Board logo

标题: [American Story] 【整理】SENEWS-2008-0223-FEATURE On The Road (1) [打印本页]

作者: qingchengshan    时间: 2008-2-23 09:56     标题: 【整理】SENEWS-2008-0223-FEATURE On The Road (1)

American Story : On The Road <1>

Written by Charles Kuralt

【电信1】 RealVideo / mp3

【电信2】 RealVideo / mp3

【网通/教育网】 RealVideo / mp3

【完整音频下载】 RealVideo / mp3

进入上一期
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
欢迎欣赏以前的经典故事

这里有Special English 版块的节目介绍和斑竹资料,欢迎您来到Special English听写版块

欢迎来美国故事Coffee Bar坐坐

版主提示:
一、若是自己的听写稿, 请发帖时标注'Homework'.
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
三、为了达到最快的下载速度,推荐使用迅雷高速下载本站音频/视频材料.

【整理】--春山如笑

Now the VOA Special English program American Stories.

Our story today is called 'On the Road'. It was written by an American reporter Charles Kuralt. It is from his book called 'A Life On the Road'. For many years, Charles Kuralt traveled across the United States, telling interesting stories about Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS televison network. Later, some were published in books. Here is Shep O'Neal with today's story 'On the Road'.

I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroads throughout the American countryside. So the cameraman, soundman and I started out with great hope from New York City.

For a few rainy days, we drove through the small towns of New England, the northeast corner of the United States. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous, wondering if an idea would ever come.

Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and the bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees, yellow and red and gold rained down all around us. In every town, children were playing in the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was.

As a news reporter, I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a newsman, I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me.

In Westerville, Ohio, I met Professor John Franklin Smith. He taught speech and drama at Otterbein College until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium.

'During my years as a professor,' he said, 'I would walk through the gym and see the men cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was hard work for me at first, but I get used to it. It is necessary to work.'

[ 本帖最后由 春山如笑 于 2008-2-26 10:14 编辑 ]
作者: nomatterwhat    时间: 2008-2-23 10:27

HW:

Our story today is called on the road. It was written by an American writer Charles Corot.It is from his book called a life on the road. For many years Charles travelled across the US telling interesting stories about Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS Televison Network. Later some were published in books. Here is * with today's story on the road.

I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroad throughout the American countryside. So the camera man, sound man and I started out with great hope from NY city. For a few rainy days we drove through the small towns in New England, the northeast corner of the US. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous wondering if an idea would ever come. Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and bright autumn leaves shook and fell of the trees. Yellow and red and gold rains down all around us. In every town children would be playing at the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was. As a news reporter I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a news man, I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me.

In West Hill Ohio, I met professor John Frankline Smith. He taught speech and drama at * college until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium. During my years as a professor, he said, I would walk through the gym and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was hard work for me at first but I got used to it. It is necessary to work.

[ 本帖最后由 nomatterwhat 于 2008-2-23 10:33 编辑 ]
作者: stflmg    时间: 2008-2-23 10:56

on above now the voa.. american stories. Our story today is called 'on the road. It was written by an American reporter Charles Corot.It is from his book called a life on the road. For many years CC travelled across the US telling interesting stories about Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS Televison Network. Later some were published in books. Here is SO with today's story on the road. I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroad throughout the American countryside. So the camera man, sound man and I started out with great hope from NY city. For a few rainy days we drove through the small towns of New England, the northeast corner of the US. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous wondering if an idea would ever come. Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and bright autumn leaves shook and fell of the trees. Yellow and red and gold rains down all around us. In every town children would be playing at the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was. As a news reporter I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a news man, I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me. In West Hill Ohio, I met professor John Frankline Smith. He taught speech and drama at HB college until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium. During my years as a professor, he said, I would walk through the gym and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was a hard work for me at first but I get used to it. It was necessary to work.
作者: koukai    时间: 2008-2-23 11:08

