只用一本书提高英语听力能力!重温经典名著双语阅读小编推荐:跟着纪录片学英语不背单词和语法,轻松学英语
返回列表 回复 发帖

[美国国家公共广播] 【整理】NPR 2009-06-03

提高英语听力能力 找对方法很重要!
本帖最后由 plato1983 于 2009-6-3 16:23 编辑

On incambrian77

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Jack Speer.

Brazilian officials are confirming that floating debris
spotted earlier today in the water including what they say appears to be an airplane seat and an orange buoy are from missing Air France jetliner. Brazil's defense minister says a search
plane today found a three-mile-long band of wreckage floating in the Atlantic. The plane with 228 people aboard including two Americans went missing Sunday. It's believed the aircraft ran into a wall of thunderstorms. US military was joining in the search for signs of the plane which disappeared off the coast of Brazil on Sunday. According to the US Southern Command, a navy reconnaissance plane is taking off to help Brazilian military pilots in their search.

Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor sped through a series of private meetings today on Capitol Hill with key Democratic and Republican senators. One issue the senators are still debating is how soon to begin formal confirmation hearings. More from NPR's David Welna.

President Obama wants the Senate's consideration of Judge Sotomayor finished by early August. But after meeting with her, Jeff Sessions, the Judiciary Committee's top Republican asked why the rush.

"I am not prepared to say that we can get it done before August, and so I will be meeting with Senator Leahy tomorrow. He's been, er, very open about talking about it, now I look forward to talking with him. But there is quite a record here."  

Sessions pointed to the need to review more than 3,600 court cases Sotomayor's taken part in during 17 years on the federal bench as well as an unknown number of her unpublished opinions. Senate majority leader Harry Reid who also met with the judge said he too thought setting arbitrary deadlines for her confirmation could end up causing problems. David Welna, NPR News, the Capitol.

President Obama leaves tonight on a trip he hopes to use to redefine the US relationship with the Muslim world. NPR's Michele Kelemen has details.

President Obama begins this trip in Saudi Arabia where he is to meet King Abdullah to talk about energy, the Arabic-Israeli conflict and Iran, but the highlight is likely to be the second stop, Egypt, where he will make a much anticipated speech. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said it will be about resetting relations with the Muslim world.

We don't expect that everything will change after one speech. I think it will take a sustained effort, and that's what the president is in for.”

President Obama has been promising the speech ever since the campaign and expectations are high that he'll offer some concrete ways to promote Middle East peace. Analysts say his choice of Cairo also puts pressure on the president to address concerns about human rights and democracy. Michele Kelemen, NPR News, Washington.

A closely watched pending home sales number for the month of April took a big bump-up, giving some reason for optimism: perhaps things in the housing market are turning around.  Index from the National Association of Realtors was up 6.7%, the biggest rise in almost eight years.

On Wall Street today, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 19 points. The NASDAQ was up eight points.

This is NPR.

A man has been identified as a Muslim convert has pleaded guilty in the shooting death of an army private at an Arkansas military recruiting center. Official say Abdul Hakim Muhammad has been ordered held without bail after he entered the plea in connection with the shooting death of Private William Long and the wounding of a second man. The incident took place yesterday at a military recruiting center in Little Rock. Law enforcement officials say an FBI-led terrorism task force had been investigating Muhammad since his return to the US from Yemen. No decision has yet been made on whether to file federal charges in the case.

South Korea media are reporting that North Korea is pushing ahead to test fire  more missiles while its leader reportedly
anointed his youngest son as heir to the country's 24 million people. From Seoul, Doualy Xaykaotha has more.

The Yonhap news agency and two major South Korean newspapers are reporting that North Korea's leader has chosen Kim Jong Un as the country's next leader. Scott Snyder with the Center for US-Korea Policy said the third son is designated.

"But at the same time, there is a structure that has been affirmed in the National Defense Commission that appears to be really playing a leading role and maybe what could be called a kind of collective leadership.”

He was speaking at a forum in Seoul on US and South Korean relations. Reportedly, Pyongyang is already calling the son "Commander Kim" in a new song lauding the 26-year-old. For NPR News, I'm Doualy Xaykaotha in Seoul.

Crude oil futures prices, after a recent strong run-up, settle back down somewhat today. Crude oil futures for July delivery closed down three cents a barrel to end the session at 68.55 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

I'm Jack Speer, NPR News in Washington.
REMEMBER ONE THING:I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
向翩然斑斑看齐!!

