一、若是自己的听写稿, 请发帖时标注'Homework'.
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
三、为了达到最快的下载速度,推荐使用迅雷高速下载本站音频/视频材料.

普特在线文本比较普特在线听音查字普特在线拼写检查普特文本转音频

支持普特英语听力就多多发帖吧!您们的参与是对斑竹工作最大的肯定与支持!如果您觉得还不错,推荐给周围的朋友吧~
本帖最后由 保十洁有时开心 于 2020-12-31 10:53 编辑

Homework

Live from NPR news I’m Louise Shiavone.

The Christmas day explosion of a recreational vehicle on a downtown Nashville street shocked the nation. And investigators on the case said Anthony Quinn Warner, the man now believed to stage the suicide bomb was nowhere on their radar screen, but Samantha Max of member station WPLN tells us that was not completely accurate, and Nashville’s police chief is explaining why he said nothing about a tip on the bomber one year earlier.

The revelation that Warner’s girlfriend told police that she thought he was making bombs in his RV has shocked the city. And many want to know why the department didn’t release the report sooner. Chief John Drake says he learned about the 2019 tip on Sunday night.
“When I had the information that it might be reported out there, I wanted to know what happened, what did the officers do, what was the response what was the follow-up investigation.”
Drake says police are still investigating what happened and whether there is anything officers could have done differently to prevent Friday’s bombing. But he believes officers did everything they could. For NPR news I’m Samantha Max in Nashville.  

Senator Josh Hawley says he plans to object when Congress convenes next week to certify the 2020 electoral college vote, NPR’s Windsor Johnston reports the Missouri republican is the first senator to publicly announce plans to challenge the results.

Senator Josh Hawley is expected to join a number of House republicans who also plan to object. Citing concerns about the integrity of the election, Holly says some states including Pennsylvania failed to follow their own state election laws. His objection may put his republican colleagues in a tight spot, forcing them to vote on whether to side with president Trump who falsely claims the election was stolen from him or with the popular will of the voters. NPR’s Windsor Johnston.

The highly infectious variant of the covid-19 virus has now been identified in two states, California, and Colorado. Authorities in California are appealing to the population there to forego New Year’s Eve parties, meanwhile role out of covid-19 vaccines has been slower than expected in many states. That include Virginia where distribution plan has been scaled back. Ben from member station VPM reports.

The federal government trimmed Virginia allotment of doses by about 100,000 earlier this month. State data showed about a fifth of the 285,000 doses Virginia has received so far have been administered. Christy Grey is Virginia’s top immunization official at the Department of Health.
“We have a long way to go and I think we will continue to get more efficient.”
She blamed the logistical hurdles and the holiday period for slowing the role-out. Cases across the state remain high. And Virginia is on track to surpass 5,000 death from covid-19 in the coming days. For NPR news I’m Ben in Richmond.

On Wall Street the Dow up 73, this is NPR.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has signed off on the post Brexit Trade Deal that will avert the most severe impacts of the countries split with European Union. Tarry reports the agreement was signed by the EU side earlier today and then flown to London.

Johnson says the trade in customs deal signed with EU is not an end but the beginning of what he says will be a “wonderful relationship with the EU”.
“it’s an excellent deal for this country but also for our department”
UK law makers complained about being given only one day to debate the 1200 paged agreement that will replace the current transitional arrangement starting January first. The accord will be considered provisional until the European parliament votes on it and that could come as late as March, EU lawmakers refuse to rush after negotiations concluded on Christmas ‘Eve and will only start scrutinizing the deal next month, For NPR news I’m Tarry in Brussels.

It looks like a national population count that determines the apportionment of congressional seats will not be compiled before the Trump administration leaves office. The Census bureau was poised to announces it will not be able to meet its year end deadline for handing in the numbers, this can be the first time that the December 31st targeted date is missed since the deadline was implemented more than 4 decades ago by Congress, president Trump has had a goal of excluding people from the census count who are not in the US legally. Now House committee reports that it appears the apportionment numbers will not be ready until days after the Joe Biden inauguration.