on stflmg

Our story today is called 'on the road. It was written by an American reporter Charles Corot.It is from his book called a life on the road. For many years CC travelled across the US telling interesting stories about the Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS Televison Network. Later some were published in books. Here is SO with today's story on the road. I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroad throughout the American countryside. So the camera man, sound man and I started out with great hope from NY city. For a few rainy days we drove through the small towns of New England, the northeast corner of the US. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous wondering if an idea would ever come. Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and bright autumn leaves shook and fell of the trees. Yellow and red and gold rains down all around us. In every town children would \ playing at the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was. As a news reporter I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a news man, I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me. In West Hill Ohio, I met professor John Frankline Smith. He taught speech and drama at HB college until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium. During my years as a professor, he said, I would walk through the gym and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was a hard work for me at first but I get used to it. It was necessary to work.

[ 本帖最后由 春山如笑 于 2008-2-23 22:40 编辑 ]
作者: cztbbbb    时间: 2008-2-24 10:59     标题: HomeWork

Our story today is called On the Road.It was written by American reporter Charles Corot.It's from his book called a life on the road.For many years CC travalled across the United States telling interesting stories about Americans.His stories were broadcast on the CBS Television Nerwork,later some were published in books.Here is shapo new with today's story on the road.

I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroad throughout the American countryside.So the camera man,sound man and I started out with great hope from New York city.For a few rainy days we drove through the small town New England,the northeast corner of the US.We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads,I begain to get nervous,wondering if an idea would ever come.Then the sun came out,and the wind started to blow and bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees.Yellow and red and gold rains down all around us.In every town children would playing in hills of leaves.We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was.As a news reporter I was used to going fast and working hard,these kinds of stories,however,seems to work best when I went slow and took it easy.When I finally shook off the sense of the speed of a news man,I did not have to worry about finding stories ang longer,they found me!

In west hill Ohio,I met professor JFS.He taught speech and drama at / college until he was 70 years old.Then the school / said he had to retire.He could not imagine leaving the students behind,so when he was forced to retire he just kept working at the college.He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium.During my years of professor,he said,I would walk through the gym and see the man cleaning the floor.I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was.It was hardwork for me at first,but I got used to it.It's necessary to work!

作者: Silas.teng    时间: 2008-2-24 11:32     标题: HOMEWORK

had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroad throughout the American countryside. So the camera man, sound man and I started out with great hope from NEWYORK city. For a few rainy days we drove through the small towns in New England, the northeast corner of the US. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous wondering if an idea would ever come. Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and bright autumn leaves shook and fell of the trees. Yellow and red and gold rains down all around us. In every town children would be playing at the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was. As a news reporter I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a news man, I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me. In West Hill Ohio, I met professor John Franklin Smith. He taught speech and drama at AUBTON college until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium. During my years as a professor, he said, I would walk through the gym and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was hard work for me at first but I got used to it. It is necessary to work.:D
作者: 春山如笑    时间: 2008-2-24 11:52

on koukai

Our story today is called 'On the Road'. It was written by an American reporter Charles Kuralt. It is from his book called 'A Life On the Road'. For many years, Charles Kuralt traveled across the United States, telling interesting stories about / Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS televison network. Later, some were published in books. Here is Shep O'Neal with today's story 'On the Road'.

I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroads throughout the American countryside. So the cameraman, soundmen and I started out with great hope from New York City.

For a few rainy days, we drove through the small towns of New England, the northeast corner of the United States. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous, wondering if an idea would ever come.

Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and the bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees, yellow and red and gold rained down all around us. In every town, children were playing in the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was.

As a news reporter, I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a newsman, I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me.

In Westerville, Ohio, I met Professor John Franklin Smith. He taught speech and drama at Otterbein College until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium.

'During my years as a professor,' he said, 'I would walk through the gym and see the men cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was / hard work for me at first, but I get used to it. It is necessary to work.'

