只用一本书提高英语听力能力!重温经典名著双语阅读小编推荐:跟着纪录片学英语不背单词和语法,轻松学英语
返回列表 回复 发帖

[英伦广角] 【整理】2010-08-15 London Exhibition: Rude Britannia

提高英语听力能力 找对方法很重要!

[英伦广角] 【整理】2010-08-15 London Exhibition: Rude Britannia

本帖最后由 quanyingbao19 于 2010-8-22 00:36 编辑

user posted image
粗鲁的大不列颠

Can high art and cheap laughs go together? There's a new exhibtition in London called Rude Britannia - and Sky's Lucy MacDonald has been taking a look round.

[flv]http://download.putclub.com/newupdate/multitopic/British_Vision/putclub.com_2010bv032Rude Britannia.flv[/flv]
user posted image

【电信1】 RealVideo / mp3

【电信2】 RealVideo / mp3

【网通/教育网】 RealVideo / mp3

点击进入英伦广角整理稿汇总页面

点击进入多主题版块听写规则(新手必读)

版主提示:
一、若是自己的听写稿, 请发帖时标注'Homework'.
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
三、为了达到最快的下载速度,推荐使用迅雷高速下载本站音频/视频材料.

quanyingbao19在 整理的参考文本:
Art galleries aren't normally the place to go if you fancy a laugh. But an exhibition at Tate Britain is proving an exception. Rude Britannia is a collection of comic art from the 17th century to the present day. From William Hogarth's " Rake’s Progress" to Margaret Thatcher’s "Spitting Image" puppet, to the frankly "Absurd".

Tate Britain teamed up with guest curators including Gerald Scarfe, Harry Hill and the editors of Viz to look at how comedy in paintings, postcards and puppets has shaped our society.

"Well, British comic art, I think, is in a great tradition. And you think of "Carry On" films, and you think of thing right back to Hogarth and Gillray how they criticized the people in the elite, the leaders and politicians, and so forth. And I think that's very healthy, really."

Artists know there's no better way to encourage people to think than through laughter. Some of the methods they've used are innovative, to say the least.

"There is a chamber pot in the early 19th century which gives you the chance to, well, let's say, kind of comment on the tyranny of Napoleon, because Napoleon’s bust features in the bottom of this chamber pot, so if you use it, then you end up, well, defacing, let's say, Napoleon.”

Over the last half century Scarfe has helped politicians to account through his clever, but often brutal cartoons. He famously portrayed Margaret Thatcher as a fang-toothed pterodactyl and is enjoying the fresh meat of the Coalition Government.

"I always draw Cameron as sort of, part of the Bullingdon, an Old Etonian the Bullingdon Club. I draw him in the Bullingdon Club outfit always. He's got a kind of high forehead. What a big nose really, and pouch dangle eyes and his jaws, I think, are getting lower and lower and then getting sort of heavier and heavier down here. He's sort of thickening up with the effect of power upon him."

As the saying goes, a picture paints a thousand words.

Lucy McDonald, Sky News.

quanyingbao19在 整理的生词:
Tate Britain: 泰特英国美术馆

Tate Britain is an art gallery situated on Millbank in London, and part of the Tate gallery network in Britain, with Tate Modern, Tate Liverpool and Tate St Ives. It is the oldest gallery in the network, opening in 1897. It houses a substantial collection of the works of J.M.W. Turner.

Rude Britannia: 粗鲁的大不列颠

《粗鲁的大不列颠:英国漫画艺术》展日前正在伦敦泰特美术馆举行。该展览精选17世纪至今英国漫画艺术的历史片刻,呈现250多年来那些用夸张和喜剧手法描绘社会现象及政治人物的漫画作品。

William Hogarth: 威廉·豪格斯(漫画“鼻祖”)

William Hogarth (10 November 1697 - 26 October 1764) was an English painter, printmaker, pictorial satirist, social critic and editorial cartoonist who has been credited with pioneering western sequential art.

Margaret Thatcher:撒切尔(很熟悉了)

British stateswoman; first woman to serve as Prime Minister (born in 1925)

Absurd: 荒谬(展览的一个部分)

the Rude Britannia Exhibition is divided into six sections, including British Comic Art; Social Satire and the Grotesque; Politics; The Bawdy; The Worship of Bacchus and The Absurd.  So the "Absurd " is one section of the exhibition. The Absurd shows the wide variety of absurd comic art through objects that fit this description; art showing the humanisation of inanimate objects and animals, or involving strange or apparently useless items.

