Board logo

标题: [万花筒] 【整理】2008-07-24&-07-26 民航客机反导弹系统 [打印本页]

作者: qingchengshan    时间: 2008-7-23 15:33     标题: 【整理】2008-07-24&-07-26 民航客机反导弹系统

user posted image
Missile protection system for U.S. jetliners tested. 民航客机反导弹系统

The America will deploy a anti-missile system on their civil aviation industry.

【电信1】 RealVideo / mp3

【电信2】 RealVideo / mp3

【网通/教育网】 RealVideo / mp3

点击进入万花筒整理稿汇总页面

点击进入多主题版块听写规则(新手必读)

版主提示:
一、若是自己的听写稿, 请发帖时标注'Homework'.
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
三、为了达到最快的下载速度,推荐使用迅雷高速下载本站音频/视频材料.

整理:by whalenwin

---------------------------

Well the next time you fly, you are maybe on an airplane that is protected from shoulder-fired missiles. American Airlines is helping the Homeland Security Department test ways to protect those planes. Joining me now from Washington to talk more about the new system is Noah Shachtman of Wired Magazine.

Good morning to you, Noah.
Morning.

What is this system called and how exactly does it work?

Ur, it's an infrared counter measure, what it basically does is, it sits at the bottom of the plane, and it looks out for incoming missiles which are one of the deadliest and most pervasive terrorist threats out there, and so it looks out for missiles, and then when it finds one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny infrared laser beam to shoot off confused missile and send it off course.

All right, how many planes have this system in operation right now?

Well, only in the US commercially, there is only three, and that's a real problem. Um, the, this is one of the deadliest threats at all out there, there are over 750, 000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe. They cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about anybody, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all of their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with three.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphics that are showing how this would work. Ur, American Airlines, as JETEYE system, are there the only ones with the three or its spread across different airlines?

I believe it's only American Airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to putting more of these missile, er, more of these missile counter measures on their jets.

Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it's so expensive.

Yeah. Well, ur, it all comes down to money. Um, although some studies say it'll only cost a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, er, these defenses, er, American Airlines and the other airlines say that, that's too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane, right? (Right. ) And they're charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheap out on this too.

Yeah, but I mean, don't you think the consumers, if they know about this, they feel like, wow, you know, an extra dollar for this kind of security, I mean, is it pretty foolproof?

Ur, I don't know if it's foolproof, but it's a lot better than what we've got now which is nothing.

Yup, how long do you figure they continue to test this system, Noah?

I don't know. Ur, look five years ago, there was a very scary incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder-fired missiles was fired at, ur, an Israeli jet, and it nearly blew it up, killing, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and outfitted all their jets with these counter measures. Five years later, only three of these jets in a test mode in the US, so you know, you'd keep that on, it's gonna take till, er, you know, it's gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fleet outfitted.

Yeah, but I'll tell you, if you are accurate, we just have a dollar of plane flight round trip, I mean, you know, coast to coast. Hey, it's so worth it, think about the other cost, should some like that happen? Anyway, Noah Shachtman of Wired. . . (You think ) Um. you what?

Yeah, you know, you think, I mean. (You think. ) You think if you're gonna spend this money for an extra bag or for, you know, to buy a sandwich on board, maybe you spend a dollar to have your plane protected against the missiles.

Yeah, I shall pony up. OK. Noah Shachtman there of Wired Magazine. Thank you.

-----------------------------------
pervasive---- 无处不在的; 遍布的; 充斥各处的
laser beam----    激光束
pony up----<美俚>付账,付钱 

[ 本帖最后由 whalenwin 于 2008-11-23 12:11 编辑 ]
作者: sylvia_qian    时间: 2008-7-23 16:50     标题: hw

Well the next time you’ll fly, you maybe on the airplane that is protected from shoulder fired missiles. American airlines is helping the * line security apartment test ways to protect those planes. Join me now, from Washington to talk more about the new system is no a shocking of Wired Magazine. Good morning to you, Noah.

Morning.

What is the system called and how exactly does it work?

Ur, it’s an infrared counter measure, what it basically does is, it sets at the bottom of the plane, and it looks out for incoming missiles which are one of the deadliest and most pervasive terrorist threats out there, and so it looks out for missiles, and then when it finds one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny infrared laser beam to sort of confuse the missile and send it of course.