[ 本帖最后由 春山如笑 于 2008-2-24 11:55 编辑 ]
作者: ambertsui    时间: 2008-2-24 11:56

Homework

Now the VOA Special English program American Stories. Our story today is called “On the Road”. It was written by American reporter Charles Kuralt. It was from his book called “A Life On the Road”. For many years Charles Kuralt traveled across the United States telling interesting stories about the Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS television network. Later some were published in books. Here is Shaple Neal with today’s story “On the Road”.

I have the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at the cross roads throughout the American countryside. So the cameramen, soundmen and I started out with great hope from New York City. For a few rainy days. We drove through the small towns of New England, the northeast corner of the United States. We drove aimlessly without an idea in our heads. I began to get nervous, wondering if an idea would ever come. Then the sun came out, and the wind started to blow and the bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees. Yellow and red and gold rained down all around us. In every town children were playing and heals our leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty Iowa was.

As a news reporter I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a news man I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me.

In West Hill Ohio, I met professor John Franklin Smith. He taught speech and drama at / College until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working in the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the /. “During my years as professor”, he said, “I would walk through the / and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was hard work for me at first but I got used to it. It is necessary to work.”

作者: luoyingjun    时间: 2008-2-24 13:19

Home work

Now the VOA special English program, American Stories.

Our story today is called “on the road”. It was written by American reporter Charles Kuralt. It is from his book called “a life on the road ”. For many years, Charles Kuralt traveled across the United States telling interesting stories about the Americans. His stories were broadcasted on the CBS television network later some were published in books. Here is Shep O’ Neal with today’s story “on the road ”

I have the somewhat unrealistic ideas that I would find interesting stories at every cross-road throughout the American countryside, so the camera man, sound man and I started out with great hope from New York city. For a few raining days, we drove through the small towns of new England, the north east corner of the United States. We drove endlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous wondering if the idea would never come, then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and the bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees. Yellow and red and gold rang down all around us. In every town children were playing and hilled up leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was. As a new reporter I was used to going fast and working hard. These current of stories however seems to work best when I work slow and took it easy when I finally took off the sense of speed of a newsman. I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer, they found me.

In westview, Ohio, I met professor John Franklin Smith. He taught speech and German at / college until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire, he could not imagine leaving the children behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for15 years as a cleaning man in /Museum. During my years as a professor he said, I will work through the museum and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a / was and what a pocket was. It was hard work for me at first but I get used to it. It’s necessary to work.

[ 本帖最后由 luoyingjun 于 2008-2-24 13:23 编辑 ]
作者: lily tiger    时间: 2008-2-25 11:24

Our story today is called 'On the Road'. It was written by an American reporter Charles Kuralt. It is from his book called 'A Life on the Road'. For many years, Charles Kuralt traveled across the ffice:smarttags" />United States, telling interesting stories about Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS television network. Later, some were published in books. Here is Shep O'Neal with today's story 'On the Road'.

I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroads throughout the American countryside. So the camera man, sound man and I started out with great hope from New York City.

Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and a bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees, yellow and red and gold rained down all around us. In every town, children were playing in the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was.

In Westerville (韦斯特维尔:美国俄亥俄州中部的一城市) , Ohio, I met Professor John Franklin Smith. He taught speech and drama at " border="0" src="./images/smilies/default/tongue.gif" />laceName>Otterbein" border="0" src="./images/smilies/default/tongue.gif" />laceName> " border="0" src="./images/smilies/default/tongue.gif" />laceType>College" border="0" src="./images/smilies/default/tongue.gif" />laceType> until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium.

'During my years as a professor,' he said, 'I would walk through the gym and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was hard work for me at first, but I get used to it. It is necessary to work.'

