只用一本书提高英语听力能力!重温经典名著双语阅读小编推荐:跟着纪录片学英语不背单词和语法,轻松学英语
返回列表 回复 发帖

[NPR] 【整理】2008-02-01&-02-03, 只要愿意接受,就会有援手向你递来

提高英语听力能力 找对方法很重要!

[NPR] 【整理】2008-02-01&-02-03, 只要愿意接受,就会有援手向你递来

user posted image

The Universe Is Conspiring to Help Us

Whether hitchhiking to work or bicycling across the country, Wired magazine founder Kevin Kelly always found strangers willing to help him. Kelly believes that to be a good giver, you must also know how to receive.

user posted image

【电信用户1】下载
Download MP3

【电信用户2】下载
Download MP3

【网通/教育网用户】下载
Download MP3
点击进入NPR整理稿汇总页面

点击进入多主题版块听写规则(新手必读)

版主提示:
一、若是自己的听写稿, 请发帖时标注'Homework'.
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
三、为了达到最快的下载速度,推荐使用迅雷高速下载本站音频/视频材料.

整理:Asylum

I believe in mystery.
I believe in family .
I believe in being who I am .
I believe in the power of failure.
And I believe normal life is extraordinary.
This I believe .

I am Jay Alison for This I believe .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the Whole Earth Review and the founding editor of Wired Magazine where he now holds the title Senior Maverick. He has a fondness for travel and he has spent years wandering in the company of strangers,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for This I believe .

When I was in my 20s, I would hitchhike to work every day. I'd walk down three blocks to Route 22 in New Jersey, stick out my thumb and wait for a ride to work. Someone always picked me up, and I was never late. Each morning, I counted on the service of ordinary commuters who had lives full of their own worries and yet, without fail, at least one of them would do something generous, as if on schedule. As I stood there with my thumb outstretched, the only question in my mind was simply, "How will the miracle happen today?"

Shortly after that job, I took my wages and split for Asia. I've lost track of the number of generous acts aimed at me there, but they arrived as dependably as my daily hitchhiking miracle.

I have developed a belief about what happens in these moments and it goes like this: Kindness is like a breath. It can be squeezed out, or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger takes a certain state of openness. If you are lost or ill, this is easy, but most days you are neither, so embracing extreme generosity takes some preparation. I learned to think of this as an exchange. During the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness, the person being aided offers degrees of humility, indebtedness, surprise, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger.

One year I rode my bicycle across America. In the evenings I'd scout houses for a likely yard to camp in. I'd ring the bell and say, "I'd like to pitch my tent tonight where I have permission. I've just eaten dinner, and I'll be gone first thing in the morning." I was never turned away, not once. And there was always more, like an invitation into their home. My job at that moment was clear: I was to relate my adventure, and in the retelling of what happened so far, they would get to vicariously ride a bicycle across America — a thrill they secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would get a place to camp and a dish of ice cream.

When the miracle flows, it flows both ways. With each gift the threads of benevolence are knotted, snaring both giver and recipient. I've only slowly come to realize that good givers are those who learn to receive with grace as well. They radiate a sense of being indebted and a state of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all at the receiving end of a huge gift simply by being alive. Yet, most of us are no good at being helpless, humble or indebted.

As with my hitchhiking rides, the gift is an extravagant gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soiled the past, broken the heart, hellish the war, I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us — if we will humble ourselves enough to let it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for This I believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a Christmas card he sent out this past year. To see it visit our website NPR.org/thisibelieve, where you'll also find information on submitting your own statement of belief, joining  the tens of thousands who've accepted that invitation, for This I Believe, I'm Jay Alison.

This I Believe is independently produced by Jay Alison, Dan Gaderman, John Grogery and Viki Merrick.

Support for NPR comes from prudential retirement, sponsor of This I Believe. Prudential believes every worker can achieve a more secure retirement, prudential retirement where beliefs matter.

Support for This I Believe comes from the coorporation for public broadcasting.