Well, only in the US, commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem, ur, the, this is one of the deadliest threats there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe, they cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off but just about any body, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all their planes, but the US is only got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphic that are showing how this could work? Ur, American airlines is jet that system or they are the only one, * three or * across the definite airlines?

I believe it’s only American airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to put in more these, more these missiles (Really? Why is that? Is it sound like it’s so expensive?) on the jet. Yeah. Well, it all comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost you a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these defenses, American airlines and the other airlines have said that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they only even give * peanuts service sold on the plane right? (Right.) And charging us for extra bags, and so neither are trying to cheap out on this too.

Yeah, but I mean, don’t you think the consumer, if they know about this, they fell like, well, you know, an extra dollar for this kind of security, I mean, is it pretty full proof?

Ur, I don’t know if it’s full proof, but it’s a lot bit than what we’ve got now, we’ve got nothing.

Yeah, how long do you think they are gonna continue to test this is *?

I don’t know. Look, 5 years ago, there is a, very scare incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder fired missiles was fired in Israeli jet, and it nearly blew up, killed, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and authored its all air jets with these counter measures. 5 years later, only 3 of these jets in a test mold in the US, so you know, you keep that on, it’s gonna take to a, you know, it’s gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fled out for this.

Yeah, but I’ll try if you are accurate, we just have a dollar plane flight around trip, I mean * coast to coast. Hey, it’s so worthy, think about the other cost, just some like that happened. Anyway, no one (You think…) about what?

Yeah, you know, you think (You think.) I mean, you think if you’re gonna spend this money for an extra bag or for, you know to buy a sandwich on board, maybe you spend a dollar to have your plane protected against the missiles.

Yeah, I truly upon you. OK. Noah Schactman there of Wired Magazine. Thank you.

作者: Susan18062025    时间: 2008-7-23 18:12     标题: HW 我也不知道字体为什么会那样!!!!!

Well,next time when you fly , you are maybe on a plane that is protected to shot fight missiles.  The American Airlines are helping to protect those plannes.     in Washington, to talk more about the new system is known of Wired Magazine.

Good morning, Noah Schactman.

Morning!

Why is this system called   it work?

It's a    What bascially does is  plane and it looks out for incoming missiles and then when you find one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny in   just out of the confused missiles and sends it out  of course.

Alright, how many planes have this system in operation right now?

Well,  only, in the US commercially, there's  only 3. That's we all  problems. This is one of the deadest i. There are over 750,000  of these  milliles  scatered  accross the globe.    They cost only  few thousand  dollars to buy and it can be shot off by just anybody  so it's easier to operate, and they are cheap.  And  many other countries like Esrae for example, has this kind of missiles all of their planes , but the US has only got this   with 3.

Ya,  we are looking a pretty great vedio and the  graphed photos showing how it work. And American

I believe it's only  American Airlines  right now, and even they say  they to opposed to promote   more of these missiles.

Really? Why is that? doesn't it cost  expensive?

It all comes  down to money.  Although some studies say it only cost a few  maintain. er, It's fantancy.  American Aiviationliners  and many other airlines  say that's too much money for them you know, look  this    peanut sold on the plan ,right? and so now they are trying to ....

I mean don't you think why you know the next dollar  for this kind of security, I mean  does it approve pretty for proof?

I don't know if it approves proof , but ...there is nothing.

How long  doe it continue to test this system now?

I don't know. Look, five years ago, there is a very scary incident in Cania, in which  a period of shot missile and nearly blown up, killing almost hundreds, and so  the US' government really .... all of these checks with this kind of missiles   . Five years later, only 3  of these jects  in the test  in the US ,  so you know, to keep to learn, you know can be thousands of years before we have the US...

Yeah, but I'm tired of the accurate to think round trip , think about another cost , should some other happen. Anyway ,  now...

en? for what?

Yeah, you know, you think, I mean , you think you canspend money  for international banks  or for you know , to buy  a sandwhich on board maybe you spend some dollarsagainst  missiles, but you shoud not protest against missiles.

Yeah, I  promise, OK,  from the Wider Magazine ,thank you .

