【迅雷高速】下载
Download mp3

Standard版听写规则(新手必读)

版主提示:
一、若是自己的听写稿, 请发帖时标注'Homework'.
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
三、为了达到最快的下载速度,推荐使用迅雷高速下载本站音频/视频材料.

gafpeyes在 整理的参考文本:

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Barbara Klein.

Winter weather is disrupting holiday travel in the southern US, where some parts are having a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are canceled in and out of Atlanta. And National Weather Service meteorologist Brian Korty says the East Coast should get ready to face the same storm.

"The heaviest amounts from this system are probably gotta occur, probably in eastern portions of North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, and then across the northern Mid-Atlantic region which may include the New York City area, for instance, and then a lot of New England."

Korty predicts snowfall will be so significant that people going to or leaving New England should do it today.

In Bethlehem, thousands gathered in Manger Square in unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade. US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal, but amidst the comradery, many say it's tough being away from home for the holiday.

"It's an honor to serve my country, but it’s also - I hate to miss my family at the same time, so it's 50-50."

Pope Benedict delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning from a balcony overlooking St. Peter's Square. The BBC's David Willey reports the Pope asked for prayers for those suffering religious and political repression.

Pope Benedict prayed for comfort, for oppressed Christian communities in Iraq and other parts of the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in mainland China, for nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.

And the bureau estimates in the last two years the size of ransoms has doubled. Naval warships are trying to provide security in the area and do make arrests, but Captain Pottengal Mukundan of the Maritime Bureau says the area is just too big.

"The Indian Ocean is so vast. There'll simply never be enough warships to come to the systems of ships in this area."

This year, pirates staged attacks as far as 1,400 nautical miles off the Somali coast. Mukundan says he expects pirate attacks to grow in 2011. Frank Langfitt, NPR News, Nairobi.

Thousands gathered in frigid temperatures and light rain to hear Pope Benedict deliver his Christmas Day message from the central balcony of St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. He called for peace in the Middle East and urged Roman Catholics in China and Iraq to resist persecution.

The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan, General David Petraeus, is spending Christmas Day crisscrossing Afghanistan to visit coalition troops stationed at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of Kunduz, where he told troops there's nowhere else he'd rather be than where the focus of the US effort is.

This is NPR News.

The Pakistani army is in the second day of large-scale fighting near the Afghan border. Officials say helicopter gunships and artillery have killed 40 Islamist militants. And in another northwest province, a female suicide bomber killed at least 40 people when she detonated an explosives-laden vest at a food aid distribution center.

India's space agency has suffered a second failure for this year. A rocket carrying a communication satellite exploded just after liftoff today. A similar rocket failed in flight in April. India's planning a manned space flight in 2016.

This year's holiday shopping season is bringing increased sales in e-books and e-book reading devices. Details from NPR's Lynn Neary.

As the holiday shopping season wound down, a widely circulated Bloomberg report estimated that Amazon may sell as may as eight million Kindles in 2010. And it wasn't just the sale of digital reading devices that boomed; sales of e-books also soared. Just six months ago, Amazon reported that it was selling more e-books than hardcovers. And in a year-end letter to employees, the CEO of Random House predicted its worldwide e-book sales would increase by 250 percent over last year. Google entered the e-book market in 2010, getting Amazon some competition and allowing independent bookstores to sell e-books from their own websites. Amazon also got some competition from other digital devices. The Apple iPad, which can also be used to read books, was introduced in the spring. And Barnes & Noble came out with a color version of its e-reading device, the Nook. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

And I'm Barbara Klein, NPR News in Washington.

普特在线文本比较普特在线听音查字普特在线拼写检查普特文本转音频

支持普特英语听力就多多发帖吧!您们的参与是对斑竹工作最大的肯定与支持!如果您觉得还不错,推荐给周围的朋友吧~
本帖最后由 StanStrayer 于 2010-12-26 09:37 编辑

HOMEWORK

Winter weather is disrupting holiday travel in the southern US where some parts are having a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are canceled in and out of Atlanta. And National Weather Service meteorologist Brian Korty says the east coast should get ready to face the same storm.

