美元部分,受益人支付5%,其余95%则由D部分支付。

评分次数

普特听力大课堂

on brightu斑斑

挑刺

The president said he was reluctant to have the government interfere with the markets. But now there was no choice. "Given the precarious state of today's financial markets and their vital importance to the daily lives of the American people, government intervention is not only warranted, it is essential." He said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would work through the weekend with congressional leaders to forge a plan to buy up bad mortgages and other illiquid assets clogging up the financial system. Paulson said earlier today that the plan could cost hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. The Bush administration has been forced to step in after a volatile week on Wall Street. Dina Temple-Raston, NPR News, Washington.

For stocks, it was a week of cataclysmic moves, 500 plus point drops one day and stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets closed today just about where things were a week ago and news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief. "I'm not sure that I've seen anything like this, and I don't know how many living souls have really seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business." That's portfolio manager Eugene E. Peroni with Adviser Asset Management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today that included tapping, if need be, a 50-billion-dollar fund, provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds, and putting in place a temporary ban on the short-selling of financial stocks.

Detroit's newly sworn-in mayor is calling for hope unity and healing following nine months of scandal involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

Former Detroit City Council President Ken Cockrel Jr. ascended to the Office of Mayor Friday after Kwame Kilpatrick resigned from office. The two-term mayor stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Ken Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change. "No mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to have to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you that if I didn't know that you were up to the challenge. " Cockrel will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR News, I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit.

Good news for seniors. The monthly premium for most elderly and disabled individuals covered under Medicare will remain the same next year at $96. 40 a month. It's the first time that change in Medicare part B hasn't gone up since 2000.

This is NPR.

President Bush is scheduled to sit down next week in Washington with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas with two men expected to review the current state of progress on Middle East peace talks. According to a statement issued by the White House today, the president is looking forward to the talks. The meeting between the two leaders comes after Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's victory who'll replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who faces possible indictment and has announced plans to step down. President Bush has been pushing for a deal on a Palestinian state before he leaves office in January, though few see any signs of a major breakthrough.

The news from Wall Street may be gloomy but there's at least one bright spot in the publishing world today. Oprah Winfrey named her latest book club pick as the story of a boy and his dog. NPR's Lynn Neary has more.

First time novelist David Wroblewski is living the writer's dream. His book "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" soared the best-seller lists after it was released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title. That's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher Harpercollins. The book tells a story of a boy who lives on a farm in Wisconsin where his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boy's mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its themes from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent 10 years working on the novel. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

Los Angeles Grand Jury has unveiled an indictment against eight current and former employees of the Ralphs Grocery Store Chain. It stems from the 2003-2004 grocery workers strike. A spokesman says managers allegedly rehired hundreds of locked-out employees under false names and using false Social Security numbers.

好栏目推荐之美国口语俚语

On 翩然花逝

经常见到您凌晨改稿,也要注意身体,别累坏了哈^_^

by 翩然

For stocks, it was a week of cataclysmic moves, 500 plus point drops one day and stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets closed today just about where things were a week ago and news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief. "I'm not sure that I've seen anything like this, and I don't know how many living souls have really seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business." That's portfolio manager Eugene E. Peroni with Adviser Asset Management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today that included tapping, if need be, a 50-billion-dollar fund, provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds, and putting in place a temporary ban on the short-selling of financial stocks.

Detroit's newly sworn-in mayor is calling for hope unity and healing following nine months of scandal involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

Former Detroit City Council President Ken Cockrel Jr. ascended to the office of Mayor Friday after Kwame Kilpatrick resigned from office. The two-term Mayor stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Ken Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change. "No mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to have to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you that if I didn't know that you were up to the challenge. "Cockrel will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR News, I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit.

This is NPR.

President Bush is scheduled to sit down next week in Washington with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas with two men expected to review the current state of progress on Middle East peace talks. According to a statement issued by the White House today, the president is looking forward to the talks. The meeting between the two leaders comes after Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's victory to replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who faces possible indictment and has announced plans to step down. President Bush has been pushing for a deal on a Palestinian state before he leaves office in January, though few see any signs of a major breakthrough.