[ 本帖最后由 Asylum 于 2008-3-11 16:21 编辑 ]

普特在线文本比较普特在线听音查字普特在线拼写检查普特文本转音频

点!尔何如?鼓瑟希,铿尔,舍瑟而作,对曰:异乎三子者之撰。子曰:何伤乎?亦各言其志也。曰:莫春者,春服既成,冠者五六人,童子六七人,浴乎沂,风乎舞雩,咏而归。夫子喟然叹曰:吾与点也。
Homework

I believe in mystery ,I believe in family ,I believe in being who I am ,I believe in the power of failure ,I believe normal life is extraordinary ,this I believe .

I am JL for this I beilieve .CC is the former editor of the hole for view and farming editor of the wild magazine where now hope the title feeling M ,he has a farm list for travel n spent years wanderring in the company of strangers.,which is where he came to find his belief. Here is CC with his essay for this I believe .

When I am in my 20s,I would hitch hike to walk everyday ,I walked down 3 blocks,222 in NJ,figured out my son ,n waited for a ride 2 work..Someone always picked me up ,n I were never late. Each morning I counted on the service ,an ordinary commuter who had light for his own worry,n yet without failure ,n this one of them would do sth generous .n this formed schedule .

It …I found out treched ,the only question in my mind was simply how would miracle happen
Today. Shortly after that job , I took my way to quit for ages . I would track the mumber of generous act and meaning there .they were there independently as my daily tracking miracle .as I else believed somwthing would happen at this moment that there was miracle,it goes like this .Kindness is like breath,u can rebreath out n drawn in.. Take a gift for a stranger ,take a certain state of openness ,if u r lost or else,this is easy. The most state u need it,so a breathing a exchange …take sb properation. Let ‘s think this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger released his or her goodness to person being ..offer his degree goodness surprise trust delight relief n amusement 2 the stranger .

one year I rode my bicycle acroos US, in the evenings ,I escaped the houses for a likely yard to camping .and it is really about to say I like painting my tent tonigh when I have permission. I just sleep there n I began to c u in the morning. I would never turned away ,not once ,these was always more. Like limitation into their home . my job at that moment was clear, I would release my venture ,n retelling what happening so far. They would
Get to my …ride bicycle across US. As I secretly desired but never do .in exchange I would give place 4 camp n dish icecream . when america flows and flows both waves, with each gift with …both giver n reception. I Only slowly came 2 realize that good giver were those who learned to receive as grace as well . it really

…………….. unfinished rolleyes.gif
立即获取| 免费注册领取外教体验课一节
on 文丽丽文wl

I believe in mystery ,I believe in family ,I believe in being who I am ,I believe in the power of failure, and I believe normal life is extraordinary ,this I believe .

I am J Alison for this I beilieve .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the hole for view and funding editor of the wild magazine where now holds the title Senior Maveric, he has a farm list for a travel and he has spent years wanderring in the company of strangers.,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for this I believe .

When I am in my 20s,I would hitch hike to walk everyday, and walked down 3 blocks,222 in New Jersey,seek out my fun, and wait for a ride 2 work..Someone always picked me up, and I was never late. Each morning I counted on the service ,an ordinary commuter who had lights for his own worries,n yet without failure, at least one of them would do sth generous .n this is for schedule .

It …I found out streched ,the only question in my mind was simply how would miracle happen today. Shortly after that job , I took my wages and escaped for Asia . I've lost track the mumber of generous act and meaning there . But they were there independently as my daily tracking miracle. After I developedly believed about what happens at this moments, it goes like this .Kindness is like a breath, it can be squeezed out or drawn in.. To list a gift from a stranger ,take a certain state of openness ,if u r lost or else,this is easy. But mostly u need it,so breathing exchange generosity take some preperation. Let ‘s think this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness to person being it is offered his degree goodness surprise trust delight relief n amusement 2 the stranger .