Curators:(博物馆、展览馆等的) 馆长, 主持

one who has the care and superintendence of something especially :one in charge of a museum, zoo, or other place of exhibit.

Gerald Scarfe: 杰拉德·斯卡夫(政治漫画家)
Gerald Anthony Scarfe, CBE, RDI, (born 1 June 1936 in St John's Wood, London) is an English cartoonist and illustrator.  More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Scarfe

Harry Hill:哈里希尔 (英国喜剧演员、作家和电视主持人)

Harry Hill (born Matthew Keith Hall 1 October 1964), is an English comedian, author and television presenter. More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Hill

Viz:英国非常流行的喜剧杂志

Viz is a popular British comic magazine which has been running since 1979. More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz_(comic)

Carry On:继续(长篇电视剧集)

"Carry On" is a long-running series of low-budget British comedy films, directed by Gerald Thomas and produced by Peter Rogers. They are an energetic mix of parody, farce, slapstick and double entendres. More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_(film_series)

Gillray: 詹姆斯·雅瑞(英国著名漫画家)

James Gillray, sometimes spelled Gilray (13 August 1757 – 1 June 1815), was a British caricaturist and printmaker famous for his etched political and social satires, mainly published between 1792 and 1810. More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillray

Tyranny: 暴君

the government of an absolute ruler;  2. oppressive government; unjust government;  3. cruel and unjust use of authority; harshness; severity; despotism

Napoleon:拿破仑(大家都很熟悉)

Bust:n. 半身像, 胸部, 萧条, 破产 v. 打碎

1:a sculptured representation of the upper part of the human figure including the head and neck and usually part of the shoulders and breast2:the upper part of the human torso between neck and waist especially :the breasts of a woman

Feature:n.特征[ pl.]相貌;特写;故事片 vt.突出

transitive verb1chiefly dialect:to resemble in features2:to picture or portray in the mind :IMAGINE3 a:to give special prominence to <the exhibit features local artists> b :to have as a characteristic or feature <a menu featuring many options>intransitive verb:to play an important part

Deface: vt. 损伤 ... 的外观, 损害, 磨损, 涂销

1:to mar the appearance of :injure by effacing significant details <deface an inscription>2:IMPAIR

Fang:n.(毒蛇的)尖牙
a long sharp tooth

Pterodactyl:翼指龙

any of various pterosaurs (suborder Pterodactyloidea) of the Late Jurassic and Cretaceous having a rudimentary tail and a beak with reduced dentition broadly :PTEROSAUR

Cameron:大卫卡梅伦

David William Donald Cameron is the current Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, First Lord of the Treasury, and Leader of the Conservative Party. He is the Member of Parliament (MP) for Witney. MORE AT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cameron

Bullingdon: 布灵顿俱乐部

The Bullingdon Club is a socially exclusive student dining club at Oxford University, without any permanent rooms, infamous for its members' wealth and destructive binges. Membership is by invitation only, and prohibitively expensive for most, given the need to pay for the uniform, dinners and damages.

Old Etonian: 老伊顿人

Past pupils of Eton College are known as Old Etonians.  

a picture paints a thousand words: 一图胜千言

下载LRC文件

普特在线文本比较普特在线听音查字普特在线拼写检查普特文本转音频

Whatever you can do or dream you can,
begin it;
Boldness has genius,power and magic in it!

[Homework]2010-08-15 London Exhibition: Rude Britannia

本帖最后由 quanyingbao19 于 2010-8-15 10:43 编辑

希望来听写的童鞋不要贪头贴,而听写不完全,我们不提倡如此!感谢来听写,以后请不要中途放弃或偷工减料。

Art galleries on normally the place to go if you fancy a love.But the exhibition that take Briton is proving an exception. Rude Britannia is a collectioner of pramic art from seventeen century to the present day.
From William hold of the rates progress to Mogrey Fesh's beating, image puppet to the frankly, absurd.
Tate Briton tin dot the gescuraters including general scarf, hurry heel and the adjectives of vase to the comedy in paintings,postcards and puppets has shaped our society.
Well, British comic art are at a great tradition.And you think carry on *
Artists know there's no better way to encourage people to think and prelaughter.Some of the matters they used are innerative to say the least.
Over the last half century scarfs have helped politition to account, to his clever, but often cartoon.
As the saying goes, the picture pays a thousand words.