Brazil's Defense Minister is saying that the debris found today floating in the waters of the Atlantic is definitely from the missing Air France jet. The minister says Brazilian military planes today discovered a large debris field, which would seem to confirm the plane with 228 people on board crashed into the sea. Reporter Gary Duffy of the BBC is in São Paulo.

The Brazilian authorities were reporting earlier today it's spotted a small metal wreckage that looked like a plane seat, an orange buoy, some drums, and some oil and kerosene in the water. And they weren't able to say with certainty that this was from the plane. But they are now saying, their Defense Minister Nelson Jobim, that there is a line of wreckage of about 5 kilometers long and the minister is essentially saying there is no way that the sea could have gathered such a large amount of material. There must be no doubt that this was a debirs from the missing plane. So his words, I think, will come as a grim confirmation of the worst really for the families waiting for news both in Paris and in Rio De Janeiro. The BBC's Gary Duffy.

President Obama's Supreme Court nominee faced questions about her views on abortion and other issues as she met today with key senators on Capitol Hill. The Senate's top Democrat praised Sonia Sotomayor as a well-qualified nominee, Senator Harry Reid calling her life story compelling and saying he thinks she is well qualified for the job.

"It's the first time that I had the option to sit down and talk to her. And I came away absolutely convinced that she made clear in the meeting that she is a person who is going to be a fantasitc, superb Supreme Court justice. "

Senate Judiciary Chair Patrick Leahy asked Sotomayor about controversial comments she is set to have made about her experiences as, say, "a wise Latina". Leahy says Sotomayor responded by saying people's life experiences may shape who they are, but as a judge, you follow the law. Leahy said he wants confirmation hearings to begin next month.

The National Association of Realtors has issued an upbeat report, showing pending home sales up for a third month in a row. NPR' s Cheryl Corle has more.

The report on pending home sales is a precursor, it's an index of how many contracts have been signed by homes but aren't yet done deals. A number of factors can affect whether the sale is finalized. But in April, the index rose nearly 7% from the March reading to 90.3, pushed in part by low interest rates and an eight thousand dollar tax credit for first-time home buyers.  Pending sales were greatest in the northeast, followed by the midwest, and then the west. The south showed a slight decline. The chief economist for the National Association of Realtors says while the total number of existing home sales is expected to improve, there wll be sharp local variations. Even so the increase in the pending sales index for April is the highest monthly gain in seven years.  Cheryl Corle, NPR News.

On Wall Street today, the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed up 19 points today; the S&P 500 was up a point.

This is NPR in Washington.

Ford, the only one of the big three domestic automakers not currently in bankruptcy, says its sales for May were down 24% compared to a year ago.  But there was also a spot of good news in the report since the automaker says compared to April, sales went up 20%. Ford cited stronger sales of its Fusion models, including a hybrid version of the mid-size sedan. General Motors also witnessed most sharply lowered May sales figure. GM says sales were down 30% compared to a year ago, Toyota and Honda both saw 40% and 41% sales declines, Chrysler which is also in bankruptcy reported a 47% sales drop in May.

NCR Corporation says it is moving its corporate headquarters from Ohio to Georgia. Maryanne Zeleznik of member station WVXU Cincinnati reports

The Fortune 500 company says some of its roughly 1250 day-time workers will be offered  transfers when they move to Duluth, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. NCR says it will also establish a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Columbus, Georgia. The company makes ATMs, retail check-out scanners and airline check-in kiosks. Company spokesman Richard Maton says the move will begin in July and be completed by the end of 2010. He says the company headquarters in Dayton will be put up for sale. Maton says NCR will continue to maintain in operation in Dayton; that will include its data center and support for local customers. He does not know how many employees that will involve. For NPR News, I am Maryanne Zeleznik in Cincinnati.

Senate lawmakers have agreed to take up legislation that will give the government some control over the tobacco industry. Under the proposal, the FDA could restrict tobacco marketing and also order changes to ingredients in tobacco products.

立即获取| 免费注册领取外教体验课一节
本帖最后由 jxzhope 于 2009-6-3 18:35 编辑

homework

Brazilian officials are confirming that floating debris spotted earlier today in the water including what they say appears to be an airplane seat and an orange buoy are from missing Air France jetliner. Brazil's defense minister says a search plane today found a three-mile-long band of wreckage floating in the Atlantic. The plane with 228 people aboard including two Americans went missing Sunday. It's believed the aircraft ran into a wall of thunderstorms 遭遇雷暴. US military was joining in the search for signs of the plane which disappeared off the coast of Brazil on Sunday. According to the US Southern Command, a navy reconnaissance plane is taking off to help Brazilian military pilots in their search.

Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor sped through a series of private meetings today on Capitol Hill with key Democratic and Republican senators. One issue the senators are still debating is how soon to begin formal confirmation hearings. More from NPR's David Welna.

President Obama wants the Senate's consideration of Judge Sotomayor finished by early August. But after meeting with her. Jeff Sessions, the Judiciary Committee's top Republican asked why the rush. "I'm not prepared to say that we can get it done before August, and so I will be meeting with Senator Leahy tomorrow. He's been, er, very open about, talking about it. Now I look forward to talking with him. But there is quite a record here."
Sessions pointed to the need to review more than 3,600 court cases Sotomayor's taken part in during 17 years on the federal bench as well as an unknown number of her unpublished opinions. Senate majority leader Harry Reid who also met with the judge said he too thought setting arbitrary deadlines
任意规定的期限 for her confirmation could end up causing problems. David Welna, NPR News, the Capitol.

President Obama leaves tonight on a trip he hopes to use to redefine the US relationship with the Muslim world. NPR's Michele Kelemen has details.

President Obama begins this trip in Saudi Arabia where he is to meet King Abdullah to talk about energy, the Arabic-Israeli conflict and Iran, but the highlight is likely to be the second stop, Egypt, where he will make a much anticipated speech. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said it will be about resetting relations with the Muslim world. "We don't expect that everything will change after one speech. I think it will take a sustained effort, and that's what the president is in for." President Obama has been promising the speech ever since the campaign and expectations are high that he'll offer some concrete ways to promote Middle East peace. Analysts say his choice of Cairo also puts pressure on the president to address concerns about human rights and democracy. Michele Kelemen, NPR News, Washington.

A closely watched pending home sales 成屋待完成销售 number for the month of April took a big bump-up, giving some reason for optimism: perhaps things in the housing market are turning around.

Index from the National Association of Realtors was up 6.7%, the biggest rise in almost eight years.

On Wall Street today, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 19 points. The NASDAQ was up eight points.

This is NPR.

A man has been identified as a Muslim convert has pleaded guilty in the shooting death of an army private at an Arkansas military recruiting center. Official say Abdul Hakim Muhammad has been ordered held without bail after he entered the plea(认罪) in connection with the shooting death of Private William Long and the wounding of a second man. The incident took place yesterday at a military recruiting center in Little Rock. Law enforcement officials say an FBI-led terrorism task force had been investigating Muhammad since his return to the US from Yemen. No decision has yet been made on whether to file federal charges in the case是否对此案提起联邦诉讼.

South Korea media are reporting that North Korea is pushing ahead to test fire more missiles while its leader reportedly anointed his youngest son as heir to the country's 24 million people. From Seoul, Doualy Xaykaotha has more.

The Yonhap news agency韩国联合通讯社 and two major South Korean newspapers are reporting that North Korea's leader has chosen Kim Jong Un as the country's next leader. Scott Snyder with the Center for US-Korea Policy said the third son is designated. "But at the same time, there is a structure that has been affirmed in the national defense commission that appears to be really playing a leading role and maybe what could be called a kind of collective leadership.” He was speaking at a forum in Seoul on US and South Korean relations. Reportedly, Pyongyang is already calling the son "Commander Kim" in a new song lauding the 26-year-old. For NPR News, I'm Doualy Xaykaotha in Seoul.

Crude oil futures prices, after a recent strong run-up, settle back down somewhat today. Crude oil futures for July delivery closed down three cents a barrel to end the session at $68.55 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

reconnaissance n.An inspection or exploration of an area, especially one made to gather military information.侦察, 搜索, 勘测

arbitrary adj.Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle:任意的

heir n.A person who succeeds or is in line to succeed to a hereditary rank, title, or office.继承者,后继者,承袭者:承袭或依次即将承袭一个可世袭的官阶、头衔或职位的人

anoint vt.To put oil on during a religious ceremony as a sign of sanctification or consecration.【宗】涂油使神圣化,To choose by or as if by divine intervention.照天意选定