作者: mzhang6    时间: 2008-2-25 15:04     标题: Homework

Now the VOA Special English Program American Stories. Our story today is called “On The Road”, it was written by American reporter Charles Kuralt. It is from his book called “a life on the road”. For many years, Charles Kuralt travelled cross the United States telling interesting stories about Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS television network. Later, some were republished in books. Here is Shep O’Neal with today’s story “On The Road”. I had somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every corss road through out American countryside. So the cameraman, soundman and I started out with great hope from New York city. For a few really days, we drove through the samll towns of New England. The Northeast corner of United State, we drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get neverse, wondering if an idea would ever come. Then the sun came out and the wind start to blow and bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees, yellow and red and gold rained down all around us. In every town children were playing in hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did a first story about how pretty it all was. As a new reporter I was used to going fist and working hard. This kind story, however, seem to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of newsman, I didn’t have worried about finding stories any longer. They found me. In Westville, Ohio, I met a professor Jorn Frankland Smith. He talked a speech and drama at Otterbain College and tell his 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not image review the students behind, so when he was forced retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continue to work for 15 years as a clearning man in the gymlasium. “During my years of professor,” he said, “I would work through the gym and say the man clean the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was hard work for me at first, but I got used to it, it was necessary to work.”
作者: 娇奴    时间: 2008-2-29 16:14

homework

Our story today is called 'On the Road'. It was written by an American reporter Charles Kuralt. It is from his book called 'A Life On the Road'. For many years, Charles Kuralt traveled across the United States, telling interesting stories about Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS televison network. Later, some were published in books. Here is Shep O'Neal with today's story 'On the Road'.

I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroads throughout the American countryside. So the cameraman, soundman and I started out with great hope from New York City.

In Westerville, Ohio, I met Professor John Franklin Smith. He taught speech and *at Otterbein College until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the *.

'During my years as a professor,' he said, 'I would walk through the gym and see the men cleaning the floor. I knew what a * was and what a bucket was. It was hard work for me at first, but I get used to it. It is necessary to work.'

作者: xzgxzgxzg    时间: 2008-2-29 16:22

Our story today is called on the road. It is from his book called ‘a life on the road’. For many years, he traveled across the United States, telling the interesting stories about Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS television network. Later, some were published in books. Here is him with today’s story ‘On the Road’. I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroads throughout the American countryside. So the cameraman, soundman and I started out with great hope from New York City. For a few rainy days, we drove through the small towns of New England, the northeast corner of the United States. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous, wondering if an idea would ever come. Then, the sun came out and the wind started to blow and bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees. Yellow and red and gold rained down all around us. In every town, children were playing in the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was. As a new reporter, I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a newsman, I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me. In Westerville, Ohio, I met professor John Franklin Smith. He taught speech and drama at college until he was seventy years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for fifteen years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium. ‘During my years of the professor,’ he said, ‘I would walk through the gym and see the men cleaning the floor. I know what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was a hard work for me at first, but I get used to it. It is necessary to work.’
作者: pierce willton    时间: 2008-2-29 18:20

Homework

Our story today is called "On the Road". It was written by American reporter Charles Kuralt. It is from his book called "A Life On the Road". For many years, Charles Kuralt travled across the United Stated, telling interesting stories about Americans. His stories were broadcasted on the CBS television network. Later, some were published in books. Here is Shep O'Neal with today's story "On the Road".

I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroads throughout American countryside. So the camera man, sound man and I started out with great hope from New York city.

For a few rainy days, we drove through the small towns of New England, the north-east corner of the United States. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get neverous, wondering if an idea would ever come.

Then, the sound came out and the wind started to blow and the bright autum leaves shook and fell off the trees. Yellow and red and gold rained down all around us. In every town, children were playing in the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was.

As the reporter, I was used to going fast and working hard. Thess kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best what I went slow and took it easy. When I finial shook off the sense of speed of a newsman. I did not have to worry about finding  stories any longer. They found me.

In Westerville, Ohio, I met the professor John Franklin Smith. He tought speech and drama at Otterbein College until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So, when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium.

"During my years as a professor," he said, "I would walk through the gym and see the men cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was hard work for me first, but I get used to it. It is necessary to work."