"The heaviest amounts from this system are probably gotta occur, probably in eastern portions in North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, and then across the northern Mid-Atlantic region which may include the New York City, for instance, and then a lot of New England."

Korty predicts snowfall will be so significant that people going to or leaving New England should do it today.

In Bethlehem, thousands gathered in Manger square and unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade. US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal. But amid the comradery, many say it's tough being away from home for the holiday.

"It's an honor to serve my country, but also, I hate to miss my family at the same time, so it's 50-50."

Pope Benedict delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning from a balcony overlooking St. Peter's Square. The BBC's David Willey reports the pope asked for prayers for those suffering religious and political repression.

Pope Benedict prayed for comfort, for oppressed Christian communities in Iraq and other parts in the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in mainland China,the nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.

And the bill estimates in the last two years, the size of ransoms has doubled. Naval warships are trying to provide security in the area and do make arrests. But Captain Pottengal Mukundan of the Maritime Bureau says the area is just too big.

"The Indian Ocean is so vast. There'll simply never be enough warships to come to the systems of ships in this area."

This year, pirates staged attacks as far as 1,400 nautical miles off the Somali coast. Mukundan says he expects pirate attacks to grow in 2011. Frank Langfitt, NPR News, Nairobi.

Thousands gathered in frigid temperatures and light rain to hear Pope Benedict deliver his Christmas Day message from the central balcony at St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. He called for peace in the Middle East and urged Roman Catholics in China and Iraq to resist persecution.

The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan General David Petraeus is spending Christmas Day crisscrossing Afghanistan to visit coalition troop station at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of Kunduz where he told troops there's nowhere else he'd rather be than where the focus of the US effort is.

This is NPR News.

The Pakistani army is in the second day of large scale fighting near the Afghan border. Officials say helicopter gunships and artillery have killed 40 Islamist militants. And in another northwest province, a female suicide bomber killed at least 40 people when she detonated an explosives-laden vest at a food aid distribution center.

India's space agency has suffered a second failure for this year. A rocket carrying a communication satellite exploded just after liftoff today. A similar rocket failed in flight in April. India's planning a manned space flight in 2016.

This year's holiday shopping season is bringing increased sales in e-books and e-book reading devices. Details from NPR's Lynn Neary.

As the holiday shopping season went down, a widely circulated Bloomberg report estimated that Amazon may sell as may as eight million Kindles in 2010. And it wasn't just the sale of digital reading devices that boomed, sales of e-books also soared. Just six months ago, Amazon reported that it was selling more e-books than hard covers. And in a year-end letter to employees, the CEO of Random House predicted its worldwide e-book sales would increase by 250% over last year. Google entered the e-book market in 2010, getting Amazon some competition and allowing independent book stores to sell e-books from their own websites. Amazon also got some competition from other digital devices. The Apple iPad, which can also be used to read books, was introduced in the spring. And Barnes & Noble came out with a color version of its e-reading device, the Nook. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

评分次数

so i could watch all my heroes sell a car on tv      ❤HXC
立即获取| 免费注册领取外教体验课一节
on 2#

Winter weather is disrupting holiday travel in the southern US where some parts are having a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are canceled in and out of Atlanta. And National Weather Service meteorologist Brian Korty says the east coast should get ready to face the same storm.

"The heaviest amounts from this system are probably gotta occur, probably in eastern portions in North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, and then across the northern Mid-Atlantic region which may include the New York City, for instance, and then a lot of New England."

In Bethlehem, thousands gathered in Manger square and unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade. US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal. But amid the comradery, many say it's tough being away from home for the holiday.

"It's an honor to serve my country, but also, I hate to miss my family at the same time, so it's 50-50."

Pope Benedict delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning from a balcony overlooking St. Peter's Square. The BBC's David Willey reports the pope asked for prayers for those suffering religious and political repression.