[ 本帖最后由 Susan18062025 于 2008-7-23 18:15 编辑 ]
作者: walter2000    时间: 2008-7-24 00:55

on sylvia_qian

Well the next time you fly, you maybe on the airplane that is protected from shoulder fired missiles. American airlines is

helping the homeland security department test ways to protect those planes. Join me now, from Washington to talk more

about the new system is no a shocking of Wired Magazine. Good morning to you, Noah.

Morning.

Ur, it’s an infrared counter measure, what it basically does is, it sets at the bottom of the plane, and it looks out for

incoming missiles which are one of the deadliest and most pervasive terrorist threats out there, and so it looks out for

missiles, and then when it finds one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny infrared laser beam to sort of confuse the

missile and send it off course.

Well, only in the US, commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem, ur, the, this is one of the deadliest threats

there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe, they cost only a few thousand

bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about any body, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are

cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all their planes, but the US is only

got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphic that are showing how this could work? Ur, American airlines

is jet that system or they are the only one, * three or spread across different airlines?

I believe it’s only American airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to put in

more these, more these missiles (Really? Why is that? Is it sound like it’s so expensive?) on the jet. Yeah. Well, it all

comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost you a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these

defenses, American airlines and the other airlines have said that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these

days they only even give * peanuts service sold on the plane right? (Right.) And charging us for extra bags, and so neither

are trying to cheap out on this too.

Yeah, but I mean, don’t you think the consumer, if they know about this, they fell like, well, you know, an extra dollar for

this kind of security, I mean, is it pretty full proof?

Ur, I don’t know if it’s full proof, but it’s a lot bit than what we’ve got now, which is nothing.

Yeah, how long do you think they are gonna continue to test this is *?

I don’t know. Look, 5 years ago, there is a, very scare incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder fired missiles was

fired in Israeli jet, and it nearly blew up, killed, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and

authored its all air jets with these counter measures. 5 years later, only 3 of these jets in a test mold in the US, so you

know, you keep that on, it’s gonna take to a, you know, it’s gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fled out for

this.

Yeah, but I’ll try if you are accurate, we just have a dollar plane flight around trip, I mean our coast to coast. Hey, it

’s so worthy, think about the other cost, just some like that happened. Anyway, no one (You think…) about what?

Yeah, you know, you think (You think.) I mean, you think if you’re gonna spend this money for an extra bag or for, you know

to buy a sandwich on board, maybe you spend a dollar to have your plane protected against the missiles.

Yeah, I truly upon you. OK. Noah Schactman there of Wired Magazine. Thank you.

[ 本帖最后由 walter2000 于 2008-7-24 00:59 编辑 ]
作者: windstar2008    时间: 2008-7-24 01:52     标题: homework

Next time you flight you maybe on a air plane that is protected from shoulder fire missiles. American Airline is helping secrurity department test ways to protect those planes. Join me now from Washington to talk more about the new system is N from Mile magzine. Good morning, know. What is this system called and how exactly does it work? It's a infl count measure. What basically does is to set it at the bottom of the plane and looks out for incoming missiles , which is one of the deadliest and most pervasive terrorist threates out there. So it looks out for missiles and when it finds one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny inflam r to sort of confuse missle and send it out of course. How many planes have this system in operation right now? Well, only in the US commerically there are only three, and that's real problem. This is one of the deadliest threates all out there. There are over 750,000 these missles scattered across the global. They cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and it can be shut off just by anybody, so it's easy to operate, plantful and cheap. And many other countries, like Israel for example, have this kind of measures on all their planes. But US has only got this pilot experiment with three. Yeah, we're looking at some pretty great vedio and graphics so showing us how this would work. American Airline is in Jet system, so they are the only one or three across different airlines? I believe it's only American Airlines right now. And even they have said they are phila paused to put more this missile c on its jets. Really? Why is that? Does it look so expensive? It all comes down to money. Although some study say it'll only cost a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain these defenses, American Airlines and other airlines say that is too much money for they. You know, look, these days they only give peanut butter, soda on the plane, right? and they are charging us for extra bags and so now they try to cheap out this too. Yeah, but, I mean, don't think comsumer know about this, like, you know extra dollar for this kind of security, is it pretty fool prove? I don't know if it's fool prove, but there is more we got better right now, which is nothing. Yeah, how long do you think they are gonna continue to test these off? I don't know. Look, five years ago, there is a very scare incident in K in which parashoulder fire missiles with fired it in Israel jet and nearly blew up killing almost hundreds. And so Israel government got on board and out their all jets with this kind of measures. Five years later, only three of these jets in test in the US, so keep that on, it's gonna take a long, you know, it's gonna be thousand years before we have the US f. But I tell you if it's accurate, we just have one dollar plane flight around trip coast to coast, it's so worth of it. Think about the other cost should someone like that happen. Anyway, you think, I mean, if you're gonna spend this money for next bag or for, you know, to buy a sandwich on board, maybe it's been a dollar and half you pay to again missiles. Yeah, from Wild magzine. Thank you.
作者: 姚姚11    时间: 2008-7-24 01:58