This post was generated by put listening repetition system,  Check the original dictation thread!
立即获取| 免费注册领取外教体验课一节

本帖最后由 人飘飘 于 2010-8-15 12:04 编辑

Art galleries aren't normally the place to go if you're fancy enough.But an exhibition at Tate Briton is proving an exception. Rude Britannia is a collection of comic art from the 17th century to the present day.
From William Hogarth's ? progress to Magaret Thather's spitting image puppet,to the frankly-- absurd. Tate Briton teamed up with guest curators including Jerold Scarfe, Harry Hill and the editors of ?Vise. to look at how comedy in paintings,postcards and puppets has shaped our society. "Well, British comic art, I think, is in a great tradition.And you think of  carry on the films, you think of going right back to Hogarth and Gil? how they criticize the people in the, the elitely leaders, politician, and so forth. And I think that's really healthy, really".  Artists know there's no better way to encourage people to think than through laughter.Some of the methods they've used are innovative, to say the least.There is a chamber pot? from the early 19th century which gives you the chance to,well, say,kind of comment on the tyranny of Napolean, because Napolean's bust feature is in the bottom of its chamber pot cell is amusing?. Defacing, let's say, Napolean. Over the last half century Scarfe has helped politition to account through his clever, but often brutal cartoons. The famously portayed Margaret Thather is a fang-toothed tarr? and is enjoying the fresh meat of the coalition government. By always draw Cameron as sort of, part of the Bullingdon, an old ? Bullingdon club, I draw him in the Bullingdon Club outfit always. He's got kind of high forehead. What a big nose really.and ? and his jaws, I think, are getting lower and lower and then got sort of heavier and heavier down here. He's sort of thickening up with the effect of power upon him. As the saying goes, "A picture paints a thousand words". Lucy McDonald. Sky News.

评分次数

实现无障碍英语沟通
本帖最后由 194cm 于 2010-8-15 12:20 编辑

HW

Art galleries aren’t normally the place to go if you fancy a laugh. But an exhibition at Tate Britain is proving an exception. Rude Britannia is a collection of comic art from the 17th century to the present day.

From William Hogarth’s A Rake’s Progress to Margaret Thatcher’s Spitting Image Puppet to the frankly “Absurd”

Tate Britain teamed up with guest curators including Gerald Scarfe, Harry Hill and the editors of Viz to look at how comedy in paintings, postcards and puppets had shaped our society.

“Well, British comic art, I think, is in a great tradition. You think of carrying on a film and you think of going right back to Hogarth, Gillray, Benny Hill.
They criticized the people in the elite to the leaders, and the politicians and so forth. And I think that’s very healthy really.

Artists know there is no better way to encourage people to think than through laughter. And some of the matters they’ve used are innovate to say the least.

“There is a chamber pot from the early 19 century which gives you the chance to, well let’s say, kind of comment on the tyranny of Napoleon because Napoleon’s best feature is in the bottom of this chamber pot; so if you use it, then you end up, well, effacing, let’s say Napoleon’s …”

Over the last half century, Scarfe has held politicians to account through his clever, but often brutal cartoons. He famously portrayed Margaret Thatcher as a fan tooth Pterodactyl and is enjoying the fresh meet of the coalition government.

I always draw Cameroon as, sort of, part of the Bullingdon. I already T* the Bullingdon Club; I draw him in the Bullilngdon Club outfield always. He’s got a kind of far high forehead, what a big nose really, and the P* guides and his jowls I think are getting lower and lower, they’re getting sort of heavier and heavier down here. He is sort of thickening up with the effect of power upon it.

As the saying goes, a picture paints 1000 words.

痛苦...

评分次数

• quanyingbao19

口译专员推荐—>口译训练软件IPTAM口译通
本帖最后由 KingSrain 于 2010-8-15 12:59 编辑

On 人飘飘

Art galleries aren't normally the place to go if you fancy a laugh.But an exhibition at Tate Britain is proving an exception. Rude Britannia is a collection of comic art from the 17th century to the present day. From William Hogarth's raid progress to Margaret Thather's spitting image puppet,to the Frankley -- absurd.

Tate Britain teamed up with guest curators including Gerald Scarfe, Harry Hill and the editors of Viz to look at how comedy in paintings,postcards and puppets has shaped our society.

Well, British comic art, I think, is in a great tradition.And you think of carry on the films,and you think of thing right back to Hogarth and Gillary how they criticize the people in the, the elitely leaders, politicians, and so forth. And I think that's really healthy, really.  