Pope Benedict prayed for comfort, for oppressed Christian communities in Iraq and other parts in the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in mainland China,the nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.

And the bill estimates in the last two years, the size of ransoms has doubled. Naval warships are trying to provide security in the area and do make arrests. But Captain Pottengal Mukundan of the Maritime Bureau says the area is just too big.

Thousands gathered in frigid temperatures and light rain to hear Pope Benedict deliver his Christmas Day message from the central balcony at St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. He called for peace in the Middle East and urged Roman Catholics in China and Iraq to resist persecution.

The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan General David Petraeus is spending Christmas Day crisscrossing Afghanistan to visit coalition troop station at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of Kunduz where he told troops there's nowhere else he'd rather be than where the focus of the US effort is.

This is NPR News.

The Pakistani army is in the second day of large scale fighting near the Afghan border. Officials say helicopter gunships and artillery have killed 40 Islamist militants. And in another northwest province, a female suicide bomber killed at least 40 people when she detonated an explosives-laden vest at a food aid distribution center.

As the holiday shopping season wound down, a widely circulated Bloomberg report estimated that Amazon may sell as may as eight million Kindles in 2010. And it wasn't just the sale of digital reading devices that boomed, sales of e-books also soared. Just six months ago, Amazon reported that it was selling more e-books than hard covers. And in a year-end letter to employees, the CEO of Random House predicted its worldwide e-book sales would increase by 250% over last year. Google entered the e-book market in 2010, getting Amazon some competition and allowing independent book stores to sell e-books from their own websites. Amazon also got some competition from other digital devices. The Apple iPad, which can also be used to read books, was introduced in the spring. And Barnes & Noble came out with a color version of its e-reading device, the Nook. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

评分次数

实现无障碍英语沟通
本帖最后由 gloria_3211 于 2010-12-26 16:02 编辑

Homework
        From NPR News in Washington, I’m Barbara Klein.
        Winter weather is disrupting holiday travel in the southern U.S. where some parts are having a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are cancelled in and out of Atlanta and National Weather Service meteorologist Brian Korty says the east coast should get ready to face the same storm.
        “The heaviest amounts from the system probably occurred, probably in eastern Washington, north Carolina, southeast Virgina and that across northern Mid-Atlantic region which means include New York city area, for instance, and then a lot of New England.”
        According to predict, snowfall would be so significant, the people going to or leaving New England should do it today.
        In Bethlehem, thousands gathered in major square unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in the decade.
        U.S. troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed special meal, but amidst the camaraderie, many say it’s a tough being away from home to home for the holiday.
        “It’s an honor to serve my country, but it’s also, I hate to miss my family at the same time, so it’s 50-50.”
        Pope Benedict delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning from the balcony overlooking St. Peter's square. The BBC’s David Willey reports the Pope asked for prayers for those suffering religious and political repression.
        “Pope Benedict prayed for comfort, for Christian communities in Iraq and other parts in the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in Mainland China, for nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.”
        And the bill estimated in the last 2 years, the size of ransoms has doubled. Naval warships are trying to provide security in the area and do make an arrest. But the captain Pottengal Mukundan of Maritime Bureau says the area is just too big.
        “The Indian Ocean is so vast, there simply never be enough warships to come to the systems of ships in this area.”
        This year, pirates staged attacks as far as 1,400 nautical miles off the Somalia coast. Mukundan says he expects pirate attacks to grow in 2011. Frank Langfitt, NPR News, Nairobi.
        Thousands gathered in frigid temperatures and light rain to hear Pope Benedict deliver his Christmas day message from the central balcony of St. Peter Basilica at Vatican. He called for peace and Middle-East and urged Roman Catholics in China and Iraq to resist persecution.
        The top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan General David Petraeus says spending Christmas day crisscrossing Afghanistan to visit coalition troop station at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of Kunduz where he told troops there’s nowhere else he’d rather be than where focus the U.S. effort is. This NPR News.
        The Pakistan army’s in the second day of large scale fighting near the Afghan border. Officials say helicopter gunships and artillery have killed 40 Islamic militants and in another northwest province female suicide bomber killed at least 40 people when she detonated an explosive belt at a food aid distribution center.
        India’s space agency has suffered a second failure for this year. A rocket carrying a communication satellite exploded just after liftoff today. A similar rocket failed in flight in April. India’s planning a manned space flight in 2016.
        This year’s holiday shopping season is bringing increased sales in e-books and e-book reading devices. Details from NPR’s Lynn Neary.
        As the holiday shopping season went down, a widely circulated Bloomberg report estimated that Amazon may sell as many as 8 million Kindles in 2010. And it wasn’t just the sale of digital reading devices boomed, sales of e-books also soared. Just 6 months ago, Amazon reported that they were selling more on e-books than hardcovers. And in a year-letter to employees, the CEO of Random House predicted its worldwide e-book sales would be increase by 250% over the last year.
        Google entered e-book market in 2010, getting Amazon on some competition and allowing independent book stores to sell e-books on their websites. Amazon also got competition from other digital devices. The Apple iPad which can also be used to read books was introduced in the spring. And Barnes & Noble's came out with a color version of its e-reading device, the Nook. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.
        And I’m Barbara Klein, NPR News, in Washington.