on walter2000

Well the next time you fly, you may be on an airplane that is protected from shoulder fired missiles. American airlines is helping the homeland security department test ways to protect those planes. Joining me now from Washington to talk more about the new system is Noah Shachtman of Wired Magazine. Good morning to you, Noah.

Morning.

Ur, it’s an infrared counter measure, what it basically does is, it sets at the bottom of the plane, and it looks out for incoming missiles which are one of the deadliest and most pervasive terrorist threats out there, and so it looks out for missiles, and then when it finds one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny infrared laser beam to sort of confuse the missile and send it off course.

Well, only in the US, commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem, ur, the, this is one of the deadliest threats there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe, they cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about any body, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphs that are showing how this would work. Ur, American airlines is jet that system or they are the only one, * three or spread across different airlines?

I believe it’s only American airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to put in more of these, more of these missiles * (Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it’s so expensive.) on the jet. Yeah. Well, it all comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost / a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these defenses, American airlines and the other airlines have said that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane right? (Right.) And charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheap out on this too.

Yeah, but I mean, don’t you think the consumers, if they know about this, they feel like, wow, you know, an extra dollar for this kind of security, I mean, is it pretty foolproof?

Ur, I don’t know if it’s foolproof, but it’s a lot better than what we’ve got now, which is nothing.

Yeah, how long do you think they are gonna continue to test this system, Noah?

I don’t know. Look, 5 years ago, there was a, very scary incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder-fired missiles was fired at, ur, an Israeli jet, and it nearly blew it up, killing, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and afterwards all their jets would use these counter measures. 5 years later, only 3 of these jets in a test mode in the US, so you know, you keep that on, it’s gonna take to a, you know, it’s gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fleet outfit.

Yeah, but I’ll tell you, if you are accurate, we just have a dollar of plane flight round trip, I mean, you know, coast to coast. Hey, it’s so worth it, think about the other cost, just some like that happened. Anyway, no one (You think…) about what?

Yeah, you know, you think (You think.) I mean, you think if you’re gonna spend this money for an extra bag or for, you know to buy a sandwich on board, maybe you spend a dollar to have your plane protected against the missiles.

Yeah, I truly upon you. OK. Noah Shachtman there of Wired Magazine. Thank you.

[ 本帖最后由 姚姚11 于 2008-7-24 02:20 编辑 ]
作者: johnsonchen688    时间: 2008-7-24 09:50

on 姚姚

Well the next time you fly, you may be on an airplane that is protected from shoulder-fired missiles. American airlines is helping the homeland security department test ways to protect those planes. Joining me now from Washington to talk more about the new system is Noah Shachtman of Wired Magazine. Good morning to you, Noah.

Morning.

Ur, it’s an infrared counter measure, what it basically does is, it sits at the bottom of the plane, and it looks out for incoming missiles which are one of the deadliest and most pervasive terrorist threats out there, and so it looks out for missiles, and then when it finds one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny infrared laser beam to sort of confuse the missile and send it off course.

Well, only in the US, commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem, ur, the, this is one of the deadliest threats there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe, they cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about any body, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphics that are showing how this would work. Ur, American airlines, this jetline system, are they / the only ones with the three or is it spread across different airlines?

I believe it’s only American airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to putting more of these, more of these missiles counter measures (Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it’s so expensive.) on their jets. Yeah. Well, it all comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost / a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these defenses, American airlines and the other airlines have said that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane right? (Right.) And they're charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheep out on this too.

Yeah, but I mean, don’t you think the consumers, if they know about this, they feel like, wow, you know, an extra dollar for this kind of security, I mean, is it pretty foolproof?