I’m Louise Shiavone.
NPR news. Washington.
彭冠英,我们好好学英语吧。
立即获取| 免费注册领取外教体验课一节
不愧是保时捷,这速度,杠杠滴。
实现无障碍英语沟通
本帖最后由 20060200322 于 2020-12-31 11:23 编辑

[Homework] 英首相这趟说的英文可真是糊啊,估计我说的chinglish都比他说的易懂。
另外普特为啥不能对文本标记删除线呢(中划线),只有下划线,我想标记一下自己的错处都难。

Live from NPR news, I'm Louis Schiavone.

The Christmas Day explosion of a recreational vehicle on a downtown national street, shot the nation. An investigator on the case said Anthony Q Warner, the man now believed to stage the suicide bombing, was nowhere on their radar stream. But Samantha Max of member station WPLN tells us that was not completely accurate. And Nashville police chief has explained why he said nothing about a tip on the bomber 1 year earlier. The revelation that Warner's girlfriend told police that she thought he was making bombs in his RV has shot the city. And many want to know why the department didn't release the report sooner. Chief John Drake says he learned about 2019 tip on Sunday night. "What I have the information that it might be a report out there. I wanted to know what happened, er, what did the officers do, what was the response, what was the follow-up investigation." Drake says police are still investigating what happened, and whether there's anything officers could have done differently to prevent Friday's bombing. But he believes officers did everything they could. For NPR news, I'm Samantha Max, in Nashville.

Senator Josh Hawley says he plans to object when congress convenes next week, to certify the 2020 electoral college votes. NPR's Windsor Johnston reports, the Brazilian(x) Republican is the first senator to publicly announce plans to challenge the result. Senator Hawley is expected to join a number of House Republicans who also plan to object. Citing concerns about the integrity of the election, Hawley says some states including Pennsylvania failed to follow their own state election laws. His objection may put his Republican calling in a tide(x) spot, forcing them to vote on whether to sign with President Trump who falsely claims the election was stolen from him, or with the popular will of the voters. NPR's Windsor Johnston.

The highly infectious variant of the Covid-19 virus has now been identified in 2 states - California and Colorado. Authorities in California are appealing to the population area(x) to forgo new year eve parties. Meanwhile rollout of Covid-19 vaccines has been slower than expected in many states. That includes Virginia, where distribution plans have been scaled back. Ben Paviour from member station VPM reports. The federal government chained(x) Virginia allotment of doses by about 100,000 earlier this month. State data shows about a fifth of 285,000 doses Virginia has received so far have been administered. Christy Gray is Virginia's top immunization official at the Department of Health. "We have a long way to go. And I think we will continue to get more infection." She blames logistical hurdles and the holiday period for slowing the rollout. Cases across the state remain high. And Virginia is on track to surpass 5,000 deaths from Covid-19 in the coming days. For NPR news, I'm Ben Paviour, in Richmond.

On Wall Street, the Dow up 73. This is NPR.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has signed off on the post-Brexit trade deal that will revert the most severe impacts of the country's split with the European Union. Teri Schultz reports the agreement was signed by the EU side earlier today and then flown to London. Johnson says the trade and customs deal signed with EU is not an end but the beginning of what he says will be a "wonderful relationship" with the EU. "It's an excellent deal for this country but also for our friends and partners." UK lawmakers complained about being given only 1 day to debate the 1,200 pages agreement that will replace the current transitional arrangement starting January 1st. The accord will be considered provisional until the European Parliament votes on it and that could come as late as March. EU lawmakers refuse to rush after negotiations concluded on Christmas eve, and will only start scrutinizing the deal next month. For NPR news, I'm Teri Schultz, in Brussels.

It looks like a national population count that determines the apportionment of the congressional seats will not be compiled before the Trump administration leaves office. The Census Bureau was poised to announce it will not be able to meet its year-end deadline for handing in the numbers. This could be the first time that the December 21st(x) target date is missed, since the deadline was implemented more than 4 decades ago by congress. President Trump has had a goal of excluding people from the Census Count who are not in the US legally. Now House Committee reports that it appears the apportionment *** will not be ready until days after that Joe Biden inauguration.

I'm Louis Schiavone, NPR news, Washington.
返回列表