one year I rode my bicycle acroos America, in the evenings ,I escaped the houses for a likely yard to camping .and it rings and say I like to pitch my tent tonight when I have permission. I've just ate a dinner and I began to c u in the morning. I was never turned away ,not once ,these was always more. Like limitation into their home . my job at that moment was clear, I would release my venture ,n retelling what happening so far. They would get to my carelessly ride bicycle across US. As I secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would give place 4 camp in a dish of icecream . when america flows and flows in both ways, with each gift with threats…both giver n reception. I've Only slowly came 2 realize that good giver were those who learned to receive as grace as well . it really ((is being a sense of deaded instead of being *. As a matter of fact, we are all receiving the huge gift simply by being alive. Most of us are no good of being helpless, humble *. As with my hitch hiking rides, the gift is an extravagent gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soil the past, broken the heart, help the world. I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves to lead it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for this i believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a christmas * sent out this past year to see it visit our website NPR.org, slash this i believe, where you also find information on summit in your own statement of believe, join in the tens of thousands we'll accept that invitation, for this i believe, i'm J Alison.

This i believe is independently produced by J Alison, Dan Gaderman, John Grogery and Viggy Marig.

Support for NPR comes from prodential retirement sponsor of this i believe. Prodential believes every worker can achieve more secure retirement, prodential retirement will believes matter.

Support for this i believe comes from the coorporation for public broadcasting.))

(( ))内是我自己听写的。。
Humor first, Joke later...
实现无障碍英语沟通
on Sophi_a

I believe in mystery ,I believe in family ,I believe in being who I am ,I believe in the power of failure, and I believe normal life is extraordinary ,this I believe .

I am J Alison for this I believe .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the hole for view and funding editor of / Wild Magazine where now holds the title Senior Maveric, he has a farm list for / travel and he has spent years wandering in the company of strangers,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for this I believe .

When I was in my 20s,I would hitch hike to walk everyday, and walked down 3 blocks,to route 22 in New Jersey,seek out my fun, and wait for a ride to work.Someone always picked me up, and I have never late. Each morning I counted on the service ,/ ordinary commuters who had lives for their own worries,and yet without fail, at least one of them would do something generous .as if on schedule .

It …I found out stretched ,the only question in my mind was simply how would the miracle happen today. Shortly after that job , I took my wages and escaped for Asia . I've lost track of the mumber of generous acts and meaning there . But they arrived as dependably as my daily tracking miracle. After I developed belief about what happens in these moments, it goes like this .Kindness is like a breath, it can be squeezed out or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger ,takes a certain state of openness ,if you are lost or ill,this is easy. But mostly you are neither,so breathing exchange generosity take some preparation. Learn to think this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness to person being it is offered his degree humility, goodness, surprise, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger .

one year I rode my bicycle across America, in the evenings ,I scout houses for a likely yard to camping .I ring the bell and say I'd like to pitch my tent tonight when I have permission. I've just ate / dinner and I began to c u in the morning. I was never turned away ,not once ,and there was always more. Like invitation into their home . my job at that moment was clear, I would relate my adventure, and retelling what happened so far. They would get to my carelessly ride bicycle across America. As I secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would get a place to camp and a dish of icecream . when the America flows and flows / both ways, with each gift with threats…both giver and reception. I've only slowly came to realize that good givers were those who learned to receive as grace as well . it really / a sense of being indeded instead of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all at the receiving end of a huge gift simply by being alive. Yet most of us are no good of being helpless, humble or indeded. As with my hitch hiking rides, the gift is an extravagant gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soil the past, broken the heart, helpless the world. I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves enough to lead it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for this I believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a christmas card he sent out this past year. To see it visit our website NPR.org, slash this i believe, where you also find information on summit in your own statement of believe, join in the tens of thousands we'll accept that invitation, for this i believe, i'm J Alison.

This i believe is independently produced by J Alison, Dan Gaderman, John Grogery and Viggy Marig.

Support for NPR comes from prodential retirement sponsor of this i believe. Prodential believes every worker can achieve more secure retirement, prodential retirement will believes matter.

Support for this i believe comes from the coorporation for public broadcasting.
practise makes perfect
口译专员推荐—>口译训练软件IPTAM口译通
on swallow.sunny

I believe in mystery.
I believe in family .
This I believe .

I am J Alison for This I believe .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the Whole Review and funding editor of Wired Magazine where now holds the title Senior Maveric, he has a fondness for travel and he has spent years wandering in accompany of strangers,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for This I believe .