Artists know there's no better way to encourage people to think than through laughter.Some of the methods they've used are innovative, to say the least.There is a chamber pot in the early 19th century which gives you the chance to,well, it is said,kind of comment on the tyranny of Napolean, because Napolean's bust feature is in the bottom of its chamber pot  (这里没听清楚)use it,then you... Well, defacing, let's say, Napolean.

Over the last half century Scarfe has helped politicians to account through his clever, but often brutal cartoons. He famously protrayed Margaret Thather is a fang-toothed pterodactyl and is enjoying the fresh meat of the Coalition Government. I always draw Cameron as sort of, part of the Bullington, an old Bullingdon club. I draw him in the Bullington Club outfit always. He's got kind of high forehead. What a big nose really, and pouch dig eyes and his jaws, I think, are getting lower and lower and then got sort of heavier and heavier down here. He's sort of thickening up with the effect of power upon him.

As the saying goes, the picture paints a thousand words. Lucy McDonald. Sky News.

Bullington Club: The Bullingdon Club is a socially exclusive student dining club at Oxford University, without any permanent rooms, infamous for its members' wealth and destructive binges.

评分次数

• quanyingbao19

homework
Art galleries aren't normally the place to go if you're fancy a laugh.But an exhibition at Tate Briton is proving an exception. Rude Britannia is a collection of comic art from the 17th century to the present day.

From William Hogarth's rates progress to Magaret Thatcher's spitting image puppet,to the frankly, absurd.
Tate Briton teamed up with guest curators including Jerold Scarfe, Harry Hill and the editors of vase to look at how comedy in paintings,postcards and puppets has shaped our society.
Well, British comic art, I think, is a great tradition, and you think of carry on the films, you think of going right back to Hogarth and Gillray how they criticize the people in the, the elitely leaders, politician, and so forth. And I think that's really healthy, really.
Artist know there's no better way to encourage people to think than through laughter.Some of the methods they've used are innovative, to say the least.
There is a chamber pot in the early 19th century which gives you the chance to,well,it say,kind of comment on the tyranny of Napolean, because Napolean's bust feature is in the bottom of its chamber pot cell is ... Defacing, let's say, Napolean.
Over the last half century Scarf has helped politition to account through his clever, but often brutal cartoons. He famously portrayed Margaret Thatcher is a fang-tooth ...  and is enjoying the fresh meat of the coalition government.
By always draw Cameron as sort of, part of the Bullington, an old  Bullingdon club, I draw him in the Bullingdon Club outfit always. He's got kind of high forehead. What a big nose really.and ..their guys and his jaw, I think, are getting lower and lower and then got sort of heavier and heavier down here. He's sort of thickening up with the effect of power upon him. As the saying goes, A picture paints a thousand words.
Lucy McDonald. Sky News.

This post was generated by put listening repetition system,  Check the original dictation thread!

评分次数

On KingSrain
Art galleries aren't normally the place to go if you fancy a laugh. But an exhibition at Tate Britain is proving an exception. Rude Britannia is a collection of comic art from the 17th century to the present day. From William Hogarth's Rake’s Progress to Margaret Thatcher’s spitting image puppet, to the Frankly -- absurd.

Tate Britain teamed up with guest curators including Gerald Scarfe, Harry Hill and the editors of Viz to look at how comedy in paintings, postcards and puppets has shaped our society.

“Well, British comic art, I think, is in a great tradition. And you think of carry on the films, and you think of thing right back to Hogarth and
Gillray how they criticize the people in the, the elitely leaders, politicians, and so forth. And I think that's very healthy, really.”

Artists know there's no better way to
be encouraging people to think than through laughter. Some of the methods they've used are innovative, to say the least.

“There is a chamber pot in the early 19th century which gives you the chance to, well, it is said, kind of comment on the tyranny of Napoleon, because Napoleon’s bust feature is in the bottom of its chamber pot, so if you use it, then you end up... Well, defacing, let's say, Napoleon.”

Over the last half century Scarfe has helped politicians to account through his clever, but often brutal cartoons. He famously
portrayed Margaret Thatcher as a fang-toothed pterodactyl and is enjoying the fresh meat of the Coalition Government.

“I always draw Cameron as sort of, part of the Bullingdon, an Old Etonian the Bullingdon Club. I draw him in the Bullingdon Club outfit always. He's got kind of high forehead. What a big nose really, and pouch dangle eyes and his jaws, I think, are getting lower and lower and then getting sort of heavier and heavier down here. He's sort of thickening up with the effect of power upon him.”