评分次数

口译专员推荐—>口译训练软件IPTAM口译通
Winter weather is disrupting holiday travel in the southern US where some parts have a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are cancelled in and out of Atlanta. And the National Weather Service meteorologist Brian Cody says the east coast should be ready to face the same storm.
“The heaviest announced from the system probably has occurred probably in the eastern portion of North Carolina in southeastern Logelia, and then across the northern middle Atlantic region which may cool the New York area for instance. And there is a lot of marine wind.”
Cody predicts the snowfall would be so significant the people going to or are leaving New England should do it today.
In Bethlehem thousands gathered in Manchester Square in an unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade.
US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed the special meal, but amidst comrades many say it’s tough been away from home for the holiday.
“It’s honored to service my country, but it also, I hate to miss my family at the same time. So it’s 50-50.”
Pope Benedict delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning from a balcony overlooking the Saint Peter Square. The BBC’s David Willy reports the Pope bathed for prayers for those suffering religious and political repression.
“Pope Benedict prayed for comfort for a pressed Christian community in Iraq and other parts in the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in Mainland China, for nations suffering from their true disasters in Latin America.”
“I’ll see, and the Bureau estimates that the last 2 years the size of ransoms has doubled. NATO warships are trying to provide security in the area, and do make arrests. /(很奇怪的人名) of Maritime Bureau says the area is just too big.”
“The Indian Ocean is so vast that there is simply never being enough warships to company the systems of ships in this area.”
“This year pirates staged attacks as far as 14,000 nautical miles off the Somali coast. Birgonmi says he expects pirates’ attacks to grow in 2011. Frank Lanphen, NPR news, Nairobi.”
Thousands gathered in frigid temperatures and light swaying to hear Pope Benedict deliver his Christmas Day message from the central balcony of Saint Peter / at Vatican. He called for peace in the Middle East and urged the Roman Catholics in China and Iraq to resist persecution.
The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan General David Patrier is spending Christmas Day crisscrossing Afghanistan to visit coalition troops stationed in some of the major battlefronts. His first stop today was the northern province of Qundus where he told troops there was nowhere else rather be than whether the focus of US effort is. This is NPR news.
The Pakistani army is in the second day of the large-scale fighting near the Afghan border. Officials say helicopter, gunships and artillery have killed 40 Islamist  militants. And another northwest province a female suicide bomber killed at least 40 people where she detonated an explosive-laden vest at a food aid distribution center.
India’s Space Agency has suffered a second failure for this year. A rocket carrying a communication satellite exploded just after a liftoff today. A similar rocket failed in fly in April. India is planning a manned space flight in 2016.
This year’s holiday shopping season is bringing increased sales in e-books and e-book reading devices, details from NPR’s Linda Narre.
“As holiday’s shopping season wound down, a widely circulated Bloomberg report estimated that Amazon may sale as many as 8 million Kindoes in 2010, and wouldn’t just the sale of digital reading devices that boomed, the sales of e-books also soared. Just 6 months ago Amazon reported that it was selling more e-books than hard covers, and in a year of letter to employees CEO Brandon House predicted it’s worldwide e-books sales would increase by 250% over last year. Google entered the e-book market in 2010 giving Amazon some competition and allowing independent bookstores to sell e-books from their own websites. Amazon also has got some competition from other digital devices, the Apple IPAD which can also be used to read books was introduced in the Spring, and Margin Novel came out with a colored version of its e-reading device the Knook, Linda Narre, NPR news, Washington.”