Ur, I don’t know if it’s foolproof, but it’s a lot better than what we’ve got now, which is nothing.

Yeah, how long do you think for them to continue to test this system, Noah?

I don’t know. Look, 5 years ago, there was a, very scary incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder-fired missiles was fired at, ur, an Israeli jet, and it nearly blew it up, killing, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and outfitted all their jets with these counter measures. 5 years later, only 3 of these jets in a test mode in the US, so you know, you keep that on, it’s gonna take till the, you know, it’s gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fleet outfitted.

Yeah, but I’ll tell you, if you are accurate, I mean just have a dollar of plane flight round trip, I mean, Noah, coast to coast. Hey, it’s so worth it, think about the other cost, just some like that happened. Anyway, Noah Shachman of Wired...(You think…) em, the what?

作者: skyRo    时间: 2008-7-24 21:36

on 阿俊

Well the next time you fly, you may be on an airplane that is protected from shoulder-fired missiles. American airlines is helping the homeland security department test ways to protect those planes. Joining me now from Washington to talk more about the new system is Noah Shachtman of Wired Magazine. Good morning to you, Noah.

Morning.

Ur, it’s an infrared counter measure, what it basically does is, it sits at the bottom of the plane, and it looks out for incoming missiles which are one of the deadliest and most pervasive terrorist threats out there, and so it looks out for missiles, and then when it finds one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny infrared laser beam to sort of confuse the missile and send it off course.

Well, only in the US, commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem, ur, the, this is one of the deadliest threats there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe, they cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about any body, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all of their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphics that are showing how this would work. Ur, American airlines, this JETEYE system, are they / the only ones with the three or is it spread across different airlines?

I believe it’s only American airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to putting more of these, more of these missiles counter measures (Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it’s so expensive.) on their jets. Yeah. Well, it all comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost / a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these defenses, American airlines and the other airlines have said that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane right? (Right.) And they're charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheep out on this too.

I don’t know. Look, 5 years ago, there was a, very scary incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder-fired missiles was fired at, ur, an Israeli jet, and it nearly blew it up, killing, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and outfitted all their jets with these counter measures. 5 years later, only 3 of these jets in a test mode in the US, so you know, you keep that on, it’s gonna take till the, you know, it’s gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fleet outfitted.

Yeah, but I’ll tell you, if you are accurate, I mean just have a dollar of plane flight round trip, I mean, Noah, coast to coast. Hey, it’s so worth it, think about the other cost, just some like that happened. Anyway, Noah Shachman of Wired...(You think…) em, the what?

Yeah, I choose ponying up. OK. Noah Shachtman there of Wired Magazine. Thank you.

作者: Chloé    时间: 2008-7-25 01:43     标题: on skyRo

Morning.

Well, only in the US, commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem, ur, the, this is one of the deadliest threats there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe, they cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about any body, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all of their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphics that are showing how this would work. Ur, American airlines, this JETEYE system, are they / the only ones to with the three or it's spread across different airlines?

I believe it’s only American airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to putting more of these, more of these missiles counter measures (Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it’s so expensive.) on their jets. Yeah. Well, it all comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost / a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these defenses, American airlines and the other airlines have said that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane right? (Right.) And they're charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheap out on this too.

Yeah, how long /, you think, they're gonna continue to test this system, Noah?

I don’t know. Look, five years ago, there was a, very scary incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder-fired missiles was fired at, ur, an Israeli jet, and it nearly blew it up, killing, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and outfitted all their jets with these counter measures. Five years later, only 3 of these jets in a test mode in the US, so you know, you keep that on, it’s gonna take till the, you know, it’s gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fleet outfitted.

Yeah, I choose ponying up. OK. Noah Shachtman there of Wired Magazine. Thank you.

作者: koukai    时间: 2008-7-26 10:46     标题: on Chloé

Well the next time you fly, you are may be on an airplane that is protected from shoulder-fired missiles. American airlines is helping the homeland security department test ways to protect those planes. Joining me now from Washington to talk more about the new system is Noah Shachtman of Wired Magazine. Good morning to you, Noah.

Morning.

Well, only in the US, commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem, ur, the, this is one of the deadliest threats there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe, they cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about any body, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all of their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yup, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphics that are showing how this would work. Ur, American airlines, as JETEYE system, are they the only ones to with the three or it's spread across different airlines?