When I was in my 20s,I would hitchhike to walk everyday, and walked down 3 blocks,to route 22 in New Jersey,stick out my thumb, and wait for a ride to work.Someone always picked me up, and I have never late. Each morning I counted on the service of ordinary commuters who had lives for their own worries,and yet without fail, at least one of them would do something generous as if on schedule .

As my thumb out stretched ,the only question in my mind was simply 'how would the miracle happen today'? Shortly after that job , I took my wages and squeeze for Asia . I've lost track of the mumber of generous acts and meaning there . But they arrived as dependably as my daily has tracking miracle. I've developed belief about what happens in these moments, it goes like this .Kindness is like a breath, it can be squeezed out or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger ,takes a certain state of openness ,if you are lost or ill,this is easy. But mostly your neither,so breathing exchange generosity take some preparation. Learn to think this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness to person being it is offered his degree humility, goodness, surprise, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger .

One year I rode my bicycle across America, in the evenings ,I scout houses for a likely yard to camping .I ring the bell and say I'd like to pitch my tent tonight while I have permission. I've just sit for dinner and I'll be gone the first thing in the morning. I was never turned away ,not once ,and there was always more. Like invitation into their home . My job at that moment was clear, I would relate my adventure, and retelling what happened so far. They would get to my carelessly ride bicycle across America. As I secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would get a place to camp and a dish of icecream .

When the America flows and flows both ways, with each gift with threats benevolence both giver and reception. I've only slowly came to realize that good givers were those who learned to receive as grace as well . it really / a sense of being indeded instead of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all at the receiving end of a huge gift simply by being alive. Yet most of us are no good of being helpless, humble or indeded. As with my hitchhiking rides, the gift is an extravagant gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soil the past, broken the heart, helpless the world. I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves enough to lead it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for this I believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a christmas card he sent out this past year. To see it visit our website NPR.org, slash This I Believe, where you also find information on summit in your own statement of believe, join in the tens of thousands we'll accept that invitation, for this i believe, i'm J Alison.

This I Believe is independently produced by J Alison, Dan Gaderman, John Grogery and Viggy Marig.

Support for NPR comes from prodential retirement sponsor of This I Believe. Prodential believes every worker can achieve more secure retirement, prodential retirement will believes matter.

You never know until you try, and you never try until
you really try!
fighting~ :)
on incambrain77

I believe in mystery.
I believe in family .
This I believe .

I am J Alison for This I believe .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the Whole Review and founding editor of Wired Magazine where now holds the title Senior Maveric, he has a fondness for travel and he has spent years wandering in the company of strangers,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for This I believe .

When I was in my 20s,I would hitchhike to walk everyday, and walked down 3 blocks,to route 22 in New Jersey,stick out my thumb, and wait for a ride to work.Someone always picked me up, and I was never late. Each morning I counted on the service of ordinary commuters who had lives for their own worries,and yet without fail, at least one of them would do something generous as if on schedule .

As my thumb out stretched ,the only question in my mind was simply 'how would the miracle happen today'? Shortly after that job , I took my wages and squeeze for Asia . I've lost track of the number of generous acts and meaning there . But they arrived as dependably as my daily has tracking miracle. I've developed belief about what happens in these moments, it goes like this .Kindness is like a breath, it can be squeezed out or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger ,takes a certain state of openness ,if you are lost or ill,this is easy. But mostly your neither,so in breathing extreme generosity, take some preparation. Learn to think this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness to person being it is offered his degree humility, indeedness, surprise, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger .

One year I rode my bicycle across America, in the evenings ,I scout houses for a likely yard to camping .I ring the bell and say I'd like to pitch my tent tonight while I have permission. I've just sit for dinner and I'll be gone the first thing in the morning. I was never turned away ,not once ,and there was always more. Like invitation into their home . My job at that moment was clear, I was to relate my adventure, and retelling what happened so far. They would get to my carelessly ride bicycle across America. / I secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would get a place to camp and a dish of icecream .