评分次数

From NPR News in Washington, I'm B K.Winter weather is disrupting holiday travel in the southern US where some parts are having a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are canceled in and out of Atlanta. And National Weather Service meteorologist Brian Korty says the east coast should get ready to face the same storm.The heaviest amounts from this system are probably gotta occur, probably in eastern portions in North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, and then across the northern Mid-Atlantic region which may include the New York City, for instance, and then a lot of New England.Korty predicts snowfall will be so significant that people going to or leaving New England should do it today.In Bethlehem, thousands gathered in Manger square and unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade. US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal. But amid the comradery, many say it's tough being away from home for the holiday.It's an honor to serve my country, but also, I hate to miss my family at the same time, so it's 50-50.
P  delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning from a balcony overlooking St. Peter's Square. The BBC's David Willey reports the pope asked for prayers for those suffering religious and political repression.

This is NPR News.

As the holiday shopping season went down, a widely circulated Bloomberg report estimated that Amazon may sell as may as eight million Kindles in 2010. And it wasn't just the sale of digital reading devices that boomed, sales of e-books also soared. Just six months ago, Amazon reported that it was selling more e-books than hard covers. And in a year-end letter to employees, the CEO of Random House predicted its worldwide e-book sales would increase by 250% over last year. Google entered the e-book market in 2010, getting Amazon some competition and allowing independent book stores to sell e-books from their own websites. Amazon also got some competition from other digital devices. The Apple iPad, which can also be used to read books, was introduced in the spring. And Barnes & Noble came out with a color version of its e-reading device, the Nook. L N, NPR News, Washington.

And I'm B K, NPR News in Washington.

评分次数

on stanstrayer

"The heaviest amounts from this system are probably gotta occur, probably in eastern portions of North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, and then across the northern Mid-Atlantic region which may include the New York City area, for instance, and then a lot of New England."

In Bethlehem, thousands gathered in Manger Square in unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade. US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal. But amidst the comradery, many say it's tough being away from home for the holiday.

Pope Benedict prayed for comfort, for oppressed Christian communities in Iraq and other parts in the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in mainland China, for nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.

Thousands gathered in frigid temperatures and light rain to hear Pope Benedict deliver his Christmas Day message from the central balcony of St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. He called for peace in the Middle East and urged Roman Catholics in China and Iraq to resist persecution.

The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan General David Petraeus is spending Christmas Day crisscrossing Afghanistan to visit coalition troop station at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of Kunduz where he told troops there's nowhere else he'd rather be than where / focus of the US effort is.

This is NPR News.

As the holiday shopping season went down, a widely circulated Bloomberg report estimated that Amazon may sell as may as eight million Kindles in 2010. And it wasn't just the sale of digital reading devices that boomed, sales of e-books also soared. Just six months ago, Amazon reported that it was selling more e-books than hard covers. And in a year-end letter to employees, the CEO of Random House predicted its worldwide e-book sales would increase by 250% over last year. Google entered the e-book market in 2010, getting Amazon some competition and allowing independent book stores to sell e-books from their own websites. Amazon also got some competition from other digital devices. The Apple iPad, which can also be used to read books, was introduced in the spring. And Barnes & Noble came out with a color version of its e-reading device, the Nook. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

评分次数

All sunshine without shade, all pleasure without pain, is not life at all.
实现无障碍英语沟通
怎么又有问题?
普特听力大课堂

[Homework]NPR 2010-12-26

The heaviest amounts from this system are probably gotta occur, probably in eastern portions of North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, and then across the northern Mid-Atlantic region which may include the New York City area, for instance, and then a lot of New England.