作者: qiujiannan    时间: 2008-3-1 23:47

hm Now the VOA special English program: American stories. Our story today is called "on the road" it was written by an American reporter Chairs K. It is from his book called "a life on the road". For many years Chairs K traveled across the United States telling interestint stories about Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS TV network. Later some were published in books. Here is s* with todays story "on the road". I had the some what unrealistic idea, that I would find interesting stories at every crossroads throughout the American countryside. So the cameraman, soundman and I started out with great hope from New York city. For a few raining days we drove through the small towns of New England, the northeast corner of the United States. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began get nervous wondering if an idea would never come. Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and a bright a* shook and fellow up the trees. Yellow and red and gold rained down all around us. In every town childern were playing in hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was. As a news reporter I was used to going fast and working hard. This kind of stories however seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a newsman I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me. In west view Ohio I met professor John Frankie Smith. He taught speech and drama at O. college until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaningman in the Gymnasium. "During my years as a professor" he said "I would work though the Gym and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a b* was. It was hard work for me at first but I get to used to it, it is necessary to work."
作者: ssw_07    时间: 2008-3-2 00:46     标题: home work

our story today is called on the road is ws written by amerian reporter Charis Koloe .it is from his book called a life on the raod for many years .Charis Koloe travelled accrosed the unite state talking interesting story about Americans . his stories were broadcast onthe CBS telivision network . Lately home of it publiced in books here is spuperkey today stroy on the road . i have some of what illreality idea i find interesting in every cross road thoughout American conturies size .so the camera mam Sunbe and i start out with great hope from new york city for a few days we draw though the small town of new york england the norther corner of all U.S which drew interesting without one idea on our . Leo and i began to get a interesting wondering if nwe eda would ever come . then the sun came out and wind star to blow and blowing the oven leaves shock and fallen of the trees , yellow and read and golden ran down all round us in every town children were playing and heels the leaves .we get the camera out shot about how pretty is all was as a new. as a reporter i used to going fast and working hard this kind of stroy however seems to work best when i went slow and to get is seaiser when i finally shot the new as a news man i woud not to worry about finding storise they find me in the wist ohiyo , i met professor Joen smith , he tough speech and drama at outby colleage untill he was 70 years old then the school law says he had to retied . he could not imagine leaving the students behind so when he was fored to retired he had to kept working at shool he kept working at shool 15years as a cleanig man in the jimrelly .during my years as a professor i was working through the gym and waching the man cleanig the floor i knew what my motto was and bend bustet was it was hard work for me at first . but i get used to it ,it nesscriary .
作者: vevin    时间: 2008-4-8 19:27

homework

now the voa special english program "american stories".
Our story today is called "on the road",it was written by (an) american reporter charles kuralt  .it is from his book called "a life on the road"

for many years charles kuralt travelled across the united states,telling interesting stories about americans.his stories were broadcasted on the cbs television network,later some were published in books.here is Shep O'Neal with today story "on the road".

I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroads throughout the american countryside.so camera man,soudnman and I started out with great hope from new york city.

For a few rainy days,we drove throuth the small towns of new england,the northeast corner of the united states.we drove aimlessly,without one idea in our heads,I began to get nervous,wondering if  an idea would ever come.

Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow.and the bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees,yellow and red and gold rained down all round us.In every town,children were playing in hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was.

As a news reporter,I was used to going fast and working hard.These kinds of stories however seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy.When I finally shook off the sense of speed of newsman,I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer,they found me.

In Westerville Ohio,I met professor john franklin smith ,he taught speech (and) dramma and Otterbein college  until he was 70 years old.then the school rules said he had to retire,he could not imagine leaving the students behind.so when he was forced to retire,he just kept working at the college ,he had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium, during my years as a professor,he said,I would walk through the gym
and see the men cleaning the floor
.I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was  , It was hard work for me at first,but I got used to it,it is necessary to work.