When the America flows and flows both ways, with each gift with threats, benevolence, knottings both giver and recepting. I've only slowly came to realize that good givers were those who learned to receive as grace as well . They really / a sense of being indebted instead of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all at the receiving end of a huge gift simply by being alive. Yet most of us are no good of being helpless, humble or indebted. As with my hitchhiking rides, the gift is an extravagant gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soil the past, broken the heart, helliss the wall. I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves enough to lead it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for this I believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a christmas card he sent out this past year. To see it visit our website NPR.org, slash This I Believe, where you also find information on summit in your own statement of belief .join in the tens of thousands we'll accept that invitation, for this i believe, i'm J Alison.

This I Believe is independently produced by J Alison, Dan Gaderman, John Grogery and Viggy Marig.

Support for NPR comes from prodential retirement sponsor of This I Believe. Prodential believes every worker can achieve more secure retirement, prodential retirement will believes matter.

Only time can tell everything.
on fancy_june

I believe in mystery.
I believe in family .
This I believe .

I am J Alison for This I believe .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the Whole Review and founding editor of Wired Magazine where he now holds the title Senior Maveric, he has a fondness for travel and he has spent years wandering in the company of strangers,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for This I believe .

When I was in my 20s,I would hitchhike to walk everyday, and walked down 3 blocks,to Route 22 in New Jersey,stick out my thumb, and wait for a ride to work.Someone always picked me up, and I was never late. Each morning I counted on the service of ordinary commuters who had lives for their own worries,and yet without fail, at least one of them would do something generous as if it's on schedule .

As I stood, there was my thumb out stretched ,the only question in my mind was simply 'how would the miracle happen today'? Shortly after that job , I took my wages and squeeze for Asia . I've lost track of the number of generous acts and meaning there . But they arrived as dependably as my daily hitchhiking miracle. I've developed the belief about what happens in these moments, it goes like this .Kindness is like a breath, it can be squeezed out or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger ,takes a certain state of openness ,if you are lost or ill,this is easy. But most of case you are neither ,so in breathing extreme generosity, take some preparation. Learn to think this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness to person being it is offered his degree humility,indeedness,surprise, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger .

One year I rode my bicycle across America, in the evenings ,I scout houses for a likely yard to camping .I ring the bell and say I'd like to pitch my tent tonight where I have permission. I've just sit for dinner and I'll be gone the first thing in the morning. I was never turned away ,not once ,and there was always more. Like an invitation into their home . My job at that moment was clear, I was to relate my adventure, and retelling what happened so far. They would get to my carelessly ride bicycle across America. / I secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would get a place to camp and a dish of icecream .

When the miracle flows and flows both ways, with each gift with threats, benevolence,knottings both giver and recepient. I've only slowly become to realize that good givers were those who learned to receive as grace as well . They are really / a sense of being indebted instead of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all at the receiving end of a huge gift simply by being alive. Yet most of us are no good at being helpless, humble or indebted. As with my hitchhiking rides, the gift is an extravagant gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soil the past, broken the heart, helliss the wall I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves enough to lead it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for this I believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a christmas card he sent out this past year. To see it visit our website NPR.org/thisibelieve, where you also find information on submitting your own statement of belief .join in the tens of thousands who'll accept that invitation, for this i believe, i'm J Alison.

This I Believe is independently produced by J Alison, Dan Gaderman, John Grogery and Viki Merrick.

Support for NPR comes from prodential retirement sponsor of This I Believe. Prodential believes every worker can achieve a more secure retirement, prodential retirement where beliefs matter.

我爱罗*英俊
实现无障碍英语沟通
luoyingjun smile.gif

I believe in mystery.
I believe in family .
This I believe .

I am Jay Alison for This I believe .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the Whole Review and founding editor of Wired Magazine where he now holds the title Senior Maveric, he has a fondness for travel and he has spent years wandering in the company of strangers,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for This I believe .

When I was in my 20s,I would hitchhike to walk everyday, and walked down 3 blocks,to Route 22 in New Jersey,stick out my thumb, and wait for a ride to work.Someone always picked me up, and I was never late. Each morning I counted on the service of ordinary commuters who had lives full of their own worries,and yet without fail, at least one of them would do something generous, as if it's on schedule .

