Board logo

标题: [商业新闻] 2014-04-11&04-13 提升“财商” 不做庞氏骗局牺牲品 [打印本页]

作者: qingchengshan    时间: 2014-4-11 08:00     标题: 2014-04-11&04-13 提升“财商” 不做庞氏骗局牺牲品

user posted image

How to avoid a Ponzi scheme   

CNNMoney's Zain Asher explains how a Ponzi scheme works and how to avoid falling for one.

【视频在线播放】

[flv]http://download.putclub.com/newupdate/multitopic/business/putclub.com_2014bc0411-13_Ponzi_scheme.flv[/flv]
user posted image

【电信1】 RealVideo / mp3

【电信2】 RealVideo / mp3

【网通/教育网】 RealVideo / mp3

点击进入商业频道整理稿汇总页面

点击进入多主题版块听写规则(新手必读)

版主提示:
一、若是自己的听写稿, 请发帖时标注'Homework'.
二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注'on 某某人'并在修改处标红.
三、为了达到最快的下载速度,推荐使用迅雷高速下载本站音频/视频材料.

作者: 徐欣玮    时间: 2014-4-11 08:57     标题: [Homework]2014-04-11&04-13 提升“财商” 不做庞氏骗局牺牲品

So have you ever heard the phrae if it's too good to be true than, I don't know, probably is. I think we have coined that phrase, what is probably talking about the Ponzi scheme. That is a scheme not a fraud that uses new investment money to pay back old ones. So let me give you an example.
So let's say John manages to persuade Ringo to invest 100,000 dollars in his firm and every year after that, John begins to pay Ringo 20,000 dollars a year. So Ringo, just like anyone else will be, is really happy thinking yeah, looking at these great returns, I'm so excited, look at my amazing returns. But unfortunately what Ringo doesn't realize is that John is using Ringo's original investment to pay him that money. So that money is actually coming from Ringo's original investment. And then you have Pual jumping in, paying another 100,000 dollars to the firm. And the fruits of the growth gets bigger and bigger. I think the person who would know the most about Ponzi Scheme is Berni. He actually runs 65 billion dollars. 65 billion dollars is a huge amount of Ponzi Scheme. And it began to unreval when some of his investors began to pull their money out of the firm. And he didn't really have enough money to pay some of the other investors and that's how he was caught.
OK, what sort of thing should I watch out for. So anyone guaranteeing little or no risk, that's a red flag because trust me when I tell you that every single investment has some degree of risk. Another red flag possibly overly consistent returns because nothing goes straight up. And according to the SEC, other red flags could be unregistered investments, unlicensed sellers, issues with paperworks as well. But in case of wondering where the Ponzi Scheme gets its name from, the answer is a man named Charles Ponzi. It's about a hundred year ago, he managed to defraud investors in new England of roughly 20 million dollars and that's how Ponzi Scheme got its name and sadly we are still falling for them today.

This post was generated by put listening repetition system,  Check the original dictation thread!
作者: polartag    时间: 2014-4-11 11:21

本帖最后由 polartag 于 2014-4-11 11:24 编辑

Homework:

So have you ever heard the phrase if it’s too good to be true, then I don’t know, it probably is?
I think whoever coined that phrase was probably talking about the Ponzi scheme, so that’s a scheme, that’s a fraud that uses new investor money to pay back old one, so let me give an example.  
So let’s say John managed to persuade Ringo to invest $100,000 in his firm, and then every year after that, John begins to pay Ringo $20,000 a year. So Ringo just like anyone else would be, is really happy, thinking, yeah, you know, look at these great returns, I’m so excited, look at my amazing returns. Though unfortunately, what Ringo doesn’t realize is that John is using Ringo’s original investment to pay him that money. So that money is actually coming from Ringo’s original investment. And then you have Paul jumping in, paying another, $100,000 to the firm, and the fraud sort of grows, it gets bigger and bigger. I think the person who would know the most about Ponzi Schemes is Burney Madoff, he actually run a 65 billion dollar, 65 billion dollars is a huge amount, a Ponzi scheme and it began to unravel when some of his investors began to pull their money out of the firm. And he didn’t really have enough money to pay some of the other investors, and that’s how he was caught.

Ok, well, what sort of things should I watch out for?