I believe it’s only American airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to putting more of these, more of these missiles counter measures (Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it’s so expensive.) on their jets. Yeah. Well, it all comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost  a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these defenses, American airlines and the other airlines have said that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane right? (Right.) And they're charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheap out on this too.

Yup, how long, you think, they're gonna continue to test this system, Noah?

I don’t know. Look, five years ago, there was a, very scary incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder-fired missiles was fired at, ur, an Israeli jet, and it nearly blew it up, killing, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and outfitted all their jets with these counter measures. Five years later, only 3 of these jets in a test mode in the US, so you know, you'd keep that on, it’s gonna take till the, you know, it’s gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fleet outfitted.

Yeah, I choose ponying up. OK. Noah Shachtman there of Wired Magazine. Thank you.

作者: 北星束    时间: 2008-7-26 14:31

on koukai

Well the next time you fly, you are maybe on an airplane that is protected from shoulder-fired missiles. American Airlines is helping the homeland security department test ways to protect those planes. Joining me now from Washington to talk more about the new system is Noah Shachtman of Wired Magazine. Good morning to you, Noah.

Morning.

Well, only in the US, commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem, ur, the, this is one of the deadliest threats there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe, they cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about
anybody, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all of their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphics that are showing how this would work. Ur, American Airlines, as JETEYE system, are they the only ones / with the three or it's spread across different airlines?

I believe it’s only American
Airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to putting more of these, more of these missiles counter measures (Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it’s so expensive.) on their jets. Yeah. Well, it all comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost  a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these defenses, American Airlines and the other airlines have said that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane right? (Right.) And they're charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheap out on this too.

I don’t know. Look, five years ago, there was a, very scary incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder-fired missiles was fired at, ur, an Israeli jet, and it nearly blew it up, killing, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and outfitted all their jets with these counter measures. Five years later, only 3 of these jets in a test mode in the US, so you know, you'd keep that on, it’s gonna take till the, you know, it’s gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fleet outfitted.

Yeah, but I’ll tell you, if you are accurate, I mean just have a dollar of plane flight round trip, I mean, Noah, coast to coast. Hey, it’s so worth it, think about the other cost,
should some like that happened. Anyway, Noah Shachman of Wired...(You think…) em, you what?

Yeah, I
shall pony up. OK. Noah Shachtman there of Wired Magazine. Thank you.

作者: lxwsdrz9999    时间: 2008-7-27 04:11     标题: on 北星束

Well the next time you fly, you are maybe on an airplane that is protected from shoulder-fired missiles. American Airlines is helping the homeland security department test ways to protect those planes. Joining me now from Washington to talk more about the new system is Noah Shachtman of Wired Magazine.

Morning.

Well, only in the US commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem. Um, the, this is one of the deadliest threats there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe. They cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be
shut off by just about anybody, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kinds
of measures on all of their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great
videos and graphics that are showing how this would work. Ur, American Airlines, as JETEYE system, are they the only ones with the three or its
spread across different airlines?

I believe it’s only American Airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to putting more of these, more of these missiles counter measures on their jets.

Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it’s so expensive.

Yeah. Well, it all comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these defenses, American Airlines and the other airlines say that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane right? (Right.) And they're charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheap out on this too.

Ur, I don’t know if it’s foolproof but it’s a lot better than what we’ve got now which
it
is nothing.

I don’t know. Look, five years ago, there was a, very scary incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder-fired missiles was fired at, ur, an Israeli jet, and it nearly blew it up killing, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and outfitted all their jets with these counter measures. Five years later, only 3 of these jets in a test mode in the US, so you know, you'd keep that on, it’s gonna take till the, you know, it’s gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fleet outfitted.

Yeah, but I’ll tell you, if you are accurate, I mean just have a dollar of plane flight round trip, I mean, Noah, coast to coast. Hey, it’s so worth it
thinking
about the other cost, should some like that happened. Anyway, Noah Shachman of Wired...(You think…) em, you what?

作者: greatsea    时间: 2008-7-27 10:45

on lxwsdrz9999

Well the next time you fly, you are maybe on an airplane that is protected from shoulder-fired missiles. American Airlines is helping the Homeland Security Department test ways to protect those planes. Joining me now from Washington to talk more about the new system is Noah Shachtman of Wired Magazine.