In Bethlehem, thousands gathered in Manger Square in unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade. US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal. But amidst the comradery, many say it's tough being away from home for the holiday.

It's an honor to serve my country, but also, I hate to miss my family at the same time, so it's 50-50.

Pope Benedict prayed for comfort, for oppressed Christian communities in Iraq and other parts in the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in mainland China, for nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.

The Indian Ocean is so vast. There'll simply never be enough warships to come to the systems of ships in this area.

The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan General David Petraeus is spending Christmas Day crisscrossing Afghanistan to visit coalition troop station at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of Kunduz where he told troops there's nowhere else he'd rather be than where / focus of the US effort is.

This is NPR News.

This post was generated by put listening repetition system,  Check the original dictation thread!

评分次数

好栏目推荐之美国口语俚语

This is NPR News.

评分次数

hw

Winter weather is disrupting holiday travel in the southern US, where some parts are having a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are canceled in and out of Atlanta. And National Weather Service meteorologist Brian Koty says the East Coast should get ready to face the same stone.
The heaviest amounts from this system are probably going to occur, probably in eastern portions of North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, and then across the northern Mid Atlantic region which may include the New York City area, for instance, and then a lot of New England.
Koty predicts snowfall will be so significant that people going to or leaving New England should do it today.
In Beth==, thousands gathered in == Square in unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade. US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal, but amidst the comradery, many say it's tough being away from home for the holiday.
It's an honor to serve my country, but it’s also. I hate to miss my family at the same time, so it's 50-50.
Pope Be== delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning from a balcony overlooking St. Peter's Square. The BBC's David Wily reports the Pope asked for prayers for those suffering religious and political repression.
Pope prayed for comfort, for oppressed Christian communities in Iraq and other parts of the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in mainland China, for nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.
And the == estimates in the last two years the size of ransoms has doubled. Naval warships are trying to provide security in the area and do make arrests, but Captain == of the Maritime == says the area is just too big.
The Indian Ocean is so vast. There'll simply never be enough warships to come to the systems of ships in this area.
This year, pirates staged attacks as far as 1,400 nautical miles off the Somali coast. == says he expects pirate attacks to grow in 2011. Frank ==, NPR News, ==
Thousands gathered in frigid temperatures and light rain to hear Pope==deliver his Christmas Day message from the central balcony of St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. He called for peace in the Middle East and urged Roman Catholics in China and Iraq to resist persecution.
The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan, General David Petrous, is spending Christmas Day crisscrossing Afghanistan to visit == troops stationed at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of ==, where he told troops there's nowhere else he'd rather be than where the focus of the US effort is.
This is NPR News.
The Pakistani army is in the second day of large-scale fighting near the Afghan border. Officials say helicopter gunships and artillery have killed 40 Islamist militants. And in another northwest province, a female suicide bomber killed at least 40 people when she detonated an explosives landen vest at a food aid distribution center.
India's space agency has suffered a second failure for this year. A rocket carrying a communication satellite exploded just after lift off today. A similar rocket failed in flight in April. India's planning a manned space flight in 2016.
This year's holiday shopping season is bringing increased sales in e-books and e-book reading devices. Details from NPR's Lyn Nery.
As the holiday shopping season wound down, a widely circulated Bloomberg report estimated that Amazon may sell as may as eight million Kindles in 2010. And it wasn't just the sale of digital reading devices that boomed, sales of e-books also soared. Just six months ago, Amazon reported that it was selling more e-books than hardcovers. And in a year-end letter to employees, the CEO of Random House predicted its worldwide e-book sales would increase by 250 percent over last year. Google entered the e-book market in 2010, getting Amazon some competition and allowing independent bookstores to sell e-books from their own websites. Amazon also got some competition from other digital devices. The Apple iPad, which can also be used to read books, was introduced in the spring. And Barnes and Noble came out with a color version of its e-reading device, the Nook. Lyn Nery, NPR News, Washington.