As I stood there was my thumb outstretched ,the only question in my mind was simply 'how would the miracle happen today'?

Shortly after that job , I took my wages and split for Asia . I've lost track of the number of generous acts aimed at me there . But they arrived as dependably as my daily hitchhiking miracle. I've developed a belief about what happens in these moments, it goes like this:Kindness is like a breath. It can be squeezed out or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger takes a certain state of openness ,if you are lost or ill,this is easy. But most of days you are neither ,so embracing extreme generosity, take some preparation. Learn to think this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness ,the person being aided offers his degree of humility,indeedness,surprise, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger .

One year I rode my bicycle across America, in the evenings ,I scout houses for a likely yard to camp in.I ring the bell and say I'd like to pitch my tent tonight where I have permission. I've just eaten dinner and I'll be gone the first thing in the morning. I was never turned away ,not once ,and there was always more. Like an invitation into their home . My job at that moment was clear, I was to relate my adventure, and retelling what happened so far. They would get to vicariously ride bicycle across America, a thrill they secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would get a place to camp and a dish of icecream .

When the miracle flows ,it flows both ways, with each gift with threats of benevolence are knotted ,snaring both giver and recepient. I've only slowly become to realize that good givers were those who learn to receive as grace as well . They radiate a sense of being indebted and a state of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all at the receiving end of a huge gift simply by being alive. Yet most of us are no good at being helpless, humble or indebted. As with my hitchhiking rides, the gift is an extravagant gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soiled the past, broken the heart, helliss the wall I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves enough to lead it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for This I believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a christmas card he sent out this past year. To see it visit our website NPR.org/thisibelieve, where you also find information on submitting your own statement of belief .join in the tens of thousands who'll accept that invitation, for This I Believe, I'm Jay Alison.

This I Believe is independently produced by Jay Alison, Dan Gaderman, John Grogery and Viki Merrick.

Support for NPR comes from prodential retirement sponsor of This I Believe. Prodential believes every worker can achieve a more secure retirement, prodential retirement where beliefs matter.

You never know until you try, and you never try until
you really try!
fighting~ :)
普特听力大课堂
on icecambian77

I believe in mystery.
I believe in family .
This I believe .

I am Jay Alison for This I believe .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the Whole Review and founding editor of Wild Magazine where he now holds the title Senior Maverick, he has a fondness for travel and he has spent years wandering in the company of strangers,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for This I believe .

When I was in my 20s,I would hitchhike to walk everyday, and walked down 3 blocks,to Route 22 in New Jersey,stick out my thumb, and wait for a ride to work.Someone always picked me up, and I was never late. Each morning I counted on the service of ordinary commuters who had lives full of their own worries,and yet without fail, at least one of them would do something generous, as if it's on schedule .

As I stood there with my thumb outstretched ,the only question in my mind was simply 'how would the miracle happen today'?

Shortly after that job , I took my wages and split for Asia . I've lost track of the number of generous acts aimed at me there . But they arrived as dependably as my daily hitchhiking miracle. I've developed a belief about what happens in these moments, it goes like this:Kindness is like a breath. It can be squeezed out or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger takes a certain state of openness ,if you are lost or ill,this is easy. But most days you are neither ,so embracing extreme generosity, take some preparation. Learn to think this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness ,the person being aided offers his degree of humility,indeedness,surprise, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger .

One year I rode my bicycle across America, in the evenings ,I scout houses for a likely yard to camp in.I ring the bell and say I'd like to pitch my tent tonight where I have permission. I've just eaten dinner and I'll be gone the first thing in the morning. I was never turned away ,not once ,and there was always more. Like an invitation into their home . My job at that moment was clear, I was to relate my adventure, and retelling what happened so far. They would get to vicariously ride bicycle across America, a thrill they secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would get a place to camp and a dish of icecream .

