标题: [美国国家公共广播] NPR 2020-07-11 [打印本页]
作者: qingchengshan 时间: 2020-7-11 08:04 标题: NPR 2020-07-11
NPR NEWS 20200711
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
作者: 蚂蚁 时间: 2020-7-13 20:39
F4letters PT1. 无道德底线 PT says he is now unsure about pursuing a new trade deal with China because of Beijing's handling of the cv. Trump reached an initial agreement with China earlier this year. But as NPR's XX reports that was supposed to be just the first phase of the deal.
PT says he's not thinking about moving ahead with a phase-2 agreement with China at the moment. He told reporters on Air Force One that the US relationship with China has been "severely damaged due to the cvp" which he claims China could have stopped. Back in January the US and China signed a phase-1 trade deal, easing some tariffs on Chinese goods in exchange for the Chinese agreed to buy more US products. At the time Trump hailed as a victory and promised to pursue a phase-2 agreement that would address the extents of economic performs long sought by the US govt.
2. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is taking exception to(对……表示反对, reject） a report by a UN human rights expert which says the US drones strike that killed the top Iranian general in January met??? to a violation of international law. The report is focusing on the killing of General Qasem Soleimani in Iraq and also takes a broader look at the use of drone strikes. Pompeo says the US rejects the report. The Trump adm pulled the US out of the UNHRC two years ago, accusing it was biased against Israel and of accepting autocratic regimes.
3. An Inspector General's report says the Commerce Department mishandled communications about 2019's Hurricane Dorian. NPR's Rebecca Hersher reports the internal watchdog finds the Trump adm politicized the government's message about who was in harm’s way.
As Hurricane Dorian headed for a land last year, PT stated inaccurately that the storm could affect Alabama. Federal weather forecasters in Bermingham then tweeted that in fact Alabama was not in the storm's projected path. The National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration followed up with a public letter that criticized those forecasters and cast out on what was know about the storm's path. An investigation by the Inspector General from the Department of Commerce which oversees NOAA finds that criticism was misplaced and undercut public trust in the weather scientists. The investigation found both the White House and its the Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross pressured NOAA to release the letter.
4. The Federal Reserve says it purchase 1.3 billion corporate bonds last month as part of its effort to keep US interest rate low and ensure large companies can continue to borrow. The Fed purchasing bonds issued by several big companies including AT&T, PepsiCo百事可乐 and Berkshire Hathaway保险公司. Can buy___ with purchases from early in the month, the Fed is now bought nearly 1.8 billion corporate debt.
6. Russia and China have vote vetoed a UN Security Council resolution that would have maintain humanitarian aid deliveries to Syria's mainly rebel-held northwest through two crossing points from Turkey. That is a vote coming just hours before the current mandate for cross-border aid deliveries expired. A close-door meeting was scheduled to try to reach compromise Russia has signaled last night. It might be willing to authorize just one crossing from Turkey for a year.
7. Protesters gathered outside the US embassy in Beirut to denounce what they called American interference in Lebanon. NPR's Ruth Sherlock says it's the second such protest in less than a week.
Dozens of protesters gathered at a road block, a kilometer from the US embassy perimeter. Some held flags in support of the militia Hezbollah which the US has designated a terrorist organization. Some protesters tried to break through the barrier and were turned back by riot police with water cannons. Hezbollah blames a crippling economic crisis in Lebanon on new US sanctions against the group and against neighboring Syria, an important trading partner.
US embassy officials have repeatedly denied that the sanctions materially hurt Lebanon. Last month the US Ambassador to Beirut Dorothy Shea told Lebanese media that corruption in Lebanon's Hezbollah-backed govt is the cause of the economic crisis.
8. Nevada is joining the ranks of states pulling back on reopening as the number of cv cases there has been rising. Nevada's govr is announcing today restrictions on bars and restaurants in certain counties will be re-implemented. It requires bars that do not serve food close their doors affected at midnight. Restaurants in affected areas will be barred from serving parties of 6 or more.
|欢迎光临 普特英语听力论坛 (http://forum.putclub.com/)
Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0|