Okay, so anyone guaranteeing little or no risk, that’s a red flag, because trust me when I tell you that every single investment has some degree of risk. Another red flag, possibly overly consistent returns, because nothing goes straight up. And according to the SEC, other red flags could be unregistered investments, unlicensed sellers, issues with paperwork as well. But in case you are wondering where the Ponzi scheme got its name from, the answer is a man named Charles Ponzi, it’s about 100 years ago, he managed to defraud investors in new England of roughly 20,000,000 US dollars, so that’s how the Ponzi scheme got its name, and sadly we are still falling for them today.
作者: littlecase    时间: 2014-4-12 11:46

HW

So have you * the phrase if it’s too good to be true, then I don’t know, probably is I think whoever quote that phrase was probably talking about the Ponzi scheme so, that’s the scheme, that’s the fraud that uses new investors’ money to pay the old ones.

So let me give an example. So let’s say, John manages to persuade Ringo to invest 100,000 dollars in his firm and every year after that, John begins to pay Ringo 20,000 dollars a year. So Ringo, just like everyone else who could be, is really happy, thinking, yeah, you know look at these great returns. So excited. Look at my amazing returns. So unfortunately, what Ringo doesn’t realize is that John is using Ringo’s original investment to pay him that money. So that money actually comes from Ringo’s original investment. Then you have to poll jumping in, paying another 100,000 dollars in the firm. And the first fraud gets bigger and bigger. I think the person who knows most about Ponzi schme is Benny*. Uh, he actually ran* 65 billion dollars. 65 billion dollars is a huge amount. A Ponzi scheme. And it began to unravel when some of his investors began to pull their money out of the firm and he didn’t have enough money to pay some of the other investors *. He was caught.

So what are the things that we should watch out for? OK. So anyone guaranteeing * low risk * because trust me when I tell you that every single investment has some degree of risk. A * possibly returns * overly consistently return because nothing go straight up. And * ACC, other * could be unlicensed investments, unlicensed seller issued with paid workers as well. In case you are wondering where the Ponzi scheme get the name from. The answer is * Charles Ponzi. So a hundred years ago, he managed to defraud the investors from New England of 20 million dollars. That’s how Ponzi scheme got its name from. But sadly, we are still falling for them today.
作者: lyrachow    时间: 2014-4-12 17:19     标题: [Homework]2014-04-11&04-13 提升“财商” 不做庞氏骗局牺牲品

Have you ever heard  a phrase if it's too good to be true, then I don't know, probably is I think whoever quote that phrase is probably talking about the Ponzi scheme, so that's the scheme, that's a fraud that uses new investor money to pay that old one, so let me give an example:

So let's say John managed to purchase Ringo to invest 100,000 dollars in his firm, and every year after that John begins to pay Ringo 20,000 dollars a year, so Ringo just anyone else I believe is really happy, thinking, yeah, you know look at the great returns, I am so excited... my amazing returns. But unfortunately what Ringo dosen't realize is that John is using Ringo original investment to him that money, that money actually come form Ringo original investment. And then you have Paul jumping in pay another 100,000 dollars to firm, and the fraud grows, it gets bigger and bigger. I think the person who know the most about Ponzi scheme is Burney Madoff, he actually managed 65 billon dollars, 65 billion dollars is a huge amount, a Ponzi scheme and it began to unravel when some of the investors began to pull their money out the firm. And he didn't really have money to pay some of the other investors, and that's how he was caught.

OK, well, what sort of things we should watch out for? OK, so anyone guaranteeing little or no risk, it's a red flag because trust me while I tell you every single investment has some degree of risk. Another red flag, possibility overly consistent return, becuse nothing goes..up. And according to SEC, other flag reds could be unlicensed investments, unlicensed sellers, issues of paperwork as well. But in case you are wondering where the Ponzi scheme got its name from, the answer is a man name Charles Ponzi, so a hunder years ago he managed to defraud investors in England about 20 million dollars, so that's how Ponzi scheme got its name, and sadly we are still falling for them today.

This post was generated by put listening repetition system,  Check the original dictation thread!
作者: karensun522    时间: 2014-4-13 11:33