Morning.

Ur, it's an infrared counter measure, what it basically does is, it sits at the bottom of the plane, and it looks out for incoming missiles which are one of the deadliest and most pervasive terrorist threats out there, and so it looks out for missiles, and then when it finds one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny infrared laser beam to shoot off confused missile and send it off course.

Well, only in the US commercially, there is only three, and that's a real problem. Um, the, this is one of the deadliest threats at all out there, there are over 750, 000 of these missiles, ur, scattered across the globe. They cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about anybody, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all of their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with three.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphics that are showing how this would work. Ur, American Airlines, as JETEYE system, are there the only ones with the three or its spread across different airlines?

I believe it's only American Airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to putting more of these missile, er, more of these missile counter measures on their jets.

Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it's so expensive.

Yeah. Well, ur, it all comes down to money. Um, although some studies say it'll only cost a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, er, these defenses, er, American Airlines and the other airlines say that, that's too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane, right? (Right. ) And they're charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheap out on this too.

Yeah, but I mean, don't you think the consumers, if they know about this, they feel like, wow, you know, an extra dollar for this kind of security, I mean, is it pretty foolproof?

Ur, I don't know if it's foolproof, but it's a lot better than what we've got now which is nothing.

Yup, how long do you figure they continue to test this system, Noah?

I don't know. Ur, look five years ago, there was a very scary incident in Kenya, in which a pair of shoulder-fired missiles was fired at, ur, an Israeli jet, and it nearly blew it up, killing, almost killing hundreds, and so the Israeli government got on board and outfitted all their jets with these counter measures. Five years later, only three of these jets in a test mode in the US, so you know, you'd keep that on, it's gonna take till, er, you know, it's gonna be a thousand years before we have the US fleet outfitted.

Yeah, but I'll tell you, if you are accurate, we just have a dollar of plane flight round trip, I mean, you know, coast to coast. Hey, it's so worth it, think about the other cost, should some like that happen? Anyway, Noah Shachtman of Wired. . . (You think ) Um. you what?

Yeah, you know, you think, I mean. (You think. ) You think if you're gonna spend this money for an extra bag or for, you know, to buy a sandwich on board, maybe you spend a dollar to have your plane protected against the missiles.

[ 本帖最后由 greatsea 于 2008-7-27 10:53 编辑 ]
作者: 庚の项链    时间: 2008-7-28 10:32

Morning.

it’s an infrared counter measure, what it basically does is, it sits at the bottom of the plane, and it looks out for incoming missiles which are one of the deadliest and most pervasive terrorist threats out there, and so it looks out for missiles, and then when it finds one or if it finds one, it sends out a tiny infrared laser beam to sort of confuse the missile and send it off course.

Well, only in the US, commercially there is only 3 and that’s a real problem, ur, the, this is one of the deadliest threats there are out there, there are over 750,000 of these missiles, scattered across the globe, they cost only a few thousand bucks to buy and they can be shot off by just about any body, so they are easy to operate, they are plentiful and they are cheap. And many other countries like Israel for example, have these kind of measures on all their planes, but the US has only got this pilot experiment with 3.

Yeah, and we are looking at some pretty great video and graphics that are showing how this would work. Ur, American airlines, this jetline system, are they the only ones with the three or is it spread across different airlines?

I believe it’s only American airlines right now, and even they have said that they are philosophically opposed to putting more of these, more of these missiles counter measures (Really? Why is that? It doesn't sound like it’s so expensive.) on their jets. Yeah. Well, it all comes down to money. Although some studies say it’ll only cost / a dollar per coast to coast trip to maintain, these defenses, American airlines and the other airlines have said that, that’s too much money for them. Ur, you know, look, these days they don't even give us like peanuts or soda on the plane right? And they're charging us for extra bags, and so now they are trying to cheep out on this too.

I don’t know if it’s foolproof, but it’s a lot better than what we’ve got now, which is nothing.

Yeah, but I’ll tell you, if you are accurate, I mean just have a dollar of plane flight round trip, I mean, Noah, coast to coast. Hey, it’s so worth it, think about the other cost, just some like that happened. Anyway, Noah Shachman of Wired, what?

欢迎光临 普特英语听力论坛 (http://forum.putclub.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0