Board logo

标题: [word-lover] 【整理】2016-05-07 How to Use a Word [打印本页]

作者: qingchengshan    时间: 2016-5-8 08:00     标题: 2016-05-07 How to Use a Word

wordlover-2016-05-07
http://download.putclub.com/newupdate/sest/201605/07/putclub.com_wordlover20160507.mp3
user posted image

电信 1 (MP3)

电信 2 (MP3)

网通 1 (MP3)

版主提示:

一、若是自己的听写稿且非头贴, 请发帖时标注"Homework".

二、若是改稿, 请发帖时标注"on 某某人"并在修改处标红.

三、请用Verdana 3号字体.

四、若在听写和理解过程中遇到困难,请到Special版Q&A提问。

作者: cristianjey    时间: 2016-5-10 12:19     标题: [Homework]2016-05-07 How to Use a Word

Today's word is amicable, spelled AMICABLE.

Amicable is an adjective that means characterized by friendly goodwill, peaceable. Here is the word used in a sentence by Zalmay Khalilzad from Politico.

Throughout the conference, my colleagues and I engaged in amicable and productive talks, which gave us important insights on what it would take to secure regional support for the post-Taliban government.

The word amicable, which derives from Late Latin word amicabilis, meaning friendly, is one of a set of English words used to suggest cordial relationships. Amicable, neighborly, companionable, and friendly all mean marked by or exhibiting goodwill and an absence of antagonism. Amicable implies a state of peace and a desire on the part of the parties not to quarrel as in they maintained amicable relations; and the amicable process of bargaining. Neighborly implies a disposition to live on good terms with others, particularly those who are nearby, and to be helpful on principle as in neighborly concern. Companionable suggests sociability and companionship as in a companionable dinner with friends. Friendly stresses cordiality and often warmth or intimacy of personal relations as in a friendly correspondence.

I'm Peter Sokolowski with your friendly Word of the Day.

This post was generated by put listening repetition system,  Check the original dictation thread!
作者: Grace11122    时间: 2016-5-13 11:14     标题: [Homework]【整理】2016-05-07 How to Use a Word

Today's word is amicable, spelled A-M-I-C-A-B-L-E.Amicable is an adjective that means characterized by friendly good will, peaceful.Here is the word used in a sentence by # from political. Through the conference, my colleagues and I engaged in amicable and productive talks, which give us important insights on what we would take to secure regional support for the post tele#   government. The word amicable which derives from the later Latin word amicabilis meaning friendly is one of a set english words used to suggest #  relationships. Amicable, neighborly, companionable and friendly all mean marked by all # good will and absence of antagonism. Amicable implies the state of peace and design on the part of parties not to quarrel as they maintain amicable relations. And amicable process is bargaining. Neighborly implies the procession to live on good terms with others, particularly those who are nearby and to be helpful on principle as their neighborly concerned. Companionable suggests sociability and companionship as in a companionable dinner with friends. Friendly suggests c# and often warmth intimacy  of personal relations as in a friendly correspondence.
This post was generated by put listening repetition system,  Check the original dictation thread!

欢迎光临 普特英语听力论坛 (http://forum.putclub.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0