laud vt.To give praise to; glorify.See Synonyms at praise 赞美

欢迎参加翻译
   和模仿练习!
实现无障碍英语沟通
本帖最后由 plato1983 于 2009-6-3 19:22 编辑

jxzhope ,你是不是贴错了,你发的完全跟MP3对不上啊

你听的是另一个音频,今天两个音频内容不一样,请留意,呵呵-plato
Veni, Vidi, Vici
口译专员推荐—>口译训练软件IPTAM口译通
本帖最后由 brucelew007 于 2009-6-3 19:02 编辑

on Wendy

Brazil's Defense Minister is saying that the debris found today floating in the waters of the Atlantic is definitely from the missing Air France jet. The minister says Brazilian military planes today discovered a large debris field, which would seem to confirm the plane with 228 people on board crashed into the sea. Reporter Gary Duffy of the BBC is in
São Paulo.

The Brazilian authorities were reporting earlier today it's spotted a small metal wreckage that looked like a plane seat, an orange buoy, some drums, and some oil and kerosene in the water. And they weren't able to say with certainty that this was from the plane. But they are now saying, their Defense Minister Nelson Jobim, that there is a line of wreckage of about 5 kilometers long and the minister is essentially saying there is no way that the sea could have gathered such a large amount of material. There must be no doubt that this was a debirs from the missing plane. So his words, I think, will come as a grim confirmation of the worst really for the families waiting for news both in Paris and in Rio De Janeiro. The BBC's Gary Duffy.

President Obama's Supreme Court nominee faced questions about her views on abortion and other issues as she met today with key senators on Capitol Hill. The Senate's top Democrat praised Sonia Sotomayor as a well-qualified nominee, Senator Harry Reid calling her life story compelling and saying he thinks she is well qualified for the job.

"It's the first time that I had the option to sit down and talk to her. And I came away absolutely convinced that she made clear in the meeting that she is a person who is going to be a fantasitc, superb Supreme Court justice. "

Senate Judiciary Chair Patrick Leahy asked Sotomayor about controversial comments she is
saidto have made about her experiences as, say, "a wise Latina". Leahy says Sotomayor responded by saying people's life experiences may shape who they are, but as a judge, you follow the law. Leahy said he wants confirmation hearings to begin next month.

The National Association of Realtors has issued an upbeat report, showing pending home sales up for a third month in a row. NPR' s Cheryl Corle has more.

The report on pending home sales is a precursor, it's an index of how many contracts have been signed by homes but aren't yet done deals. A number of factors can affect whether the sale is finalized. But in April, the index rose nearly 7% from the March reading to 90.3, pushed in part by low interest rates and an eight thousand dollar tax credit for first-time home buyers.  Pending sales were greatest in the northeast, followed by the midwest, and then the west. The south showed a slight decline. The chief economist for the National Association of Realtors says while the total number of existing home sales is expected to improve, there wll be sharp local variations. Even so the increase in the pending sales index for April is the highest monthly gain in seven years.  Cheryl Corle, NPR News.

On Wall Street
/, the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed up 19 points today; the S&P 500 was up a point.

This is NPR in Washington.

Ford, the only one of the big three domestic automakers not currently in bankruptcy, says its sales for May were down 24% compared to a year ago.  But there was also a spot of good news in the report since the automaker says compared to April, sales went up 20%. Ford cited stronger sales of its Fusion models, including a hybrid version of the mid-size sedan. General Motors also witnessed most sharply lowered May sales figure. GM says sales were down 30% compared to a year ago, Toyota and Honda both saw 40% and 41% sales declines, Chrysler which is also in bankruptcy reported a 47% sales drop in May.

NCR Corporation says it is moving its corporate headquarters from Ohio to Georgia. Maryanne Zeleznik of member station WVXU Cincinnati reports

The Fortune 500 company says some of its roughly 1250 day-time workers will be offered  transfers when they move to Duluth, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. NCR says it will also establish a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Columbus, Georgia. The company makes ATMs, retail check-out scanners and airline check-in kiosks. Company spokesman Richard Maton says the move will begin in July and be completed by the end of 2010. He says the company headquarters in Dayton will be put up for sale. Maton says NCR will continue to maintain in operation in Dayton; that will include its data center and support for local customers. He does not know how many employees that will involve. For NPR News, I am Maryanne Zeleznik in Cincinnati.