When the miracle flows ,and flows both ways, with each gift with threats of benevolence are knotted ,snaring both giver and recepient. I've only slowly become to realize that good givers were those who learn to receive as grace as well . They radiate a sense of being indebted and a state of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all at the receiving end of a huge gift simply by being alive. Yet most of us are no good at being helpless, humble or indebted. As with my hitchhiking rides, the gift is an extravagant gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soiled the past, broken the heart, helliss the wall I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves enough to let it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for This I believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a christmas card he sent out this past year. To see it visit our website NPR.org/thisibelieve, where you'll also find information on submitting your own statement of belief .joining in the tens of thousands who'll accept that invitation, for This I Believe, I'm Jay Alison.

好栏目推荐之美国口语俚语
I believe in mystery
I believe in the family
I believe in being who I am
And I believe in the power of faliure and I believe normal life is extraodinnary
This “I believe” I am J Alison for this “I believe”
Kevin Keli is the former editor of the whole Review and the founding editor of Wierd magazine while he now holds the title”Senior Mavericks”.He has a fondness for a travel and he has spent years wondering in the company of strangers which is where he came to define his beliefs. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for this “ I believe”

When I was in my twenties, I would hitch-hike to work every day and walk down three blocks to route 22 in Mew Jersey stick out my thumb and wait for a ride arriveto work. Someone always picked me up. I was never late. Each mornig, I counted on the service of ordinary cummuters who had lifes full of their own worries and yet without fail at least one of them would do somethin generous as if on schedule. As I stood, there was with my thumb outstretched. The only question in my mind was simply “how will would the miracle happen today?”.

Shortly after that job, I took my wages and split for Asia. I have lost track of the number of generous acts and I need there aimed at me. But there arrived independently is my daily hitch-hiking miracle but they arrived dependably as my daily hitch hiking miracle.

I have developed a belief of about what happens in these moments and itgoes like this Kindness is like a breath. It can be squeezed out or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger takes a certain state of openness. If you feel lost or ill, this is easy. The most days you are neither, So embracing extreme generosity takes some preparation. Learn to think of this as a exchange.During the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness, the person being aideded offers his degree of humanity, indeedness.surprises, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger. One year, I rode my bicycle across America . In the evenings, I scout houses for a likely yard to camp in and ring the bell and said I ‘d like to pitch my tent tonight where I have permission I have just eaten dinner just eat a dineer and I will be gone thr first thing in the moring. I was never turned away not once and it was always more like a invitation into their home. My job at that moment was clear. I was to relate my adventure and retelling what had happened so far.. They would get to vicarious ride bicycles across the America.A thrill secretly desired that we never do. In exchange,I will get a place to camp and a dish of icecream.When the miracle flows and flows both ways with each gifts with threats of benevolence are knotted.snaring both givers and receipions.I have only slowly come to realize that good givers are those who learn to receive as grace as well. The real sense of being Indeed They radiate a sense of being indebted and a state of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all atthe receiving end of the huge gift simply by being alive.Yet most of us are not good at being helpless humble or indebted.

As with my hitchhiking ride,the gift is an extravegant gesture you can count on no matter how bad the weather soiled the past, broken the heart hellied the wall. I believe all that is behing the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves enough to let it.

on chacha22
I believe in mystery.
I believe in family .
This I believe .

I am Jay Alison for This I believe .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the Whole Review and founding editor of Wild Magazine where he now holds the title Senior Maverick, he has a fondness for travel and he has spent years wandering in the company of strangers,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for This I believe .

When I was in my 20s,I would hitchhike to walk everyday, and walked down 3 blocks to Route 22 in New Jersey,stick out my thumb, and wait for a ride to work.Someone always picked me up, and I was never late. Each morning I counted on the service of ordinary commuters who had lives full of their own worries,and yet without fail, at least one of them would do something generous, as if it's on schedule .

As I stood there with my thumb outstretched ,the only question in my mind was simply 'how would the miracle happen today'?

Shortly after that job , I took my wages and split for Asia . I've lost track of the number of generous acts aimed at me there . But they arrived as dependably as my daily hitchhiking miracle. I've developed a belief about what happens in these moments, it goes like this:Kindness is like a breath. It can be squeezed out or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger takes a certain state of openness ,if you are lost or ill,this is easy. But most days you are neither ,so embracing extreme generosity, take some preparation. Learn to think this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness ,the person being aided offers degrees of humility,indebtedness,surprise, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger .

One year I rode my bicycle across America, in the evenings ,I scout houses for a likely yard to camp in.I ring the bell and say I'd like to pitch my tent tonight would I have permission, I've just eaten dinner and I'll be gone the first thing in the morning. I was never turned away ,not once ,and there was always more. Like an invitation into their home . My job at that moment was clear, I was to relate my adventure, and a retelling of what happened so far. They would get to vicariously ride a bicycle across America, a thrill they secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would get a place to camp and a dish of icecream .

When the miracle flows ,and flows both ways, with each gift with threads of benevolence are knotted ,snaring both giver and recepient. I've only slowly come to realize that good givers were those who learn to receive with grace as well . They radiate a sense of being indebted and a state of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all at the receiving end of a huge gift simply by being alive. Yet most of us are no good at being helpless, humble or indebted. As with my hitchhiking rides, the gift is an extravagant gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soiled the past, broken the heart, helliss the wall I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves enough to let it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for This I believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a christmas card he sent out this past year. To see it visit our website NPR.org/thisibelieve, where you'll also find information on submitting your own statement of belief .joining in the tens of thousands who'll accept that invitation, for This I Believe, I'm Jay Alison.

on ruibarca

I believe in mystery.
I believe in family .
This I believe .

I am Jay Alison for This I believe .Kevin Kelly is the former editor of the Whole Earth Review and the founding editor of Wired Magazine where he now holds the title Senior Maverick, he has a fondness for travel and he has spent years wandering in the company of strangers,which is where he came to define his belief. Here is Kevin Kelly with his essay for This I believe .

When I was in my 20s,I would hitchhike to work everyday. I'd walk down the 3 blocks to Route 22 in New Jersey, stick out my thumb, and wait for a ride to work.Someone always picked me up, and I was never late. Each morning I counted on the service of ordinary commuters who had lives full of their own worries,and yet without fail, at least one of them would do something generous, as if / on schedule .

Shortly after that job , I took my wages and split for Asia . I've lost track of the number of generous acts aimed at me there . But they arrived as dependably as my daily hitchhiking miracle. I've developed a belief about what happens in these moments, and it goes like this:Kindness is like a breath. It can be squeezed out or drawn in. To solicit a gift from a stranger takes a certain state of openness ,if you are lost or ill,this is easy. But most days you are neither ,so embracing extreme generosity, take some preparation. Learn to think of this as an exchange ,during the moment the stranger offers his or her goodness ,the person being aided offers degrees of humility,indebtedness,surprise, trust, delight, relief and amusement to the stranger .

One year I rode my bicycle across America, in the evenings ,I'd scout houses for a likely yard to camp in.I'd ring the bell and say I'd like to pitch my tent tonight where I have permission, I've just eaten dinner and I'll be gone the first thing in the morning. I was never turned away ,not once ,and there was always more. Like an invitation into their home . My job at that moment was clear, I was to relate my adventure, and in the retelling of what happened so far. They would get to vicariously ride a bicycle across America, a thrill they secretly desired but would never do. In exchange I would get a place to camp and a dish of icecream .

When the miracle flows ,and flows both ways, with each gift the threads of benevolence are knotted ,snaring both giver and recepient. I've only slowly come to realize that good givers were those who learn to receive with grace as well . They radiate a sense of being indebted and a state of being thankful. As a matter of fact, we are all at the receiving end of a huge gift simply by being alive. Yet most of us are no good at being helpless, humble or indebted. As with my hitchhiking rides, the gift is an extravagant gesture you can count on. No matter how bad the weather, soiled the past, broken the heart, hellish the war I believe all that is behind the universe is conspiring to help us if we were humble ourselves enough to let it.

Kevin Kelly, with his essay for This I believe, which by the way is a condensed version of a Christmas card he sent out this past year. To see it visit our website NPR.org/thisibelieve, where you'll also find information on submitting your own statement of belief, joining / the tens of thousands who've accepted that invitation, for This I Believe, I'm Jay Alison.

高举多主题版前任各位版主和热心人士的大旗,将多主题版继续发扬光大!
要不要进来坐坐?
返回列表