评分次数

homework

From NPR News in Washington, I’m Babarra Cline.
Winter weather is disrupting holiday travel in the Southern U.S. where some parts are having a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are cancelled in and out of Atlanta and national weather service meteorologist Brian Courty says the East Coast should get ready to face a same storm.
“The heaviest amount from this system will probably occur, probably in eastern portions of North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, and then across the northern mid-Atlanta region which may include the New York City area, for instance, and then, em, a lot of New England.”
Courty predicts snow fall will be so significant that people going to or leaving New England should do it today.
In Bethlenheim (Bethlehem) thousands gathered in major square in unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Official say crowds are the biggest in a decade.
US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal but amidst the comradery, many say it’s tough being away from home for the holiday.
“It’s an honor to serve my country, but also I hate to miss my family at the same time, so it’s fifty-fifty.”
Pope Benedict delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning, from a balcony overlooking St. Peter Square for those suffering religious and political repression.
“Pope Benedict prayed for comfort, for oppressed Christian communites in Iraq and other parts of the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in mainland China, for nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.”
Piracy. And the bureau estimates that in the last two years the size of ransoms has doubled. Naval warships are trying to provide security in the area and do make arrests, but captain Potengal Mukundum of the Maritime Bureau says the area is just too big.
“The Indian Ocean is so vast. There simply will never be enough warships to come to the systems of ships in this area.”
This year pirates staged attacks as far as 1,400 nautical miles off the Somali coast. Mukundum says he expects pirate attacks to grow in 2011. Frank Landfit, NPR News, Nairobi.
Thousands gathered in frigid temperatures in light rain to hear Pope Benedict to deliver his Christmas-Day-Message from the central balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican. He called for peace in the Middle East and urged Roman Catholics in China (?) and Iraq to resist persecution.
The top NATO and US commanders in Afghanistan, general David Petraeus, is spending Christmas Day crisscrossing Afghanistan to vist coalition troops stationed at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of Kunduz, where he told troops there’s nowhere else he’d rather be than where the focus of the US effort is.
This is NPR News.

评分次数

每天半小时 轻松提高英语口语
Homework:

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Barbara Klein.Winter weather is distracting(disrupting) holiday travel in the southern US, where some parts are having a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are canceled in (and out of )Atlanta. And National Weather Service *(meteorologist) *Brian Korty says the East (Coast) should get ready to face the same storm."The heaviest amounts from this system are probably going to occur, probably in eastern (portions) of North *Carolina and southeastern *Virginia, and then across the northern Mid-Atlantic region which may include the New York City area, for instance, and then a lot of New England."Korty predicts snowfall will be so significant that people going to or leaving New England should do it today.

In *Bethlehem, thousands gathered in Major(Manger) Square in unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade. US troops celebrating Christmas in *Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal, but *(amidst) the *(comradery), many say it's tough being away from home for the holiday.
"It's an honor to serve my country, but (it’s) also a(I) hate to miss my family at the same time, so it's fifty-fifty."

*Pope Benedict delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning from a balcony overlooking St. Peter('s )Square. The BBC's David *Willey reports the *Pope asked for prayers for those suffering religious and political *(repression).*Pope Benedict prayed for comfort, for *(oppressed )Christian communities in Iraq and other parts of the Middle East. He prayed for *(Catholics) in mainland China, for nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.

And the bureau estimates (that?)in the last two years the size of *(ransoms) has doubled. Naval warships are trying to provide security in the area and do make arrests, but Captain *Pottengal Mukundan of the Maritime Bureau says the area is just too big.
"The Indian Ocean is so vast. There'll simply never be enough warships to come to the assistance(systems) of ships in this area."