Senate lawmakers have agreed to take up legislation that will give the government some control over the tobacco industry. Under the proposal, the FDA could restrict tobacco marketing and also order changes to ingredients in tobacco products.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
on jxzhope

Brazilian officials are confirming that floating debris spotted earlier today in the water including what they say appears to be an airplane seat and an orange buoy are from missing Air France jetliner. Brazil's defense minister says a search plane today found a three-mile-long band of wreckage floating in the Atlantic. The plane with 228 people aboard including two Americans went missing Sunday. It's believed the aircraft ran into a wall of thunderstorms 遭遇雷暴. US military was joining in the search for signs of the plane which disappeared off the coast of Brazil on Sunday. According to the US Southern Command, a navy reconnaissance plane is taking off to help Brazilian military pilots in their search.

President Obama wants the Senate's consideration of Judge Sotomayor finished by early August. But after meeting with her. Jeff Sessions, the Judiciary Committee's top Republican asked why the rush. "I'm not prepared to say that we can get it done before August, and so I will be meeting with Senator Leahy tomorrow. He's been, er, very open about, talking about it. Now I look forward to talking with him. But there is quite a record here."
Sessions pointed to the need to review more than 3,600 court cases Sotomayor's taken part in during 17 years on the federal bench as well as an unknown number of her unpublished opinions. Senate majority leader Harry Reid who also met with the judge said he too thought setting arbitrary deadlines
任意规定的期限 for her confirmation could end up causing problems. David Welna, NPR News, the Capitol.

President Obama begins this trip in Saudi Arabia where he is to meet King Abdullah to talk about energy, the Arabic-Israeli conflict and Iran, but the highlight is likely to be the second stop, Egypt, where he will make a much anticipated speech. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said it will be about resetting relations with the Muslim world. "We don't expect that everything will change after one speech. I think it will take a sustained effort, and that's what the president is in for." President Obama has been promising the speech ever since the campaign and expectations are high that he'll offer some concrete ways to promote Middle East peace. Analysts say his choice of Cairo also puts pressure on the president to address concerns about human rights and democracy. Michele Kelemen, NPR News, Washington.

A closely watched pending home sales 成屋待完成销售 number for the month of April took a big bump-up, giving some reason for optimism: perhaps things in the housing market are turning around.

Index from the National Association of Realtors was up 6.7%, the biggest rise in almost eight years.

This is NPR.

A man has been identified as a Muslim convert has pleaded guilty in the shooting death of an army private at an Arkansas military recruiting center. Official say Abdul Hakim Muhammad has been ordered held without bail after he entered the plea(认罪) in connection with the shooting death of Private William Long and the wounding of a second man. The incident took place yesterday at a military recruiting center in Little Rock. Law enforcement officials say an FBI-led terrorism task force had been investigating Muhammad since his return to the US from Yemen. No decision has yet been made on whether to file federal charges in the case是否对此案提起联邦诉讼.

South Korean media are reporting that North Korea is pushing ahead to test-fire more missiles while its leader reportedly anointed his youngest son as heir to the country's 24 million people. From Seoul, Doualy Xaykaotha has more.

The Yonhap news agency韩国联合通讯社 and two major South Korean newspapers are reporting that North Korea's leader has chosen Kim Jong Un as the country's next leader. Scott Snyder with the Center for US-Korea Policy said the third son is designated. "But at the same time, there is a structure that has been affirmed in the national defense commission that appears to be really playing a leading role and maybe what could be called a kind of collective leadership.” He was speaking at a forum in Seoul on US and South Korean relations. Reportedly, Pyongyang is already calling the son "Commander Kim" in a new song lauding the 26-year-old. For NPR News, I'm Doualy Xaykaotha in Seoul.

Crude oil futures prices, after a recent strong run-up, settle back down somewhat today. Crude oil futures for July delivery closed down three cents a barrel to end the session at $68.55 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
本帖最后由 dorothydeng 于 2009-6-3 21:29 编辑

homework

From NPR news in Washington, I’m Jack Spear.

Brazilian officials are confirming the floating debris found earlier today in the water including what they say appears to be an airplane seat and an orange buoy are from the Air France jetliner. Brazil’s Defense minister says a search plane today found a three-mile long bend of wreckage floating in the Atlantic. The plane was 228 people on board including two Americans went missing Sunday. It’s believed the aircraft were running in a wall of thunder storms. US military was joining in the search for signs of the plane which disappeared off the coast of Brazil on Sunday.

According to US Southern Command, a naval reconnaissance plane has taken off to help Brazilian military pilots in their search.

Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor is expected to a series of private meetings today in Capitol Hill with key Democratic and Republican senators, one issue that the senators are still debating is how soon to begin formal confirmation hearings. More from NPR’s David ***.

President Obama wants to Senate’s consideration of judge Sonia Sotomayor finish by August, but after meeting with her, Jeff Sessions, the Judiciary Committee’s top Republican asked, why the rush?

“I’m not prepared to decide that we can get it down before August, and so, I will be meeting senator *** tomorrow, he has been very open about talking about it, now look forward talking with him, but there is quite a record here.”

Sessions pointed to the needs to review more than 3,600 court cases Sotomayor’s taken part in during 17 years on the Federal bench, as well as unknown number of her unpublished opinions. Senate majority leader *** who also met with the judge said he too though arbitrary deadlines of her confirmation could end up causing problems. David ***, NPR news, the Capitol.

President Obama leave tonight on the trip he hopes to use to redefine the US relationship with the Muslin world, NPR’s Michelle Kelemen has details.

President Obama begins that trip in Saudi Arabia where he is to meet with King of *** to talk about energy, the Arabic-Israeli conflict in Iran, but the highlight is likely to be the second stop—Egypt, where he will make a much anticipated speech. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said that would be about resetting relations with the Muslin world.

“We don’t expect that everything would change after one speech, I think, it would take a sustained effort and that’s what’ the President thinks for.”

President Obama has been promising the speech ever since the campaign, and the expectations are high that he will offer some concrete ways to promote Middle East peace. Analysts say his choice of Cairo also put pressure on the President, to address concerns about human rights and democracy. Michelle Kelemen, NPR news, Washington.

A closely watched pending home sales number for the month of April took big bump-up giving some reason for optimism perhaps things on the housing market are turning around. Index from the National Association of Realtors was up to 6.7%, the biggest rise among almost eight years.

On Wall Street, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 19 points, the NASDAQ was up 8 points.

This is NPR.

A man has been identified as a Muslim convert has pledged guilty in the shooting death of army private at an Arkansas military recruiting center. Officials say *** Muhammad has been ordered held without bail, after he entered the plea connection of shooting private William Long and wounding of a second man. The incident took place yesterday at the military recruiting center in Little Rock. Army force official say FBI led terrorist task force had been investigating Muhammad since he returned to the US from Yemen. No decision has yet been made whether to file federal charges in the case.

South Korean media are reporting that North Korea is pushing ahead a test to fire more missiles. One of its leader reportedly, known as the younger son is heir to the country’s 24 million people. From Seoul, *** has more.

The Yonhap News Agency and two major South Korean news papers are reporting that North Korea’s leader has chosen Kim Jong Un as the country’s next leader. Scott Snyder with the center for US-Korea policy said the third son is designated.

“At the same time, there is the structure that has been affirmed in the national defense commission, that appears to be really playing a leading role and maybe can be called a kind of collective leadership.”

He was speaking at a forum in Seoul, on US-South Korean relations. Reportedly, Pyongyan has already called the son commander Kim in the new song lording 26-year-old. For NPR news, I’m *** in Seoul.

Crude oil futures prices after a recent strong run-up settle back down somewhat today. Crude oil futures for July delicately close down 3 cents a barrel to end a session at 68.55 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

I’m Jack Spear, NPR news in Washington.
实现无障碍英语沟通
我觉得既然bump up这是个动词词组的话,如果在这里当名词使用就应该有连字符呢~
Life is a fight, soldier on!
普特听力大课堂
sparklark 发表于 2009-6-3 22:18
支持...哈,今天NPR人气很旺呀
whatever happens, happens for a reason
好栏目推荐之美国口语俚语
sparklark 发表于 2009-6-3 22:18
啊~作名词~恩,有道理~~:)
You never know until you try, and you never try until
you really try!
fighting~ :)
本帖最后由 menggui 于 2009-6-4 07:40 编辑

24# Alert!
支持...哈,今天NPR人气很旺呀
Alert! 发表于 2009-6-3 22:51
版主须知:此处不得灌水。

on 整理

A man who has been identified as a Muslim convert has pleaded guilty in the shooting death of an army private at an Arkansas military recruiting center. 这里还是应该有个who吧,不然,句法就不对勒>.<

评分次数

自信源于内心的强大

I can't imagine it any other way. A world without you is only wasted space.
返回列表