5# lyrachow
So have you ever heard of the phrase 'if it's too good to be true'? Then I don't know probably is. Every time we point that phrase, we probably talk about Ponzi Scheme. That's a scheme. That's a fraud. That's new invested money to pay back old one. Let me give you an example. So let's say John managed to persuade Ringo to invest $100,000 in his firm. And every year after that John begins to pay Ringo $20,000 a year. So Ringo, just like everyone else would be, is really happy, thinking 'Yeah, you know, looking at these great returns, I'm excite, look at my amazing returns'. But what Ringo doesn't realize is John is using Ringo's original investment to pay him that money. So that money comes from Ringo's original investment. And then you have Paul jumping in, paying another $100,000 to them. And the fruits of growth get bigger and bigger.
I think the person who would know most of a Ponzi Scheme would be Bernard Mandoff. He actually ran a $65 billion. $65 billion is a huge amount of Ponzi Scheme. And it began to unravel since someone began to pull their money out of the firm. And he didn't really have the enough money to pay that investor and this is how he was caught.
What's the thing we should watch out for? So anyone guaranteeing little or no risk, that's a red flag.'cuz trust me every single investment has some degree of risk. Another red flag, possibly overly consistent return because nothing goes straight up. And according to the SEC (Security and Exchange Commision 美国证券交易委员会), other red flags could be unregistered investments, unlicensed sellers, issues with paperwork as well. But in case was wondering where Ponzi Scheme got its name from, the answer is a man name Charles Ponzi, so 100 years ago, he managed to defraud the investors in New England of rough $20 million. And that's how Ponzi Scheme got its name. And saly we're still falling for them today.
作者: xingxingcamille    时间: 2014-4-30 07:11

HOMEWORK

So have you ever heard the phrase that if it’s too good to be true, then I don’t know, it probably is?

I think whoever coined that phrase was probably talking about the Ponzi scheme, so that’s a scheme, that’s a fraud that uses new investor money to payback old ones. So let me give an example.

So let’s say John managed to persuade Ringo to invest $100,000 in his firm, and every year after that, John begins to pay Ringo $20,000 a year. So Ringo, just like anyone else would be, is really happy thinking: “Yeah, you know, look at these great returns. I’m so excited. Look at my amazing returns.” Though unfortunately, what Ringo doesn’t realize is that John is using Ringo’s original investment to pay him that money. So that money is actually coming from Ringo’s original investment. And then you have Paul jumping in, paying another $100,000 to the firm, and the fraud sort of growth gets bigger and bigger. I think the person who would know the most about Ponzi schemes is Burney Madoff. He actually ran a $65 billion, $65 billion is a huge amount Ponzi scheme. And it began to unravel when some of his investors began to pull their money out of the firm. And he didn’t really have enough money to pay some of the other investors, and that’s how he was caught.

Ok, well, what kind of things should I watch out for? Ok, so any one guaranteeing little or no risk, that’s a red flag, because trust me when I tell you that every single investment has some degree of risk. Another red flag, possibly overly consistent returns because nothing goes straight up. And according to the SEC, other red flags could be unregistered investments, unlicensed sellers, issues with paperwork as well.

But in cause you are wondering where the Ponzi scheme got its name from. The answer is a man named Charles Ponzi. It’s about 100 years ago, he managed to defraud investors in England of roughly $20 million. So that’s how the Ponzi scheme got its name, and sadly we are still falling for them today.
作者: tribanana    时间: 2014-5-4 18:57

Hw:
  So ,have you ever heard the phase if it's too good to be true, then, i
don't know, probably is?
  I think whoever coined that phase probably talking about the Ponzi's
scheme, that's a scheme, that's a fraud that uses new investor money to pay
back the old one, so let me give you an example.
  so let's say John managed to persuade Ringo to invest 100,000 dollars in
his firm, and every year after that, John begins to pay Ringo 20,000 a year,
so Ringo, just like any one else would be, is really happy, thinking, yeah,
you know, look these great returns, I'm so excited, look my amazing return,
  but unfortunately what Ringo does not realize is that John is using Ringo's
original investment to pay him that money, that money actually comes from
Ringo's original investment, and then you have Paul jumping in, paying
another 100,000 dollar to the firm, and with the fraud grows, it gets bigger
and bigger, I think the person who know the most about the Ponzi scheme
is Burney Madoff, he actually runs a 65$ billion dollars, $65 billion dollar
is a huge amount, a Ponzi scheme and it began to unravel when some of his
investors began to pull their money out of the firm, and he didn't really
have enough money to pay some of the other investors, that's how he was
caught.
  OK, well, what sort of things should i watch out for?
        OK, so any one who guaranteeing little or no risk, that's a red flag,
because trust me, when I tell you that every single investment has some
degree risk, another red flag, possibly overly consistent return, because
nothing goes straight up, and according to the SEC, other red flags could
be unregistered investments, unlicensed sellers, issues with paperwork as
well, but in case when you are wondering where Ponzi scheme got its name
from, the answer is a man named Charles Ponzi, it's about 100 years ago,
he managed to defraud investors in new England of roughly 20,000,000
dollars, so that's how Ponzi scheme got its name, and sadly we are still
falling to them today.

欢迎光临 普特英语听力论坛 (http://forum.putclub.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0