This year, pirates staged attacks as far as 1,400 *(nautical) miles off the Somali coast. Mukundan says he expects pirate attacks to grow in 2011. Frank *Langfitt, NPR News, Nairobi.

Thousands gathered in *(frigid) temperatures and light rain to hear *Pope Benedict deliver his Christmas Day message from the central balcony of St. Peter's *Basilica at the *Vatican. He called for peace in the Middle East and urged Roman Catholics in China and Iraq to resist *(persecution).The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan, General David *Petraeus, is spending Christmas Day *(crisscrossing) Afghanistan to visit *(coalition) troops stationed at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of *Kunduz, where he told troops there's nowhere else he'd rather be than where the focus of the US effort is.This is NPR News.

评分次数

Winter weather is disrupting holiday travel in the southern US, where some parts are having a rare white Christmas. Hundreds of flights are canceled in and out of Atlanta. And National Weather Service meteorologist Brian Korty says the East Coast should get ready to face the same storm."The heaviest amounts from this system are probably gotta occur, probably in eastern portions of North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, and then across the northern Mid-Atlantic region which may include the New York City area, for instance, and then a lot of New England."

In Bethlehem, thousands gathered in Manger Square in unseasonably warm weather to celebrate the holiday. Officials say crowds are the biggest in a decade. US troops celebrating Christmas in Afghanistan today enjoyed a special meal, but amidst the comradery, many say it's tough being away from home for the holiday."It's an honor to serve my country, but it’s also - I hate to miss my family at the same time, so it's 50-50."Pope Benedict delivered his Christmas message to the world this morning from a balcony overlooking St. Peter's Square. The BBC's David Willey reports the Pope asked for prayers for those suffering religious and political repression.Pope Benedict prayed for comfort, for oppressed Christian communities in Iraq and other parts of the Middle East. He prayed for Catholics in mainland China, for nations suffering from natural disasters in Latin America.And the bureau estimates in the last two years the size of ransoms has doubled. Naval warships are trying to provide security in the area and do make arrests, but Captain Pottengal Mukundan of the Maritime Bureau says the area is just too big."The Indian Ocean is so vast. There'll simply never be enough warships to come to the systems of ships in this area."

Thousands gathered in frigid temperatures and light rain to hear Pope Benedict deliver his Christmas Day message from the central balcony of St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. He called for peace in the Middle East and urged Roman Catholics in China and Iraq to resist persecution.The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan, General David Petraeus, is spending Christmas Day crisscrossing Afghanistan to visit coalition troops stationed at some of the major battle fronts. His first stop today was the northern province of Kunduz, where he told troops there's nowhere else he'd rather be than where the focus of the US effort is.

This is NPR News.

The Pakistani army is in the second day of large-scale fighting near the Afghan border. Officials say helicopter gunships and artillery have killed 40 Islamist militants. And in another northwest province, a female suicide bomber killed at least 40 people when she detonated an explosives-laden vest at a food aid distribution center.India's space agency has suffered a second failure for this year. A rocket carrying a communication satellite exploded just after liftoff today. A similar rocket failed in flight in April. India's planning a manned space flight in 2016.

As the holiday shopping season wound down, a widely circulated Bloomberg report estimated that Amazon may sell as may as eight million Kindles in 2010. And it wasn't just the sale of digital reading devices that boomed, sales of e-books also soared. Just six months ago, Amazon reported that it was selling more e-books than hardcovers. And in a year-end letter to employees, the CEO of Random House predicted its worldwide e-book sales would increase by 250 percent over last year. Google entered the e-book market in 2010, getting Amazon some competition and allowing independent bookstores to sell e-books from their own websites. Amazon also got some competition from other digital devices. The Apple iPad, which can also be used to read books, was introduced in the spring. And Barnes & Noble came out with a color version of its e-reading device, the Nook. Lynn Neary, NPR News, Washington.

评分次数

口译专员推荐—>口译训练软件IPTAM口译通
HOMEWORK

This is NPR News.

评分次数

返回列表