As the saying goes, the picture paints a thousand words. Lucy McDonald. Sky News.

评分次数

• quanyingbao19

实现无障碍英语沟通
感谢Kingsrain关于Bullingdon的解释
文中还提到了old etonian老伊顿
简而言之,布林顿俱乐部就是牛津大学的社团,也就是现任英国首相卡梅隆的毕业院校
而伊顿公学就是他读书的中学,被称为英国首相的摇篮
普特听力大课堂
Homework:

Art galleries aren't normally the place to go if you fancy a laugh, but an exhibition at Tate Britain is proving an exception. Rude Btitannia is a collection of comic art from the 17th century to the presenst day.

From William Hogarth's "Rake's Progress" to Margaret Thatcher's spitting image puppet, to the frankly absurd.

Tate Britain teamed up with caricaturists including Gerald Scarfe, Harry Hill, and the editors of Viz, to look at how comedy and paintings, postcards and puppies has shaped our society.

Well, British comic, I think, is in our great tradition, if you think of carrying on the films and you think of then right back to Hogarth and Gillray how they criticized the people in the elite to the leaders and  the politicians and so forth. And I think that's very healthy, really.

Artists know there's no better to encourage people to think than through laughter. And some of the methods they've used are innovative to say the least.

There's a chamber pot in the early 19th century, which gives you the chance to well, let's say, kind of comment on the tyrany of Napoleon, because  Napoleon's best feature is in the bottom of this chamber pot , so if you use it,  and you end up with,  well, defacing, let's say Napoleon.

OVer the last half century, Scarfe has helped politicians to account through his clever, but often brutal cartoons. The famously portrait Margaret Thatcher as a fang tooth pterodactyl and is enjoying the fresh meat of the coalition government.

I always draw Cameron as sort of a part of Bullingdon and an old italian the Bullingdon Club, and I draw him in the Bullingdon Club outfit always. He's got kind of a par high forehead, uhn, what a big nose really and poached egg eyes, and his jaws I think are getting lower and lower, and they're getting sort of heavier and heavier down here, he's sort of thickening up with the effect of power appointing.

As the saying goes, a picture paints thousand of words. Lucy MacDonald, Sky News.
好栏目推荐之美国口语俚语
homework
Art galleries on normally the place to go if you fancy a love.But the exhibition that take Briton is proving an exception. Rude Britannia is a collectioner of pramic art from seventeen century to the present day.
From William hold of the rates progress to Mogrey Fesh's beating, image puppet to the frankly, absurd.
Tate Briton tin dot the gescuraters including general scarf, hurry heel and the adjectives of vase to the comedy in paintings,postcards and puppets has shaped our society.
Well, British comic art are at a great tradition.And you think carry on *
Artists know there's no better way to encourage people to think and prelaughter.Some of the matters they used are innerative to say the least.
Over the last half century scarfs have helped politition to account, to his clever, but often cartoon.
As the saying goes, the picture pays a thousand words
On 崔花花

Art galleries aren't normally the place to go if you fancy a laugh. But an exhibition at Tate Britain is proving an exception. Rude Britannia is a collection of comic art from the 17th century to the present day. From William Hogarth's Rake’s Progress to Margaret Thatcher’s spitting image puppet, to the Frankly - absurd.

"Well, British comic art, I think, is in a great tradition. And you think of carry on the films, and you think of thing right back to Hogarth and Gillray how they criticize the people in the, the elitely leaders, politicians, and so forth. And I think that's very healthy, really."

Artists know there's no better way to encourage people to think than through laughter. Some of the methods they've used are innovative, to say the least.

"There is a chamber pot in the early 19th century which gives you the chance to, well, it is said, kind of comment on the tyranny of Napoleon, because Napoleon’s bust feature is in the bottom of its chamber pot, so if you use it, then you end up, well, defacing, let's say, Napoleon.”

Over the last half century Scarfe has helped politicians to account through his clever, but often brutal cartoons. He famously portrayed Margaret Thatcher as a fang-toothed pterodactyl and is enjoying the fresh meat of the Coalition Government.

"I always draw Cameron as sort of, part of the Bullingdon, an Old Etonian the Bullingdon Club. I draw him in the Bullingdon Club outfit always. He's got a kind of high forehead. What a big nose really, and pouch dangle eyes and his jaws, I think, are getting lower and lower and then getting sort of heavier and heavier down here. He's sort of thickening up with the effect of power upon him."

As the saying goes, a picture paints a thousand words. Lucy McDonald, Sky News.
返回列表