作者: yz343489954    时间: 2012-3-22 18:48

HW
Our story today is called “On the road”. It was written by American reporter Charles Corot. It is from his book called “A life on the road”. For many years, Charles Corot travel across the United States, telling interesting stories about Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS television network. Later, some were published in books. Here is Shep O’Neal, with today story “On the road”.
I had the somewhat unrealistic ideas, that I would find interesting stories at every crossroad throughout the American countryside. So the camera man, sound man and I started out with great hope from New York City. For a few raining days, we drove through the small towns of New England, the northeastern corner of the United States. We drove aimlessly, without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous, wondering if an idea would ever come. Then, the sun came out, and the wind started to blow, and the bright atom leaves shook and fell of the trees. Yellow and red and golden * down all around us. In every town, Children were playing in * of leaves. We got the camera out, and did our first story about how pretty it all was. As a new reporter, I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seem to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of newsman, I didn’t have to worry about finding stories any longer, they found me.
In * Ohio, I met Professor John Franklin Smith. He told speech and * at college until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He couldn’t imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the *.” During my years of a professor” he said, “I would walk through the * and see the man cleaning the floor. I know what a * was, and what bucket was. It was hard work for me at first, but I got used to it. It is necessary to work.”
作者: Sally1217    时间: 2013-6-6 22:13

HW

Our story today is called “On the Road”. It was written by American reporter Charles Kuralt. It was from his book called “A Life On the Road”. For many years Charles Kuralt traveled across the United States telling interesting stories about the Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS television network. Later some were published in books. Here is Shaple Neal with today’s story “On the Road”.

I have the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at the cross roads throughout the American countryside. So the cameramen, soundmen and I started out with great hope from New York City. For a few rainy days. We drove through the small towns of New England, the northeast corner of the United States. We drove aimlessly without an idea in our heads. I began to get nervous, wondering if an idea would ever come. Then the sun came out, and the wind started to blow and the bright autumn leaves shook and fell off the trees. Yellow and red and gold rained down all around us. In every town children were playing and heals our leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty Iowa was.

As a news reporter I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a news man I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me.

In West Hill Ohio, I met professor John Franklin Smith. He taught speech and drama at / College until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working in the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the /. “During my years as professor”, he said, “I would walk through the / and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was hard work for me at first but I got used to it. It is necessary to work.”
作者: 季绿怡    时间: 2013-6-7 14:26

Our story today is called 'on the road. It was written by an American reporter Charles Corot.It is from his book called a life on the road. For many years CC travelled across the US telling interesting stories about the Americans. His stories were broadcast on the CBS Televison Network. Later some were published in books. Here is SO with today's story on the road. I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroad throughout the American countryside. So the camera man, sound man and I started out with great hope from NY city. For a few rainy days we drove through the small towns of New England, the northeast corner of the US. We drove aimlessly without one idea in our heads. I began to get nervous wondering if an idea would ever come. Then the sun came out and the wind started to blow and bright autumn leaves shook and fell of the trees. Yellow and red and gold rains down all around us. In every town children would \ playing at the hills of leaves. We got the camera out and did our first story about how pretty it all was. As a news reporter I was used to going fast and working hard. These kinds of stories, however, seemed to work best when I went slow and took it easy. When I finally shook off the sense of speed of a news man, I did not have to worry about finding stories any longer. They found me. In West Hill Ohio, I met professor John Frankline Smith. He taught speech and drama at HB college until he was 70 years old. Then the school rules said he had to retire. He could not imagine leaving the students behind. So when he was forced to retire, he just kept working at the college. He had continued to work for 15 years as a cleaning man in the gymnasium. During my years as a professor, he said, I would walk through the gym and see the man cleaning the floor. I knew what a mop was and what a bucket was. It was a hard work for me at first but I get used to it. It was necessary to work.

欢迎光临 普特英语听力论坛 (http://forum.putclub.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0