Board logo

标题: [word-lover] 【整理】2015-08-06 How to Use a Word [打印本页]

作者: qingchengshan    时间: 2015-8-7 07:37     标题: 2015-08-06 How to Use a Word

wordlover-2015-08-06
http://download.putclub.com/newupdate/sest/201508/06/putclub.com_wordlover20150806.mp3
user posted image

电信 1 (MP3)

电信 2 (MP3)

网通 1 (MP3)

版主提示:

一、若是自己的听写稿且非头贴, 请发帖时标注"Homework".

二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注"on 某某人"并在修改处标红.

三、请用Verdana 3号字体.

四、若在听写和理解过程中遇到困难,请到Special版Q&A提问。

作者: KK2015forever    时间: 2015-8-7 20:17     标题: [Homework]2015-08-06 How to Use a Word

Today's word is titanic, spelled T-I-T-A-N-I-C. Titanic is an adjective that means having great magnitude, force or power, colossal.

Here's the word used in a sentence from the Glasgow Evening Times by Stuert **.

** has withstood a titanic challenge from *** to reach his eighth consecutive Wimbledon quarter final.

Before becoming the name of the most famous ship in history, the word titanic refered to the Titans, a family of giants in Greek mythology who were believed to have once ruled the earth. They were subsequently overpowered and replaced by the younger Olympian Gods, under the leadership of Zeus. The size and power of the Titans is memorialized in the adjective ''titanic'' and the noun ''titanium'', a chemical element of exceptional strength that is used in the production of steel.

With your Word of the Day, I'm Peter Sokolowski.

This post was generated by put listening repetition system,  Check the original dictation thread!
作者: duadua    时间: 2015-8-11 21:24

本帖最后由 duadua 于 2015-8-11 21:41 编辑

Today`s word is Titanic,spelled T-i-t-a-n-i-c. Titanic is an adjective, that means having great magnititude force or power *(colossal).Here`s the word used in a sentance from the * evening times by * basket.
Murry has withstood a titanic challenge from * to reach it`s eight * * quarter finals.
(The four)Before become the name the famous ship in history, the word titanic (refers)referred to the titans a family of giant in Greek( *) mythology who were believed to have once ruled the earth, they were subsquently over the power and replaced by the younger Olympin gods under the leadership of (zoos)zeus. The size and the power of the titans is memorialized in the adjective titanic and in the noun titanium a chamical element of  exceptional (strance)strangth is used in the productive steel.
作者: duadua    时间: 2015-8-11 21:45

1# qingchengshan the Glasgow Evening Times是一个杂志么?

欢迎光临 普特英语听力论坛 (http://forum.putclub.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0