First time novelist David Wroblewski is living the writer's dream. His book "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" soared the best-seller lists after it was released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title. That's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher Harpercollins. The book tells a story of a boy who lives on a farm, Wisconsin where his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boy's mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its themes from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent 10 years working on the novel. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

[ 本帖最后由 翩然花逝 于 2008-9-21 14:41 编辑 ]

on Jzh

For stocks, it was a week of cataclysmic moves, 500 plus point drops one day and stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets closed today just about where things were a week ago on news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief.

评分次数

整理(on JZH,大风)

For stocks, it was a week of cataclysmic moves, 500 plus point drops one day and stocks up almost as much the next on the Dow. Markets closed today just about where things were a week ago on news of the pending government bailout plan for ailing financial firms with more than one veteran trader breathing a sigh of relief. "I'm not sure that I've seen anything like this, and I don't know how many living souls have really seen anything quite like this. Now I've not seen anything like this in my 34 years in the business." That's portfolio manager Eugene E. Peroni with Adviser Asset Management. There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today that included tapping, if need be, a 50-billion-dollar fund, provide guarantees for the estimated two trillion dollars in money market funds, and putting in place a temporary ban on the short-selling of financial stocks.

Detroit's newly sworn-in mayor is calling for hope, unity and healing following nine months of scandal involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Detroit Public Radio's Rob St. Mary reports.

This is NPR.

有夢就去實現──天塌下來不過就是被壓成肉餅。
每天半小时 轻松提高英语口语
  • There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today that included tapping
  • Detroit's newly sworn-in mayor is calling for hope
  • A spokesman says managers allegedly rehired hundreds of locked-out employees
这问这三句蓝色部份要怎麼翻译解释,谢谢,有查过字典> <

原帖由 changgre 于 2008-9-24 19:04 发表 There were some concrete actions taken by the Treasury Department today that included tapping Detroit's newly sworn-in mayor is calling for hope A spokesman says managers allegedly rehired hun ...

1. 利用

2. 刚宣誓就职的

3. lockout作名词意思是the withholding of employment by an employer and the whole or partial closing of the business establishment in order to gain concessions from or resist demands of employees,lock out作动词指:to subject (a body of employees) to a lockout,只是中文不知道怎么说……

口译专员推荐—>口译训练软件IPTAM口译通

homework

President Bush today sketched out what could be the biggest financial bailout in U.S. history. NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports.

Former Detroit City Council President Ken Cockrel Jr. ascended to the office of Mayor Friday after Kwame Kilpatrick resigned from office. The two-term Mayor stepped down after pleading to obstruction of justice and assault charges earlier this month. Kilpatrick will be sentenced in October. Cockrel says Detroit is facing a time of unprecedented change. "No mayor has ever assumed the office of Mayor under circumstances quite like this. No mayor has ever had to ask so much of his citizens as what I am going to have to ask of you. But I would not be prepared to ask that of you that if I didn't know that you were up to the challenge. "Cockrel will meet with local groups and individuals over the next two weeks about his improvement plans for the city. For NPR News, I'm Rob St. Mary in Detroit.

Good news for seniors. The monthly premium for most elderly and disabled individuals covered under Medicare will remain the same next year at 96 dollars and 40 cents a month. It's the first time that change in Medicare part B hasn't gone up since 2000.

This is NPR.

First time novelist David Wroblewski is living the writer's dream. His book "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" soared up the best-seller lists after it was released in June. Now Oprah Winfrey has picked it for her next book club title. That's an honor that will translate into a lot of money for Wroblewski and his publisher Harpercollins. The book tells a story of a boy who lives on a farm, Wisconsin where his family trains a special breed of dogs. The boy's mute but able to communicate with the dogs. The novel also borrows some of its themes from Hamlet. The combination of dogs and Shakespeare has proven to be a winner with readers and critics alike. Wroblewski spent 10 years working on the novel. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

[ 本帖最后由 PSPBoy 于 2008-10-11 20:33 编辑 ]
返回列表